Ultimate Teams.

Ultimate Teams.

Postby bikecrazy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Ok so how do i make my team better and how does it all work? What do you do with things like player contracts and things. I was giving them to players but couldnt see if it made a difference!

Anyway its all tits to me!
bikecrazy
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Re: Ultimate Teams.

Postby jack_t_lad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 am

Obviously the better players you have the btter the team but you want to increase chemistry by using players who share a nationality or play for the same club or in the same league. Also the players and managers favored formation is releveant to this.
Contracts are needed for the player to play you can see how many games they have left on their cards. Morale is important for them to perform at their best as is fitness, I have backup players for each position for when fitness levels require a player to be rested for a game.

I am new to Ultimate teams also but I kind of figured it out I think. Got lucky with some gold packs and ended up with 2 Pato's (sold one for 56K) and a IF Demba Ba.
I now have an all PL team 4 1/2 star rating 95 chemistry and an all Serie A team with 4 1/2 stars and 100 chemistry.
The plan was to save some coins and add a few top quality expensive players into those to teams but last night I got restless and impatiant and started building team number 3 lol
an all Russian league team which looks like it could be the nuts, so far picked up Tosic, Honda, Danni and Bruno Alves. I was about to buy Akinfeev for a stupidly cheap 3k but got randomly disconnected from UT and missed out. GUTTED
jack_t_lad

Postby jack_t_lad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

TOTW: Every week, a selection of players will recieve upgraded cards, based on their Real Life performances of the previous week. Revealed on Tuesday, released on Wednesday, 6pm GMT. Collectively known as the Team Of The Week

IF: In Form, name given to the upgraded card of each of the Team of the Week players

SIF: Second In Form, name given to an upraded card who has featured in the Team Of The Week for the second time. The same goes for TIF (Third in Form) and so on.

NIF: If there is an IF of a player, people will refer to his normal version as NIF, basically meaning Not In Form, so people can distinguish between the various upgrades

TOTY: Team of the Year, similar to Team of the Week, except given based on a players' performance for the whole year

The Market

The Market is where you can buy and sell your players, for profit, and to get the players you desperately need to finish off your squad.

It works very much like an Ebay style market, with the option to bid for players in an online auction, or buy the player now, if you can't stand waiting

You can also send trade offers of players of equal value. A players' value is mainly determined by their rating and cardweight (how many times they appear in packs).

Money Management

One thing you don't do in UT, is fly into buying players, as you can soon end up potless. If you're buying a team, you must know approximately how much each player will cost. So you don't spend more than you need to, or worse, be left with half a team. You should always have a back-up plan. If you make a couple bad trades, you should always have about 10-20k to fall back on, so you have enough to start trading again

Hidden Gems

You've got a player in a pack, but you're not sure if he is valuable, here are the things to check for:

If he has 4 or 5* skills (found in in-game stats screen, via the pause menu) The skillers here will pay a lot to use him.

high rating, the most obvious

forum reviews: If the player has good reviews from the community, his value goes up

Current market rarity: If there is only 4 or 5 of said player, he is rarer, and thus more valuable

Squads

When it comes down to it, what do most want from Ultimate Team? To get the team they strive for. But before you dive headlong into buying the best, there's a few things you should know first:

Chemistry: Chemistry is a returning idea from previous editions of Ultimate Team, and determines how well the team will play together. This is determined by factors such as same nationalities, same league, same club, position and formation. A player who has all of these with his Team-mates will play much better than a player who doesn't. Managers also affect your chemistry, without nation links to the players, or a correct formation, he is pointless

Contracts: every player and manager is on a contract, different contracts can be found on the market, of different values. Once a player is out of contract, he cannot be used until the contract is renewed.

Fitness: If you run a player into the ground, his fitness goes down. If a player lacks high fitness, he won't perform as well. Fitness can be recovered by fitness cards, or simply rotating the squad

Morale: If you lose a match, your team's morale goes down. As with fitness, low morale = low performance. This can be recovered by morale cards, or winning matches

Star Rating: All of your players count towards an overall team rating. You will be matched with players of a similar overall rating

Back-up Plan

Always keep at least 2 squads. So that, if your main squad gets injured/low fitness, you can rest them. You can even play with your 2nd team only to raise funds for your main squad

Tournaments

In game tournaments, all have certain entry requirements (x amount of players from same nation, etc.) A max/min star rating, and a star prize.

You can either play offline, against the AI, or online, against other members of the Community. The reward will be higher if you play online

Money Making Techniques

No doubt, this will be the most popular section of the guide

Technique: Buy low, Sell high
Description: capitalise on bargains in the market by buying them, and selling them for a higher price
Pros: can result in huge profit if you know what you are doing
Cons: You really need to know the market, if you want high success here
Success rate: 3/5

Technique: 59th Minute
Description: Capitalise on mistakes by sellers who don't know the market, by purchasing huge bargains
Pros: probably the biggest bargains to be found are here
Cons: takes a while to get there, and you will go through a lot of competition to get those deals
Success Rate: 2/5

Technique: Discard method
Description: you can discard gold players for a few hundred coins, if you can find them on the market for lower, it's slow, easy coins
Pros: a secure method, you can't really lose money on it
Cons: takes a while to get anywhere with it, loses huge amount of bid tokens if using the web-app
Success Rate: 4/5

Note: On web-app, you are looking for the "quick sell" button

"Quick Sell" prices (approx):

Regular gold: 300
Rare Gold: 600
Silver IF: 5k
Gold IF: 9k

Technique: High Value Pack-Pulls
Description: You can get packs of players and consumables in packs. Find a high value player, or even better, a TOTW player, and you could have enough coins to build a dream team 3 times over
Pros: not relying on other gamers for success
Cons: Extremely low Success Rate
Success Rate: 0.5/5

Software

Last year, Autobuyers were used by the Computer Geniuses amongst us to take bargains before everyone else. EA is coming down hard on these. But there is no guarantee they won't be used again

Packs

Packs give you players, staff, consumables, and other accessories for you club. They come in 3 categories. Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each giving player value corresponding to their name.

Under each category, lies Reular, or Premium. Premium gives you more chance of getting rare players than Regular, but at higher price.

Play-a-Friend

You can play your online friends with your Ultimate Team, without affecting contracts etc.

If they are online, you can play them. Or you can just play their team, with an AI opponent

play the TOTW

as mentioned earlier, a TOTW is released every Wednesday. Now you can play against the TOTW. In an offline match
jack_t_lad

Postby Pauly » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:23 pm

IT is crazy how different HUT is in the NHL franchise. Would like to see some of these things migrate to the NHL franchise for sure.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby immerume2 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm

This looks like some really inventive shit. Would someone who doesn't follow Euro leagues have issues keeping up with all of this? I know the game pretty well from playing 6-16 years and odd rec leagues here and there. Would I be totally screwed on this feature not following players or is it pretty well spelled out so anyone can do it?
immerume2
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby bikecrazy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks for posting all that. It will definatley help me out.
bikecrazy
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby immerume2 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 pm

I have this game now. Haven't been able to play much yet though. Going to be using my team this weekend and trying to earn coins right off I have sole French players including a gold card keeper I picked up. Are french any good at soccer? Should I focus on a different country and dump all the frnchoes when I can?
immerume2
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Return to FIFA