Demon's Souls: Boletarian Palace

Demon's Souls: Boletarian Palace

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

The sense of relief when the ominous knight dropped to the ground was immense. A deadly and intimidating foe, clad in full plate armour and with glowing red eyes beneath his visor, he had come dangerously close to killing me, like so many others had before. I removed my helmet, the silver feeling twice as heavy as it normally did to my fatigued arms, as I could barely see through the beads of sweat that had accumulated. I ran my sleeve over my forehead before replacing the helmet in a futile effort to relieve the discomfort, the metal feeling horribly clammy on my skin. I fumbled inside the folds of my coarse leather chest armour, and retrieved the key I had taken earlier.

It served as a painful reminder of the damage caused by the fog that had isolated the land of Boletaria. It was given to me by Prince Ariona \'Ostrava\' Allant, shortly before he killed himself in front of my own eyes, unable to deal with the knowledge of what his father had become. I glanced at the sturdy oak double doors in front of me. The Boletarian royal family mausoleum, hidden away on one of the ramparts of this great castle, for which I now held the key. I unlocked the door with the heavy agalmatolite key, gripped my trusty Falchion and pushed it open.

A figure stood before me, clad in heavy looking turquoise armour, the helmet carved to look like a face. He held a huge and deadly looking two handed sword, and had the air of somebody who knew how to use it. I removed my silver shield from my back and held it aloft, ready for an attack as I walked forward, but I stopped as the figure spoke, mere paces away from me.

“Thou who seeketh the King\'s sword! I am the Old King. Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls. Prepare thyself, brave knight.â€
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re:Demon's Souls: Boletarian Palace

Postby illoominator » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:20 am

woop great piece. those of you who have played DS will realise how well this portrays the scene. this truly does the game justice. Well written, Mush.

on a side note, i cant kill the fucker.
illoominator
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Haha, thank you very much.

I found that the best way to kill him quickly was to parry or backstab him with a fatal weapon, give it a go.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gosu360 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Nice piece Mushi. I\'ve not played DS but reading this really set a good scene and atmosphere in my head and all from teh written word.
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Return to The Writers' Section