Demon's Souls: Arriving at the Shrine of Storms

Demon's Souls: Arriving at the Shrine of Storms

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm

The world in front of me slowly came into focus as I felt myself materialising at the archstone. Doesn’t seem to matter how many times I do it, it always feels… Unnatural. Regaining my composure, I lifted the falchion I held in my right hand, and squinted through the visor of my heavy silver helmet to examine the blade. It gleamed in the light, it‘s magical properties belying the cloudy sky, but it looked beaten and well used. Don’t know how much longer it’s going to last. The dents and chips are only highlighted by the magical blue tint, as is the dark bloodstain clearly visible along the edge and point.

I took a couple of steps forward. My steps felt light and comfortable ever since I got rid of that heavy set of Brushwood armour I found. Took it off a dead body I found at the foot of a ladder, the poor guy. The armour was tough, sure, but it was just so heavy. Might protect me from a couple of hits, but I’d prefer to be able to avoid them in the first place. A risky gamble.

I looked ahead, taking in the glorious, ruined sight of an ancient stone archway. More alarmingly, was the figure stood beneath it. Gripping a fearsome looking katana and exuding an intimidating red-black glow, I got the impression that he was here with malicious intent. Swallowing hard, I gripped the hilt of my sword and took another step forward, my knuckles turning white and my forehead growing moist. As if I had crossed some sort of invisible barrier, the figure began to run forward, katana brandished in an eerily silent charge. Bracing myself, I switch my Falchion to a double handed grip, knowing that if he managed to hit me then that was the end of my quest to be the saviour of Boletaria. Fifteen strides away… Fourteen… Thirteen…

He lashed out with the long, slightly curved blade, and I manage to sidestep just in time, his momentum carrying him forward. Spinning around, I slash him in the back with my sword, four, five, six times. Yet still, he turns around, an intense, inhuman glare boring in to me from beneath glowing red eyes. The man clearly was not human. Raising his arms in the air, I predict the overhead swipe that follows and sidestep once more, stabbing him in the back. I actually see the point of the falchion emerge from his stomach, before I kick him forward to remove the blade. Still, he rises.

Beginning to doubt whether this is a fight I can win, I keep on regardless, somehow maintaining this strategy of sidestepping and avoiding his blade. Gradually, he grows weaker, his movements slower, less aggressive. Eventually, he falls to his knees clearly weakened. I rush forward, and raise my sword for the final blow, but… Something doesn’t seem right.

The last thing I remember was hearing a strange grinding, crunching sound, looking over my shoulder and seeing a rolling hulk of bones, speeding in my direction. A rolling hunk of bones with glowing red eyes, and holding a huge sword.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re:Demon's Souls: Arriving at the Shrine of Storms

Postby Gosu360 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Should I farm on 4-2?
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby RenegadeMavrick » Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Hey, that was actually a good little read! Send me a digital copy of your novel when you\'re finished it and I promise to read it :P
RenegadeMavrick
Administrator
Administrator

Postby greasedupbadger » Mon May 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I really enjoyed reading this Mushy, captures the intensity very well.
greasedupbadger
Administrator
Administrator

Postby whiskey1bravo » Mon May 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Very nice!

I can picture it all quite perfectly Lol

5* !!
whiskey1bravo
Corporal 2
Corporal 2