Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Arnold Sideways » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Head North
User avatar
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 am

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 pm

You quickly realise that you would not be long for this world if you can't secure some 'safe' drinking water, in the Wasteland's twisted definition of the word. Evidently the most sensible decision is to head to the nearest known source of water and stock up. It's only about a day's walk, and as unforgiving as the desert sand is beneath your worn shoes you think you can make it, and set off North.

After travelling for about three hours you come to an abandoned campsite. The tent is ragged and of no use but there are still some personal artefacts within it. Their scattered nature could mean that the owner left in a hurry, you muse. You draw your pistol just to be safe and go through an open sack. You manage to locate a long, heavy duster, which should make the rest of the journey a little less painful. You also find a small tin container home to about 75 bottle caps, which you duly pocket. Your eyes light up as you uncover a first aid pack, from which you acquire a couple of stimpaks and a hit of Buffout. You've never taken the drug before but have learned of its effects. An advanced steroid, it will briefly increase your strength and reflexes by a significant amount, but is known to be more addictive than any of the other chems that are circulating the Wasteland, save for perhaps Jet. Finally, you see a 10mm SMG, but to your dismay it is rusted beyond use. You try and prize the magazine free from the weapon to make use of the ammunition, but you simply aren't strong enough and give up before long.

Bundling your spoils away into the deep pockets of the duster you now wear, you resume your journey. The rest of trip is as uneventful as it is tiring, and disappointingly you find no sign of your fellow townsfolk. Just by the time you start to become desperate for water you reach the source for which you were searching. Almost scarcely able to believe your eyes at the sheer size of the body of water. You rush over, aching legs forgotten, and pool some water in your hands. You take a large gulp but, seconds later, spit it out and start to splutter. The water had an unusually high amount of salt, it seems, and was not suitable for drinking. Devastated, you slump to the ground, cursing your decision to head North.

It takes a minute or so before you calm down and begin to think with clarity. Unless you were misinformed you remain sure that the main source of the drinking water you receive from the traders does come from the North, and this seems to be the only source around. You quickly conclude that there must be a method for desalination of the water to make it drinkable. You note that it is beginning to grow dark.

Search for purification equipment / Return south and head in a different direction / Make camp for the night
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Arnold Sideways » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Search for purification equipment
User avatar
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 am

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

With few other options you resume your trek around the area to try and find a way to make the water safe. You climb to high ground around the lake and almost collapse from the exertion, you just aren't built for this kind of thing. You take a few seconds to regain your composure, staring down at the deceptively clear looking water. You note some bubbling in different areas of the water... You can only suspect that it's a good thing you're on high ground. You walk a little while longer, reluctantly dragging your burning feet, and eventually you notice some lights in the distance. Now getting quite dark, the lights stand out clearly in the Wasteland. Wasting not a second more you head off in their direction, your motivation making you feel slightly renewed.

By the time you arrive there you're grateful for the lighting, the Wasteland has grown almost pitch black now. It was not an easy journey, the town at which you have arrived is surrounded by ruins, making for a perilous journey in the dark of night. You could have sworn you felt eyes on you as you traversed the ruins. The lit area looks like a notably small settlement albeit rather prosperous, much like your own. Presumably this town deals in water, perhaps the most vital commodity in this world, and the large structure that seems to be the centrepoint of the settlement is likely a water treatment facility, you gather. The entrance is before you but before you can start towards a voice shouts to you. You cannot see the source. "Stop! Stay right where you are!" The voice sounds nervous. Seconds later the large, heavy corrugated iron doors slowly open, creaking all the way, and a figure approaches you, obscured by the darkness. A floodlight turns on and highlights both him and you. He's a tall man, wearing a duster not unlike your own, and pointing a .45 revolver at you. A .223 hunting rifle is slung across his back. You see caution in his eyes, but no harshness.

"Welcome to Jericho, stranger. Who might you be?" he asks, his voice much more confident than the one you heard earlier. You tell him where you're from and why you're here. You don't outright ask for water but it's pretty obvious that you're in dire need of it. He lowers his weapon. "Sorry about the reception, we're expecting trouble in these parts. Name's O'Connor. I'm the sheriff out here". He motions with his hand and one of his deputies appears shortly after, holding a Brahmin skin flask. O'Connor takes it and hands it to you. "That one is on the house. But I suggest you move along, you don't look the sort to fancy a scrap, if ye'll pardon my saying".
You thank him for the flask and take a deep draught. As far as Wasteland water goes it's not bad at all, and deeply refreshing to such a parched mouth. Resealing the flask and slinging it across your shoulder, you look at the Sheriff with a smile on your face.

Explore / Leave / Inquire about expected trouble
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:45 am

Inquire about expected trouble.
User avatar
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 am

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby illMurderU » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:30 pm

just seen this thread and its great musashi !! remember those books so well , some needed dice lol.. anyhow gd luck with this hope you keep it up and i get to make some choices too lol :P
'love committing sins and my friends sell crack' -Nas
PSN illMurderU
'youths dont want no GCSEs they want COD on the PS3' -Lowkey
User avatar
illMurderU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:32 pm

illMurderU wrote:just seen this thread and its great musashi !! remember those books so well , some needed dice lol.. anyhow gd luck with this hope you keep it up and i get to make some choices too lol :P
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the feedback.
Sorry I haven't been prompt with the next part, been a bit busy lately, but will have it up soon.
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby illMurderU » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:49 pm

all in due time :)
'love committing sins and my friends sell crack' -Nas
PSN illMurderU
'youths dont want no GCSEs they want COD on the PS3' -Lowkey
User avatar
illMurderU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 pm

"You'd be right there, Sheriff O'Connor, but I'm not a man to turn a blind eye. What is it you're expecting?" The sheriff almost seemes reluctant to indulge but relents with a sigh, shaking his head. He motions for you to follow him and, when you do so, he leads you to the small building he classes as his precinct. You take a seat on a rickety wooden chair as he sits behind his makeshift desk. He clasps his hands together and leans towards you, clearly ready to tell a story. "I guess the legacy of this place is coming full circle again. This here town is Jericho, I told you that didn't I? Anyway, Jericho is all that is left of a place called New Canaan. Heard of it?" You shake your head in response and he nods. His eyes suddenly look a little more steely. "Well, back in the day, New Canaan was a pretty prosperous town. Founded by these Murrmons or Mor-muns, I forget what they called themselves exactly. Some sort of old religious order. Real decent folk but sadly, it didn't help 'em none.

So one day this bunch of refugees appear at the gates of this New Canaan. Fleeing the war between the NCR and the Brotherhood. Back in 2253, it was, don't know much about what happened here before then. I was one of those refugees, only a boy at the time. They let us in, tried to give us food and water. But these guys were pretty old fashioned, I guess you could say, and didn't take kindly to the boozin' and the Jet addictions and all the other little vices that came with the refugees. Not me mind, I was a good little boy. But these Murrmons fancied themselves as some sort of 'moral centre' for the Wastes and decided they had to regain control. Kicked all the refugees out, m'self included, so we sorta set up shop outside the city walls.

Course, some of the guys weren't too happy, but we made too. But more and more started to arrive. Nasty conflict, that it were. Anyway, tensions started to build, and some idiot started this rumour that those Murrmons were living like kings behind those gates. Finally, something snapped, and the guys just sorta went crazy. One night they battered down the doors and rushed in. That was the first time I saw the brutality of the wastes up close, these guys had gone crazy through desperation. The men and kids alike were slaughtered. Women too, but they were, eh... Used, first. Horrible. Blood and the smell of death everywhere... Bunch of us still had our sanity and wanted no part of the killing, so we barricaded ourselves in here, what we now call Jericho.

You know those ruins you tramped through to get here? Yeah, that's New Canaan, or rather what's left of it. They thought that slaughter and rape didn't make for a fun enough night so they turned to arson, to this day I don't know why. Got themselves trapped too and burned along with their city. Didn't spread beyond our barricades, so we were alright. Entire community destroyed overnight with just us left. But then I hear some of the guys on our gate didn't even let in those Murrmons who were screaming for help... Guess we weren't all that different to the others." He shook his head sadly and you sit in silence for a while, unsure of how to respond. The memory clearly still bothered him. "And the threat you're expecting? You said something about a full circle," you asked, though you had an idea what he meant.

"That's right. Just like those refugees who arrived all those years ago we have another group looking to get in on the community. Only these guys are a little more forceful and we won't have to wait for them to snap, probably not long before we have them battering down the gate. Call themselves the 215 Rail Line Powder Gangers. They're currently holding up in the ruins somewhere, be damned if I know where, sneaky bastards.Don't know much about them but two of them showed up several days ago, heavily armed and none too friendly. Said there's more of them. Gave us a week to clear out before they shot their way in, that was five days ago. Nobody wants to leave, we need the water here and we know of nowhere else to go. I don't think you want to be here when they get here. We just plan to hold out as long as we can with our small militia."

You sit in silence and ponder possible solutions, thinking carefully.

Meet with the militia and discuss a plan / Try and talk with the Powder Gangers / Try and convince O'Connor to get everyone out of town / Leave
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Fallout: Choose your own Adventure

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Pending no posts I'll make the next choice this evening.
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

PreviousNext

Return to The Writers' Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron