Currently playing.

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Re: Currently playing.

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:49 pm

I'm playing Rage 2 at the moment, a bit of run of the mill, post apocalypse setting. Mutants and gangs haven taken over a wasteland and the player character having some unlockable abilities due to narrative reasons. And of course, there's a killer robot / synth army ready to take over the world but they give the player plenty of time to level up and build up their arsenal so they can fight back.

It's a fun little game that gives the player plenty of toys to play with and is clearly inspired by Mad Max with the ability to go after convoys and try to take down some suped up mega vehicles. I enjoy the decent variety of missions the game provides. The world building could definitely be better with no sign of any wildlife and npcs often looking a little lost, but plenty of fun to be had here.
Lieutenant Fatman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:37 pm

I never got into Rage for whatever reason, I liked the overall look of it but just never ended up getting either game. Something about there being too much driving, if I remember? Real shame that the world is a bit bland though, definitely a missed opportunity.

On the subject of wastelands, I picked up Wasteland 3 today. Really looking forward to trying it. Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, which I really enjoyed. Got a little tired of the open world aspect, but it had pretty satisfying gameplay, and was beautiful from start to finish. The storyline was really great, too.

I'm playing a bit of Ion Fury in between. It's a fun game, but it feels just a little too long, and you unlock all of the weapons way too soon. Needs more enemy variety and weapon progression.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:29 am

I’ve been playing Iconoclasts on my PS Vita during lunch breaks, so far so great, intriguing story. On PS4, I finished the main story for Celeste, really fun little challenge with some fun characters.

Also finished my first scenario on Frostpunk, which is brutal but provides you with that small glimmer of hope that you might just survive. Now I’m playing the Blood Angel’s campaign on Space Hulk Tactics, lovely turn based fun.

I finished Death Stranding the other day as well, must say I thought it was brilliant. I did consider going for the plat but the game had such a perfect ending, I felt the experience was best enjoyed left where it was.
Lieutenant Fatman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Iconoclasts does look pretty fun, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot at some point. Found out I apparently owned Frostpunk on Steam, no memory of buying it, so I might tinker with it sometime soon.

I'm currently beating my head against Devil May Cry V. It's going to be a real tough plat, I think I mentioned it in here before. Dante Must Die mode turns all the enemies into HP sponges which I really hate.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Games