Elite Dangerous

Re: Elite Dangerous

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

I can't help but feel that the player ranks are in the wrong order. Either that, or the game should be called Elite Deadly.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 am

They should have just called it Elite IV although Elite Dangerous perhaps has more appeal to those that never played the original games.

I can't wait to see what happens when the Thargoids make a full return.

Also I remember posting a thread on hear awhile ago (see link below) about hoping Elite would make it the consoles. Can't believe that was way back in June 2009 tho!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7957
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Yowsers, 8 years! Better late than never, I'm so glad they made it happen. I'm trying to decide what ship to get next, so many choices.
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 am

I traded my Viper in for a Vulture today and also reached the Expert Rank.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Excellent, nice work! Would be interested to see some videos of how you get on with the Vulture in combat. I've decided I'm going to work toward getting a Federal Assault Ship as my combat ship. Need to get nice and cozy with the Federation first of course. Will start once the current community goals finish.
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:44 pm

You know i spent so long away from the PS4 I completely forgot that you can easily video game play these days.

I will deffo have to remember to save some dog fighting clips in the Vulture as I work my way up the ranks and hoard some cash for my next ship.
I am also thinking to join one of the power plays this week with the guy that gives a 20% bonus to every bounty.
Have to be careful tho as my rebut insurance on the Vulture is over a million CRs at the mo and that will go up when I install the military Bulk Heads tonight.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am

I just joined a power myself, figured I might as well join up with the federation while I'm working towards unlocking the federation assault ship. Not sure how power play works yet though, seems a bit complicated. I see each faction has some benefits, but it comes with extra risks if playing in open play as players of different factions get bonus points for destroying you.
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:55 pm

I joined Zachary Hudson as I have been mainly bounty hunting in his area so don't have to move away and his Rank 2 gives a 20% bonus on all bounties.

My Basic understanding of Power play is that you need to Put in a hell of a lot of grinding work every week to reach and stay at Rank 5 where the big money bonuses are but Rank 2 is easy and some like the 20% bounty bonus, discounts or rep buffs are worth doing as it's little effort to stay Rank 2.
Rank 3 offers a unique item like a weapon or shield etc but they just have an odd bonus and are actually less powerful than a lot of other things you can just buy.

It will most likely be a pain in Open Play but in Private and Solo you will most likely just get a few extra interdictions.

My plan with the Vulture which now is fully loaded with a Military Grade Hull leaving me with just a couple of mil of credits is to now spam the bounty hunting to earn myself about 100mil to buy and fully
kit out a Python and Store the Vulture for later as I want to try and Engineer it.
By that time I will most likely be at the Dangerous or Deadly Rank at which point I will then use the Python to start doing long range missions and Trading to Rank up my Trade and Explorer ranks.

Not sure what Ship I will go to after the Python but will most likely try out an Asp Explorer to head to Sagittarius A at some point plus also will want to Rank up in the Federation along the way too.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Sagittarius A will be a long journey!
I've started ranking up with the Federation today, it's quite a grind. Looks like unlocking the FAS will be tougher than I thought.

Edit:

Think I might go for the dropship instead. Unlocks at an earlier rank and looks like fun. Will hopefully have it for the next community goals.
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Yes it will, I plan to do all the other stuff first to have a selection of upgraded ships then Start to think about going on a long voyage of the Galaxy. I have a Brother and a mate who have just picked up the game and who's time is very limited so they will only likely stay around the Bubble for shits n giggles so I don't want to disappear for weeks on end and not be able to hook up with them.
Tho if it gets to the point where I can't resist any longer then I will probably start a second Commander just for the purpose of hooking up with them.

BTW tonight is the last chance to earn enough merit points in weeks Power Play to go up a Rank as the reset is always on a Thursday.
I earned my 100 merit points last night so am now ready for Rank 2 which will give me the Bounty
bonuses.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Elite Dangerous