CoD: WWII

CoD: WWII

Postby Jimbob1337 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Just thought I'd start the discussion now that WW2 has launched, but has anyone got the game or thinking about getting it? I'm on the fence about it all, and given I'm now bored of the grind of D2 I'm looking for a new MP to play.

Would also probably be a good idea to find other PGz players to play with if we do end up getting it.

Anyway, what do people think so far? I didn't play the beta, but the newest Divisions video looks like they really thought about how they want their game to pan out.

Definitely considering buying it this week if others do, otherwise I will put it on the Xmas wishlist.
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: CoD: WWII

Postby dahawk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 am

i've been calling this "The Force Awakens" of Call of Duty. They seem to have hit every point of the old games up until CoD4 in an effort to start a renaissance for the series. However, if you've played the series long enough you can call it out for being the same crap but with better visuals. (Much like TFA is a rehash of A New Hope) It's a decent looking game, i'll give them that. But it really goes to show how much the franchise has degraded to finish games each year. Let's go with an example:
Call of Duty 2: The Big Red 1. This game had MORE content - storywise and multiplayer wise, and it was two console generations ago!

this game took you through the entire Western theater during the USA's involvement - North Africa, Italy, France (including D-Day) and Germany. CoD WW2 follows the same division, but only starts at D-Day. The Big Red One didn't waste time on cinematics, telling the story through narrations and clips before missions.
That's my 2 cents. I'm not going to rate the multiplayer because I havent played it.
dahawk

Postby dazzafett » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm

I have to say that overall i am enjoying COD WWII

Yes it has it fair share of issues and is a long way short of being perfect but i am genuinly surprised to find myself actually enjoying COD again.

The HQ social space is a little bit Meh but then it has not been working properly for the majority of the time since release and has not had the timed Air raid events enabled in it yet
so will be good to see what they add. I also quite like the 1v1 mode where its winner stays on in a first to 3 kills mode with a randomly generated weapon combo.
The whole Loot Crate thing is a bit of a contentious issue at the moment but so long as it stays purely cosmetic then i dont have a major issue with it and will only object if
they start adding things that give an unfair advantage in the normal game play. I earn enough crated through normal play and by completing orders to never feel the need to actually purchase additional ones for real money and even tho i can afford it i wouldnt buy additional ones on principal anyway.

l like the Divisions concept and have now fullly Prestiged 2 of the 5 divisions already and i am only at Soldier Prestige 3 Rank 20+ so they are fairly quick to work through.
I like the WWII era of Weapons so am enjoying using them all again after the 9 years its been since W@W (how time flies)

I am also liking the new multi objective WAR mode. This Mode does not track Deaths in any way and so has no negative impact to the KDR stat so the majority of people do seem to actually try and
play the objective rather than sit back worrying about trying to protect their KDR. Of course the odd person still does and i assume because they are not aware of this but in time hopefully everyone will realise. It makes for some interesting games to have everyone working towards the objectives for a change compared to other multiplayer modes were KDR protecting cowards add nothing towards trying to win the game.

Overall i can see myself playing this for awhile to come and certainly until i reach Master Prestige 10 which at my current Rate of Ranking i should reach in the next couple of months if not sooner if they have a few more DXP events. I like all the Maps although some only for certain game modes but it does seem like the cycle around quick so i hope the first DLC drop is not too far off.
I have always been a fan of trying to complete all the Challenges and outside of a couple that seem Bugged at the moment (which i hope they will eventually get around to fixing) they do all seem doable for a seasoned player that sets out to acheive them.
Of course the game is always going to have its issues but what game doesn't in the day and age of rushing things out and fix them as they go but i cant that changing.

When it comes to the Campaign i enjoyed playing it and it has a bit of a Band of Brothers feel about it with some of the missions and locations but for me it was not quite challenging enough even on Veteran mode which i completed with little effort really. So long as you use a bit of caution and are mindful of picking up and using Health Packs (reintroduced insted of the heal over time method) at the right times then noone should have much problem with Veteran mode.

Zombies Mode looks OK if you like that sort of thing and my one and only game so far saw me reach Wave 18 with 3 randoms without knowing what i am doing. Not sure i will play much of it as although i loved the original W@W Zombies i have always struggled to find people i know to play the mode with and unlike MP where i am happy to play on my own i find for me to enjoy Zombies i need to be playing with a Team of friends for a bit of a laugh as the experience with Randoms is just too frustrating.

I didnt think i would ever say this again and i surprise myself in doing so but overall i have to say i actually recommend the game and i am curerently enjoying it a lot.
Like i said at the start its not perfect but in my opinion It is better than COD has been for some time now.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 am

Nice review dazz. I'll try and find some time to get back into this. I skipped a couple of CoDs lately, but actually looked forward to this one. I'll be buying it and should I find some time, actually playing it.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Call of Duty General