Windows 10 & Media Player

Re: Windows 10 & Media Player

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 am

jloco11 wrote:
benjiman0 wrote:Just out of curiosity, is your PC a Sony VAIO laptop by any chance? I've heard of this problem on VAIO's before (I previously owned one, greatest Windows PC ever).

Yep, that's exactly what I have. It's one of these 2 in 1 joints that is a tablet/laptop at the same time.

All the other products were more tablet than laptop (how the fuck do you not have a USB drive?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). This one was more laptop with tablet features that had everything you expect in a laptop. So I got this one.

Ahhh fucking knew it, I've seen the same problem elsewhere,
What you need to do is go into your VAIO Control Center and turn off 'X-reality', that's what usually clashes with Windows Media Player,
However should that not work
Go to Device Manager --> Intel HD Graphics Family --> Properties --> Driver --> Roll Back then go to this link to stop the driver from updating temporarily until Sony, Intel and Microsoft make a fix for it!
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby jloco11 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:01 pm

benjiman0 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:
benjiman0 wrote:Just out of curiosity, is your PC a Sony VAIO laptop by any chance? I've heard of this problem on VAIO's before (I previously owned one, greatest Windows PC ever).

Yep, that's exactly what I have. It's one of these 2 in 1 joints that is a tablet/laptop at the same time.

All the other products were more tablet than laptop (how the fuck do you not have a USB drive?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). This one was more laptop with tablet features that had everything you expect in a laptop. So I got this one.

Ahhh fucking knew it, I've seen the same problem elsewhere,
What you need to do is go into your VAIO Control Center and turn off 'X-reality', that's what usually clashes with Windows Media Player,
However should that not work
Go to Device Manager --> Intel HD Graphics Family --> Properties --> Driver --> Roll Back then go to this link to stop the driver from updating temporarily until Sony, Intel and Microsoft make a fix for it!

I'll try that over the weekend when I have time to work on this crap. That fucking update alone took like 2 hours.
jloco11

Postby benjiman0 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:28 pm

jloco11 wrote:I'll try that over the weekend when I have time to work on this crap. That fucking update alone took like 2 hours.

Two hours you'll never get back...
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby jloco11 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Never did it this weekend... didn't have the time. I was running errands most of the weekend, and when I wasn't, I was online or using the fucking thing.
jloco11

Postby Infernothefox » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 pm

jloco11 wrote:I don't come here for tech help unless something is pissing me off and I can't find an answer.

I did the free Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, and noticed that every video that I open... in any progam, Windows Media Player, Quicktime etc... will be blurry on the right side of the video. And I can't find anything in the internet as to why that's happening.

The videos themselves are not blurry, they're perfectly fine. Videos that I render or watch in Sony Vegas as I am rendering are perfectly fine. It's strictly an issue with Windows Media Player and Quicktime, but probably more so the issue is Windows 10.

Has anyone seen this, heard of this, or smarter than me to find the answers on Google? I searched for like 45 minutes last night and didn't find a single answer to the issue. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling WMP, but since it was happening on Quicktime also, I don't think it was an issue with the programs.

Have you taken the "Jeremy Clarkson" approach and use a fucking hammer on it?
Infernothefox
Private
Private

Postby jloco11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Infernothefox wrote:
jloco11 wrote:I don't come here for tech help unless something is pissing me off and I can't find an answer.

I did the free Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, and noticed that every video that I open... in any progam, Windows Media Player, Quicktime etc... will be blurry on the right side of the video. And I can't find anything in the internet as to why that's happening.

The videos themselves are not blurry, they're perfectly fine. Videos that I render or watch in Sony Vegas as I am rendering are perfectly fine. It's strictly an issue with Windows Media Player and Quicktime, but probably more so the issue is Windows 10.

Has anyone seen this, heard of this, or smarter than me to find the answers on Google? I searched for like 45 minutes last night and didn't find a single answer to the issue. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling WMP, but since it was happening on Quicktime also, I don't think it was an issue with the programs.

Oddly, I still haven't done this yet. I haven't had a truly free weekend to get all this shit working again.
jloco11

Postby benjiman0 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:47 am

jloco11 wrote:
Infernothefox wrote:

Oddly, I still haven't done this yet. I haven't had a truly free weekend to get all this shit working again.

Guarantee won't be anytime soon, unless TTK absolutely annoys the shit out of you :lol:
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Previous

Return to Tech Support