Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare FAQ

Need help with a game, a level or want to share your tips?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare FAQ

Postby thebigb59 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare FAQ by thebigb59

Who Hosts the Servers for COD4 PS3?
A third part server provider called Demonware host the server for the ps3, they are based in Dublin, Ireland and California, USA

What type of servers are they?
Peer-2-Peer

Know Issues: -

Error 33 – Unable to connect to Activision Matchmaking Server, as it stands IW are currently looking into the issues, they believe is it caused by the time it takes the ISP to connect to the matchmaking server. For more information, please click this link

Downloading Game Settings – This was initially caused when the servers went down for long periods of time, however it seems to carry over. The cause is unknown as there is not official word from Infinityward however on the forum people have some fixes. Not known if any of them work

Lag/Hit Detection – A big one that is a gripe for most of the forum, this is caused by the ping connection to the server. In a way its your modems comms to the server provided by Demonware. There is no cure for this problem this is just a issue that affects some of us or none of us. The Feature Patch will be address the Lag, Hit Detection issue, word from IW is it will be removed.

Colour Names/Odd Clans Tag – This is a glitch/bug in the system, I will not go into details of how to do it. The Feature Patch again will be removing this from the game

Sniper/ACOG Scope Issue – This is a bug that cause your lined up shot to miss, this is being address in the feature patch.

If there are any issues not covered here or you have any fixes please contact me via im on here or in the topic

What is a patch?
A patch is a programme that is added to a computer game or software to fix issues and flaws in them.

What is in the Feature Patch?
Improved Connectivty
Hit Decition Corrected
Removal of Colour Name and symbol name tags

Will there be Rumble?
As it stands IW will not be supporting Dual Shock 3 in Call of Duty 4

What are the online sides, can I choose them?
The armies online are United States Marine Crops (Force Recon), SAS (Special Air Services 22nd Regiment), OpFor a sort of Russian/Arab force and Spetsnaz (Russian Special Forces). No you cannot choose which side you want to be the server places you into teams and you are random given a side.

What are the kill streaks?
The kill streak awards you bonus at certain points: -

3 Kills – UAV (Un-Manned Aerial Vehicle). Gives you view of the whole map on hardcore and shows you locations for 30 seconds.

5 Kills – Air Strike, Three Fighter Bombers attack from a random direction. The planes that come there is much debate on what they are, on closer inspection they are very similar to MiG-29 and the SU-27, it is widely be agreed that they are not American Air Force Fighters/ Fighter Bombers. If an statement from IW can confirm what they are, it would be most welcome.

7 kills - Helicopter Support , for a period unless its shot down you are provided with an attack chopper that strafes the ground. SAS/USMC is awarded support from the AH-1W SuperCobra Attack Helicopter. Spetsnaz/OpFor are given support from the Mi-24D “Hind-Dâ€
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare FAQ

Postby dahawk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

epic faq.

did you copy and paste your thread from the IWFs?

good thread either way.
dahawk

Postby jessica101 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 am

Wow B, that\'s awsome, nice one.

Hawk, careful Stu (Saint) doesn\'t see your sig, he\'ll get jealous :lol:
jessica101
Major 2
Major 2

Postby thebigb59 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:49 am

[quote="daHawk":3phln6xa]epic faq.

did you copy and paste your thread from the IWFs?

good thread either way.[/quote]
yes i did
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:49 am

Very good. by the way, I assume for lack of lag you need a low ping time?
Mine is apparently about 70 and I get lag somewhat often.
Damn you, BT.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thetruemarine » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Nice post Big.
thetruemarine
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Return to Guides and FAQs