The Hardcore Mode Survival Guide

Need help with a game, a level or want to share your tips?

Re: The Hardcore Mode Survival Guide

Postby haydnexport » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:06 pm

LOl, not changed then axe!!
http://haydnexport.mybrute.com
haydnexport
Colonel 2
Colonel 2

Postby jussstin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Chill out kid :)

You are going to have to agree to disagree, you aren\'t even opening up to what I\'m saying. Hell, even martyrdom is effective in HC... the grenades you drop aren\'t duds are they?

My couple of matches is actually around 18 thousand.
jussstin
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Postby dazzafett » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:39 pm

[quote="Axikal":1gwggcfp][quote="DazzaFett":1gwggcfp]Were you! lol
Oh well each to there own i guess. I personally would rather see more things added than anything taken away. Tanks should have been kept in HC IMO as i prefer playing HC but also do enjoy a good Tank Bustig seesion however their Armour should have been reduced as is the health for players for balance.[/quote]

Tanks are absolutely unnecessary in HC mode. The purpose is supposed to be making a mode that\'s more challenging. I once had a thread up on the HQ forums about how I jumped into a tank for the second time in about 4 months of owning the game, and immediately landing a 15 kill streak. Tanks are overpowered. I prefer the mode without them, because I can focus on my actual skills. Rather than worry about some munchkined n00b running about like a tit in his armoured fortress of ineptitude.

Then again, I did end up becoming pretty crafty with my Satchels. Ask kr1s about the time I threw a SC; he shot it with his tank; and I planted another within the smoke and blew his ass up.[/quote]

You see blowing up Tanks can be very good fun and all the Tank Maps have plenty of space to use your Gun Skills without being exposed to them. If you go running across an open space in view of a tank whatever the mode you deserve to be blown up and you can use the cover to attack them from behind and blow them up as well as rack up the usual gun kills.
The biggest problem with Tanks is the stupid people that offer themselves up as easy kills for them but if you know what your doing then they cant touch you and you can embarrass them by blowing them up. I cant remember the last time i was killed by a tank.

Still its a great HC guide. Good Job
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Axikal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 pm

[quote="Jussstin":3n61ng0s]Chill out kid :)

You are going to have to agree to disagree, you aren\'t even opening up to what I\'m saying.  Hell, even martyrdom is effective in HC... the grenades you drop aren\'t duds are they?

My couple of matches is actually around 18 thousand.[/quote]
It\'s not a matter of "agreeing to disagree". You came in here throwing about fallacious claims; and even in the face of FACT, you still tout them. I hate to break it to you; but you\'re wrong. As I\'ve said: The PPSh is the only weapon that may benefit from Stopping Power, and even then the gun\'s ROF more than compensates for it\'s bad base damage.

What\'s worse is you attack my credibility, and yet you\'re the least credible person in this discussion. If you\'re going to make a claim, back it up. Don\'t proclaim something as fact (versus opinion) and not be able to factually back it up. You can argue from your personal viewpoint all you like; but opinion does not equal fact. Fact equals fact. And DenKirson pulled all of those stats straight out of the game itself; and every stat has been confirmed from Treyarch. So it\'s quite baffling that you still stick by your claims; despite them being refuted.

And I highly doubt a "couple of matches is actually around 18 thousand" is true. Guess what? I\'ve played 20 thousand. Lawlschwitz. No, seriously. The facts are there. If you can\'t provide valid proof of your claims, your argument is invalid. Oh, and complimenting me after challenging my credibility? Sorry, that\'s not how it works. That\'s the equivalent to "No offense intended". I don\'t mind an opposing opinion; or someone with constructive criticism--but when you start attacking me personally (my credibility is part of me; regardless of your opinion on the subject) I\'m not going to pay you much heed.
Use your head next time; and think carefully before commenting.

Now, if you\'re quite done?

[quote="DazzaFett":3n61ng0s]You see blowing up Tanks can be very good fun and all the Tank Maps have plenty of space to use your Gun Skills without being exposed to them. If you go running across an open space in view of a tank whatever the mode you deserve to be blown up and you can use the cover to attack them from behind and blow them up as well as rack up the usual gun kills.
The biggest problem with Tanks is the stupid people that offer themselves up as easy kills for them but if you know what your doing then they cant touch you and you can embarrass them by blowing them up. I cant remember the last time i was killed by a tank.

Still its a great HC guide. Good Job[/quote]
Thank you again for the compliment! I tried really hard to make it as comprehensive as possible. Unfortunately, I don\'t think it\'s in-depth enough; and most of the wording is pretty amateur. I\'ll be doing re-writes of the chapters soon.

Honestly, I\'ve found that more often than not: tanks become overwhelming and really just create a deteriorating environment in most of the game modes. While I didn\'t mind them in TDM, they became insufferable in Domination, War, and Capture The Flag. More emphasis was on getting the tanks than learning any actual skill in the game. Again, tanks are EASY to utilise; but wielding the Type-99/Arisaka properly? That takes skill.

Though this is mostly just preferential. I think I can agree to disagree here :wink:

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby jussstin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm

[quote="Axikal":1hys467d]
Secondly, your health is minimal. This means that bullets will kill you faster, Juggernaut will barely save you anymore, and Stopping Power becomes the most useless perk since Shades/Gas Mask.

...Stopping Power is COMPLETELY useless now.[/quote]

...Stopping Power is rendered practically useless unless you plan on using the PPSh.[/quote]

...The PPSh is the only weapon that may benefit from Stopping Power.
[/quote]

It looks like you agree now that stopping power is not completely useless. /argument.
jussstin
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Postby Axikal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 am

[quote="Jussstin":vesrm8hw][quote="Axikal":vesrm8hw]
Secondly, your health is minimal. This means that bullets will kill you faster, Juggernaut will barely save you anymore, and Stopping Power becomes the most useless perk since Shades/Gas Mask.

...Stopping Power is COMPLETELY useless now.[/quote]

[quote="Axikal":vesrm8hw]
...Stopping Power is rendered practically useless unless you plan on using the PPSh.[/quote]

[quote="Axikal":vesrm8hw]
...The PPSh is the only weapon that may benefit from Stopping Power.
[/quote]

It looks like you agree now that stopping power is not completely useless.  /argument.[/quote]

Amusing that you misquote by leaving out the addendum:
The PPSh is the only weapon that may benefit from Stopping Power, and even then the gun\'s ROF more than compensates for it\'s bad base damage.

Sorry, but SP is still useless. :wink:

Nice try though. Further destroying your credibility with each post.

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

[quote="Axikal":10r50ktf][Thank you again for the compliment! I tried really hard to make it as comprehensive as possible. Unfortunately, I don\'t think it\'s in-depth enough; and most of the wording is pretty amateur. I\'ll be doing re-writes of the chapters soon.

Honestly, I\'ve found that more often than not: tanks become overwhelming and really just create a deteriorating environment in most of the game modes. While I didn\'t mind them in TDM, they became insufferable in Domination, War, and Capture The Flag. More emphasis was on getting the tanks than learning any actual skill in the game. Again, tanks are EASY to utilise; but wielding the Type-99/Arisaka properly? That takes skill.

Though this is mostly just preferential. I think I can agree to disagree here :wink: [/quote]

I must admit i do agree with you that Tanks should be restricted to certain Game types like TDM and FFA as they really have no place in the Objective based games IMO.
My point was actually sort of assuming HC TDM and i would not have a problem with tanks being there but other enjoyable Objective based games like CTF and HQ do not have a HC mode anyway.
However i would love to see HC varients of these and if they were added then tanks should be left out.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby youth gone wild » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Excellent job on this guide. Karma given and can\'t wait to see what you have in the future.
youth gone wild
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Gosu360 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 pm

A truly outstanding guide Axical.
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby junkyjunker » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 pm

great guide, when i play HC i usually use weapon classes and perks i\'m most familiar with as i like to play core CTF and other mission based games...

i think i use camo on every class for HC...
junkyjunker
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Guides and FAQs