Community Goals

Re: Community Goals

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Third and final phase, each successful cg means a new starport which is nice. Palladium is more lucrative than the last two trade cgs were. But hopefully they mix it up for next week's community goals and give us something a bit different.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 am

I am away for the weekend in Paris (left yesterday) so no gaming for me for a few days and this CG will be over by the time I get back.
Over the last few years a number of CGs have resulted in new Bases being created.

In fact if you read some of the old posts on the official or the sub Reddit forums you will see that Colonia was set up after a series of successful CGs.
Be good for perhaps a bit more variety but at least these easy ones usually result in them reaching the 8th tier giving better payouts for all that took part.

Going forward it would be good for some variety every now and then tho.
Perhaps when the Thargoids return they will put in some new types based around that.
Passenger Missions perhaps to evacuate people away from the invasion area.
Or perhaps Salvage/Search and Rescue type CGs to mop up in the aftermath.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Passenger missions are part of the Horizons expansion so unlikely they will use that for a community goal. But would be great fun if the did. Emergency evacuations from stations or planets would awesome.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:08 am

Looks like Palladium stock is already starting to decrease in Chamuluma. Will have to look elsewhere tomorrow. Think I'll go back to Hou Mayo like I was using last time.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm back from my weekend away and to my surprise both the community goals are still active so I just bought myself an Anaconda and fitted it to maximise Jump Range and Cargo Capacity so am able to do runs of 452t of Palladium for a 2m Cr profit.
Will see if I can get into the top 50% before it finishes.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 pm

Wow, I didn't realise 'condas could haul that much, very nice. Getting to the top 50% with that should be pretty easy. Is that with shields equipped?
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes I put 4A shields on but also loaded up with Shield Booster on the utility's with a couple of point defence at the back just in case. Doing that gives me 965 shields which is enough protection and have not lost them completely yet even tho I have been interdicted a fair few times. I always submit then boost away and engage the FSD, even if they start shooting right away the shields still remain intact.

I also am running everything except the FSD as a D grade to make it as light as possible and also downgraded the Power plant to a 7 as I didn't need any more power than that.

Below is a link to the build I am using although I have also Engineered the FSD Range to Grade 5 which gives a boost of 44.9% to the optimised mass and also Reinforced Shields to Grade 3 which got a 24.2% buff to Optimal Strength and a bonus 10.6% buff to the Optimal Hull Mass as well but I did not enter any ofthe engineered details on the below link.
The engineering gives me a Jump Range of 45.8LY empty and 27.37LY fully laden.

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=A060,,CzY ... 20072003w0
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

Interesting to know, thanks! Had a look into it and it turns out most would agree the Anaconda is a better trader ship than the type 9 heavy. Quite funny considering the latter is meant to be the best dedicated trade ship in the game. Looks like I'll be getting an Anaconda soon! Will probably part exchange my type 9 towards it.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Interesting to know, thanks! Had a look into it and it turns out most would agree the Anaconda is a better trader ship than the type 9 heavy. Quite funny considering the latter is meant to be the best dedicated trade ship in the game. Looks like I'll be getting an Anaconda soon! Will probably part exchange my type 9 towards it.
Trade ships are pretty shit in this game, frankly. They just don't do their one single job well enough compared to the more versatile ships, which is ridiculous.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Devs said they would look to fix that, but... when is anyone's guess. Eventually I think they'll add more cargo capacity to the trade ships. One would hope in this upcoming update.

On second thought though, the Anaconda is a seriously expensive beast if you want to properly upgrade it. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks before leaping into buying it and see what my circumstances are. I am very tempted to get one though.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Elite Dangerous