Community Goals

Re: Community Goals

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Goals have finished now, I managed to place top 50 with a contribution of about 3.5m, which isn't bad considering I haven't been able to play much.

Sadly, but understandably, the other one ended at the same time. Shame, was hoping to get in on that.

A little annoyed that the system state is still in civil war though. The CG had no effect, which is so dumb.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:46 am

I managed top 75% for the Feds as I only did a small amount for them but it still got me a few mil.
My main concentration was for the Rebels tho and got top 25% on that bit as they cut it at the same time it only paid out a little amount comparatively.
Had it not been for the Massacre missions they were offering it would not have been a very productive CG for me but taking advantage of them netted me a profit of just over 110m Cr which was very lucrative.

Yes it does seem very strange that the Civil War was still going after, you would have thought it would have ended with the Feds taking control. I could of carried on doing more Massacre missions but I felt the need for some change so I started working on some Engineers stuff.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 pm

New community goals are live!

System: Kaushpoos
Station: Neville Horizons (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 8 Ls from main star, 102.95 Ly from Sol)
Objectives: Hand in Bounty Vouchers / Deliver Unknown Ship Signatures, Unknown Organic Circuitry and Unknown Technology Components

High res zone nearest the station is good if a little awkward to navigate back and forth to with the star being in the way. There are haz res zones that are slightly easier to navigate to I think at planets 3 and 4, but of course, no Alliance security to help you out, so probably best to try that when you have some back up from wing mates.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 am

OK so i was confussed about where to get all these Unkown Items so as always a quick Internet Search pointed me in the direction of this Reddit thread which explains it all quite easily.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteCG/commen ... nitiative/

I wasnt going to bother much with the CG this week but having not yet investigated or seen any of the Thargoid sites it might be interesting to pay a quick visit and at least snag a few materials and get on the first rung of the CG ladder.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Having taken part in the research cg now, I would suggest it's not particularly lucrative for the time you need to invest. It's certainly an interesting thing to see though if you're at all curious about these aliens.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Having taken part in the research cg now, I would suggest it's not particularly lucrative for the time you need to invest. It's certainly an interesting thing to see though if you're at all curious about these aliens.
I think I might head back if I drop into the 75% range but otherwise, I'm quite content to finish there I think. Bit of a pain overall, and my exploration data didn't make me much either. Sure was interesting to see though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:05 pm

How much time invested and how many materials did you collect?
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:24 pm

I didn't bother to hang about, so only collected 36 units worth. You can do it in under an hour if you know what you're doing, if not, maybe be prepared for it to take 2. Navigating to the right place is a bit of a challenge. It's not like a base where it's already on the nav panel.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby LivingSky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 pm

So everybody is loving this game for what I can see. Can some one give me the 101 of what this game is about? I saw the trailer on PSN but it have me very little.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm

LivingSky wrote:So everybody is loving this game for what I can see. Can some one give me the 101 of what this game is about? I saw the trailer on PSN but it have me very little.

I will try to help you, but it's not the easiest game to explain. The game take place in our galaxy, the Milky Way. Which is absolutely huge, far too big for one person to explore, even with the faster than light travel the game allows us. It's very much a space simulator.

But you have a lot of choices in what you can do and what sort of ship/s you can use. You can be a pirate, a mercenary, an explorer, a taxi driver, a bounty hunter, a scavenger, a trader, a black market trader, you can get into asteroid mining, etc etc. You can even join the fuel rats who help players who have broken down by running out of fuel. And you can engineer your ship to make it unique to your play style.

It's fun to team up and work together for bounty hunting and general combat. Every Thursday they put out community goals that usually last a few days and we try to team up to help each other out if we can. There's also a separate cqc mode with deathmatch, TDM and capture the flag modes.
Well worth trying but a bit of a harsh learning curve on entry so keep that mind. An often repeated line is, it's called Elite Dangerous, not Easy Dangerous. But if you have the patience, it's well worth it.

There's open play where you can bump into randoms, there's solo play so no worries of bumping into trolls there but it's still the same shared universe. And private mode, which is similar to solo but friends can join the session so you can meet up just with them. You can jump between modes whenever and your progress is shared between modes.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Elite Dangerous