Community Goals

Re: Community Goals

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Good tips, thanks guys, I've just stuck with the Federation side so far, not so keen to get on the wrong side of them at the moment. Bought a Fed Dropship just for this, everything at the community goal space station is discounted, so it's well worth having a look at what they have. Currently in the top 10% with about 5.5 mil contributed, but I've pretty much been in a wing for all of it up to this point. Did a bit of engineering on the new ship to try and give myself an edge but only so much I can manage at short notice, the jump range on the ship even with a maxed out fsd is really poor. Here's a tip, when you've destroyed some of the ships in a cz and not much is happening, consider checking out the wreckage they leave behind, there is likely to be some rare parts to scoop up in your cargo scoop that will likely come in handy down the line when you consider some engineering.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes I noticed the Material types were ones I had not collected before.
I did get some when I got into a fight against a Vulture that fled when I took down his shield he was just on the edge of my damage zone and I was only just keeping up with him so took awhile to whittle down his hull and by the time I killed him we were a little way away from the main battle which gave me time to pick up the materials.

I have not engineered anything yet but have been collecting stuff as I go in readiness.
As my main Ship is now a Python I am thinking to engineer the FSD first then look at the weapons.

Mark as I am in a Python I found that in the middle I was being targeted by a number of enemies at the same time, with such a high Rebuy cost I didn't want to take any chances somplaued safe as I can easily handle one v ones around the edges.
Tonight I might jump back in my Vulture and try that for a comparison. Being faster and more agile I may fair better in the middle with that.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 pm

dazzafett wrote:Mark as I am in a Python I found that in the middle I was being targeted by a number of enemies at the same time, with such a high Rebuy cost I didn't want to take any chances somplaued safe as I can easily handle one v ones around the edges.
Tonight I might jump back in my Vulture and try that for a comparison. Being faster and more agile I may fair better in the middle with that.
Hmm, I suspect that perhaps being in a Python your experience would differ somewhat to mine,it usually sticks out as a high priority target. But I know that I personally would consider a target at the edge of the fray an easier target.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:17 am

I found I was successful by just chilling in the middle of the cz scanning for 2 or 3 minutes. Then when a nice juicy target is taking a lot of damage next to me, ideally under 50% hull, I pledge to the faction I want and finish the target off. Then I look to see who else is taking heavy damage.

Obvious enough but pledging too early seems to increase the risk and damage quite a bit in my experience. I managed 750k solo in one sitting yesterday evening, and left with 91% hull. Two of my kills were Federal Corvettes, they always go for just over 100k each.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:04 am

I am going to try that then.
Have been doing a lot of the massacre missions for the Camorra faction so tend to just pledge as soon as I arrive and very soon get targeted by multiple enemies at the same time.
Lost a Python last night and with the rebuy being over 5m Cr and at the time me only having 15m in the back that hurt a lot. Really need to wait until I can afford much more high level upgrades to the Hull and and Shields on the Python before taking it in to combat and keep it for the Trading, delivery Community Goals and Engineer collection stuff for now.

So anyway I swapped to my Vulture which can last much longer in the zone before being targeted.
One time tho I racked up a fair few kills so expect I had quite a decent amount of Combat Bonds then as I was turning a Gunship rammed into me which took my shield off completely and let to multiple enemies instantly targeting me and with no shield I had little chance of escape so lost the lot. Only saving grace was that I was working 4 Massacre missions at the same time, one of which was 4m Cr so all the kills still counted towards those.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby thebigb59 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 pm

aim for the power plant on bigger ships
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:15 am

Might be best to avoid open play on this one, seems a bit buggy. I had everything on my radar go red and commanders the same faction as me all ganged up and attacked me and a random I teamed with. Was 3 vs me for a while.

I quickly spun round and blew a Viper Mk4 to bits. Had a vulture and Cobra mk3, I think continue to chase me. I ran for a bit, spun and returned fire and they quickly fled as their shields collapsed. I jumped out, not long after I was told my poor random wingman was dead. Trying the pvp out was fun but expensive. Didn't get any combat bonds of course, what with sharing the same faction. Apparently other people are having the same issue in open so watch out.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 pm

These Massacre missions for the HeHe Camorra are really good.
After doing a fair few I have now become Allied with them and so they are now offering me more of the. In one go along with the fact they are giving me a ton of cash.
I currently have the following all going at the same time and as I am doing the community goal anyway it is free money!

Destroy 96 Ships for 16.5m Cr
Destroy 84 Ships for 12.7m Cr
Destroy 56 ships for 10.1m Cr
Destroy 64 ships for 9.7m Cr
Destroy 24 ships for 1.7m Cr

So on top of all the ones I have already cashed in once I complete these I will get an additional 50m Cr
On top of the CG cash reward along with all the Cr from the Combat Bonds as well.

This is turning out to be a very rewarding CG
Tho I have not done much for the Fed side so currently only have the bottom tier on that one but this extra cash from the massacre missions is more than making up for it.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:00 pm

I will definitely keep that in mind for future. Looks like really good profits to be made from stacking those. One of the engineers requires 100k in combat bonds so I will head over to him next and see if I can get some extra credits.
I think this is about halfway to tier 8 now so this could finish this evening. I'm hoping it does as I'm eager to grab my rewards and move on now.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:39 pm

So after leaving my Python behind and jumping back in my Vulture i then also took your advice of wating a few mins before picking a side and it did seem to make quite a difference
with a lot less attention given to me so was able to just stay in the Zone for much much longer before needing to head back to the station for some repairs.

Also my Vulture now has the Bi-weave shields as per BigBs advice so if i came upder too much fire resulting in my shields going down i was able to boost away, wait a short time to regenerate then
get straight back into the mix as those shields regen so much quicker. Also as it is Combat bonds rather than bounties i swapped my Kill Warrent Scanner for a 2nd Shield Booster which helped.

so i easily managed to rack up multiple kills fairly quickly to complete the massacre missions with relative ease and i get the impression this is a great and pretty fast way to earn some decent Credits. The trick is to do as many missions for the faction that offers them asap to fast track to being allied so that they then offer you the big money massacre missions.
I believe you can only get Massacre missions in places that are in a state of War and only then by the factions that are fighting it out so i guess the best way to find those systems is to use the filter on the Galaxy map. I dont think systems stay in that state for very long tho.

So yesterday i went from having just 10m Cr in the bank to finishing the day with 75m Cr and i will shortly have the CG payouts to add to that as well so i might treat my Python to that nice 7A power plant tonight :-D
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Elite Dangerous