Community Goals

Re: Community Goals

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm

dazzafett wrote:Yeah it was quite laggy but it felt more like getting stuck on a hit box which is strange as I flew closer to them than that without getting stuck. I forgot to take screen shots as I was more worried about trying to get out alive at the time LOL.
I don't think the Capital Ships can be destroyed but I have seen a YouTube Video of a wing of players taking out all the Heat Exchangers on an Empire ship which then forces it to over heat and it then goes into Hyperspace to escape, when they did that the players all got a 200k Combat Bond.

I can make more money and faster by just taking out lots of the Smaller ships when there is no Capital Ship present anyway.
Quite impressive Ships to see tho.
Will be epic watching one of those fight it out with the Thargoids.
I looked into it on the Wiki when I first found them. They are indeed invincible, you can only force them to retreat. The credit reward is pretty lousy, yeah.

I do have some footage from my encounter, mostly of them warping in.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am

So this weeks 2 CG are both Delivery ones so as to prepare for the arrival of the Thargoids next week with two different Engineers (Liz Ryder and Proff Pallin) needing to have various Alien Items and artifacts brought to them so that they can then build the Countermeasures and Missile Rack that were shown in the Sort Cinematic last week.

An F-Dev Live Stream last night confirmed that these two items will be available no matter what however the result of the CG will decide on where they will be available to be bought from so the more tiers unlocked then the more Systems will have them available.

Also you do not need to have unlocked the Engineer to be able to take part as the delivery point is a Station within their home system rather than their actual base.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby dazzafett » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 am

Spent most of my time over the weekend unlocking Engineers and then Engineering my fleet so not looked at the CGs yet.
Both look to have only been half completed so I will try to do a bit of both tonight as it could be quite easy to get a Top 50% slot with minimum effort, especially if I use my 450t Annaconda.

Also over the weekend I got my 750 power play merits for Rank 3 and I reach the 4 week pledged point on Wednesday so will be able to pick up some Prismatic Shields when it tics over on Thursday.
Will buy one of each size and store them for future use if I every need them might swap to he No1 guy to take advantage of his 20% bonus to Trade Profits in his systems which should help boost up my Trader Rank.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby thebigb59 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

dazzafett wrote:Spent most of my time over the weekend unlocking Engineers and then Engineering my fleet so not looked at the CGs yet.
Both look to have only been half completed so I will try to do a bit of both tonight as it could be quite easy to get a Top 50% slot with minimum effort, especially if I use my 450t Annaconda.

Also over the weekend I got my 750 power play merits for Rank 3 and I reach the 4 week pledged point on Wednesday so will be able to pick up some Prismatic Shields when it tics over on Thursday.
Will buy one of each size and store them for future use if I every need them might swap to he No1 guy to take advantage of his 20% bonus to Trade Profits in his systems which should help boost up my Trader Rank.

Best go with the emperor, her railguns are pretty deadly. But the trade bonus does sound good :)
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Previous

Return to Elite Dangerous