Community Goals

Community Goals

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Just somewhere to discuss the CGs. It's more for the next lot than the current as we're all on board with that I think but nonetheless; The current bounty has just finished, I managed to place in the top 75% for a cool 7m or so but just missed out on the top 50.

Currently the Pleiades Research Outpost campgaign is still going, almost at tier 6. Pretty easy to break into the top 75. Not sure how much is needed for 50, but I'm not there yet at 576 tonnes.
Edit: Shifted to top 50 after depositing 784 tons so the current threshold is roughly 680-780. Probably closer to 700.

Now, the info came from Dazza but I'll repost it here for posterity, possibly the most efficient way of contributing to this mission is travelling to HIP 67109 and buying lithium at Hermite's Progress, as it's only a jump away from Campbell Horizons.

With current exchange rates, I'm making extra profit by buying liquor from Campbell and selling it at Hermite's.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Community Goals

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Got knocked back down to 75% overnight so if you haven't checked your position recently, consider taking a look.

Also I don't know if this is just me or if it's a global thing but Hermite's Progress seems to have ran out of lithium. The nearby Napier's Reach has none either.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Also I don't know if this is just me or if it's a global thing but Hermite's Progress seems to have ran out of lithium. The nearby Napier's Reach has none either.

It will be the same for everyone, I guess it was a popular site and it has sold out. I expect I've been knocked down as well. Not too fussed though, it's only at tier 6 so rewards aren't amazing for this one.
Last edited by Lieutenant Fatman on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:Also I don't know if this is just me or if it's a global thing but Hermite's Progress seems to have ran out of lithium. The nearby Napier's Reach has none either.

It will be the same for everyone, I guess it was a popular site and it has sold out. I expect I've been knocked down as well. Not to fussed though, it's only at tier 6 so rewards aren't amazing for this one.
True, would be nice to grab the extra 3 mil or so though. I just checked Carleson Terminal and they don't sell it, so I'm going to try a few more ports in Abroin to see if anyone still sells it. If not, I'll call it a day. But at least now I have a solid cargo ship to get an early start on the next trade CG.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Alas, it seems that the 4 tons of lithium I was able to scrounge up wasn't enough to reclaim my position.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:14 pm

New community goals are live!

Bounty hunting and Rares trading in the Harma system.

System: Harma
Station: Gabriel Enterprise (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 258 Ls from main star, 143.04 Ly from Sol)

Objectives: Deliver Bast Snake Gin, Kongga Ale, Lavian Brandy, Wuthielo Ku Froth and Orrerian Vicious Brew / Hand in bounty vouchers.
Time limit: 3rd August 3303 @ 15:00
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 pm

I was able to procure and deliver 24 tonnes of Kongga Ale, but I get the feeling like the effort of obtaining them isn't worth the ultimate reward, with even top ten commanders only netting 1,250,000. I imagine most of proft comes from actually selling the goods.

Obviously, it's only tier 1 at the moment, but I expect we would struggle to get as high as tier 6 on this one.

edit: scratch that, changed my mind. Didn't realise quite how profitable just selling the goods could be, and the reward is startingto look very good at just tier 4.

Definitely more inclined to score highly in the bounty hunting. Just need to get a good ship for it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 am

I like this rares cg, a bit different to the usual.
Worth bearing in mind, systems Lave and Orrere are only 9ly apart. Hint hint. I don't know how prices are likely to fluctuate but right now I'd suggest docking at both for the full amount could easily see profits of 1.2 million.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes we have to bear in mind that the Commodities market is part of the background simulation so prices changes and stocks are shared across all platforms.
When i started picking up the Lithium from Hermites progress there was thousands of tonnes available but stocks inevitably got depleted.
Great idea to set up a separate thread so that we can share info and help each other to progress with a bit more ease.

So last night i realised a Noob/School Boy error. (YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY CLAIM AND PICK UP YOUR REWARDS!! DOH!)
The first CG i did last week i only did the minumim so hadnt noticed that the 800k reward had not been credited.
After becoming wanted in Abrion on Tuesday evening i headed off to do other things far far away from there and started to rank up my Fed ranking by doing missions
down around Nanomam which is Hudsons HQ as i also needed to get my power play merit points before the reset as well. (Distance was about 160ly from Abrion).
Anyway logged on last night and my Cr Balance was still only 19mil Thats when i realised that after the CG is over you have to actually go and claim your rewards from the station!! So i had to head all the way back to Abrion and evade the Bounty Hunters that were after me so that i could collect my 31m (160ly) then i had to head all the way over to last weeks location to collect my 800k (140ly) that still hadnt been picked up. Then i had to head all way down to this weeks CG area (240ly)
So by the time i arrived i didnt get time to actually do anything except request my Type 6 to be transferred over to me ready for tonight.

Anyway i am all set to go so any tips on where to go an pick up the items then please share.

Also right next door to the station is a Hazordous extraction site.
These are great for large bounties but can be tough and time consuming when your on your own as you dont get any help as there is no security present.
If everyone is on tonight then perhaps we could form a Wing and go take it on together.
Doing that you should each get the full bounty and with 3 or 4 of us teaming up we scan rack up some decent bounties fairly quickly.
I am out tomorrow night but will be back again on Sunday for more of that or some CQC
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:11 pm

i am always around, just drop me an message and i will wing up. Doing the rare run tonight, Wuthielo Ku Froth is illegal in Bast and Orreon
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Next

Return to Elite Dangerous