Elite Dangerous

Re: Elite Dangerous

Postby dazzafett » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I am still enjoying COD WWII at the mo so not been missing this yet and the break from ED is probably doing me good to avoid burnout.
Elite Dangerous is a much longer term game for me so i will probably dip back in a various times and most likey also around the Big updates too.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby thebigb59 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Type-10 is out, available at Jameson Memorial (elite rank needed) or any High Tech Alliance Systems
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby dazzafett » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Ooooo I could pick that up when I jump back on the game as Jameson Memorial is my home base 8)
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 am

The Open PC Beta for Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One will launch 25 Jan 2018! http://bit.ly/2mu7TzS

New Ship: Chieftain 
Elite Dangerous Horizons Commanders will also be able to take to the stars in the new Alliance Chieftain, designed not only to dish out punishment, but to avoid it. Manufactured by Lakon Spaceways, the Chieftain is more maneuverable than ships of similar size and weight, and its combat profile means it can more than hold its own in a fight. 

Improved Core Mechanics 
Chapter 1 of Beyond will bring improvements to some of Elite Dangerous' core mechanics, including accessibility enhancements to the engineering mechanics, an overhaul of mission rewards and big changes to crime and punishment. We’ll be sharing more information on the changes to Crime and Punishment, and the Engineers in the future.

Wing Missions 
Chapter 1 of Beyond will give you the chance to take on wing missions with your fellow Commanders, sharing both the efforts and rewards. 

Revised Trade Data 
Commanders will now be able to access trade data from systems they have previously visited, in order to make more informed decisions when shipping goods across the Milky Way. 

Planetary Visual Improvements 
Chapter 1 also includes the first of the planetary visual improvements coming as part of the Beyond series of updates (with more surface level improvements coming later in the year) bringing a new vibrancy to the Elite Dangerous galaxy. 

GalNet Audio 
With the introduction of GalNet Audio, you will be able to catch up on the latest news from across the galaxy without ever leaving the action. 

You can find the beta details below: 

• When? 25 January 2018 
• Who? This beta is open to everyone on PC and Mac

The beta includes new content, changes and improvements for both Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous Horizons players. In order to access all of the content, you will require Elite Dangerous Horizons.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am

Will have to wait and see exactly what these core mechanic changes are going to consist of, but generally that sounds really promising. A lot of this should have been in from the start, though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Anyone taken a look at this since the Beyond update dropped last week?
I have watched a couple of YouTube Vids on the update but not ventured back myself just yet.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Not yet, one of the most interesting additions are the new co-op missions so that's the part I'm most keen to try out. Should jump back on soon to see what else has changed.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:51 am

Yes we should arrange a time for us to all hook up to try out the co-op missions
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 am

Sounds good to me, evenings are best for you, right?

Also heads up, there's currently a sale on for the Elite Dangerous microtransaction currency on the PS store at 30% off. Frontier points used to purchase cosmetic gubbins. I appreciate it's controversial but worth noting if there was a particular paint job you wanted and didn't have quite enough for it.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Sounds good to me, evenings are best for you, right?

Also heads up, there's currently a sale on for the Elite Dangerous microtransaction currency on the PS store at 30% off. Frontier points used to purchase cosmetic gubbins. I appreciate it's controversial but worth noting if there was a particular paint job you wanted and didn't have quite enough for it.

I might take a look, when you spend a lot of time in a game then paying a small amount for cosmetics that improve your enjoyment/experience is acceptable to me so long as there is no RNG element to it.
I was thinking of getting the Black Friday timed Exclusive Paint Jobs on Elite for some of my Fleet but i was playing WWII at the time and forgot to log in and pick them up.

Yes evenings are always best for me although i am moving house next week so my Play time may be a bit patchy for the next few weeks or so.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Elite Dangerous