Titanfall beta footage

Titanfall beta footage

Postby jloco11 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:18 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/12/78 ... -4-minutes

IGN was all over Titanfall's nutsack today with videos... quite a number of videos there, but this is a highlights video. So from what I saw

Good:
- Clean, sharp graphics.... but more on this in the next section
- Game looks fast paced as opposed to a campfest, and the controls look smooth
- No discernible lag, but that could always change
- Titan battles look pretty damn fun

Bad:
- The bots are INCREDIBLY STUPID. Holy shit that's not even funny. They just stand in a spot waiting for you to shoot them
- Invisibility, as I said before.... it just gives incentive for someone to camp in a room or corner like an asshole
- The first called in Titan, has a huge advantage over the game. You can see what happened in 1 of the videos when someone was the first to get a titan. Total domination until the other team was able to get one. They're not difficult to kill, they're difficult to counter other than just hiding until you get a titan.
- Graphics look clean and sharp, but don't exactly blow me away for "Next Gen". They're good, but Ryse and Forza were much more stunning than this
- From the weapons shown, there isn't a major difference in abilities. You really can't tell the difference from an AR to an SMG or AR to LMG.
jloco11

Re: Titanfall beta footage

Postby Sugarsugar » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 am

Just a few thoughts on IGN's Titanfall video:

The Good
- Firstly, I think the game looks brilliant. It may not have the highest textures ever, but the smooth framerate and lack of screen-tear is impressive.
- Titan on Titan battles look frantic and fun. The ability to use your votex shield and send enemy projectiles back, adds a rather nice layer of gameplay in multiplayer. I also like the fact that you can dodge bullets / missile by just dashing left & right.
- Based on other videos I've seen, there always something to do in Titanfall. It's an extremely fast paced game by the looks of it (more so that most Call of Duty games). Gun on gun fights, killing AI soldiers (more on this below), parkoring, moving around in a titan, etc.

The Bad
- The big one: AI. They're pathetic. I think Respawn may have bitten off more than they could chew when developing Titanfall with (around) 36 AI grunts.
- The lack of any innovative multiplayer modes shown. We have Attrition=Team Deathmatch, Hardpoint=Team Domination & Last Titan Standing=One life Team Deathmatch. Now granted this is a beta after all, but I was expecting so much more.
Sugarsugar
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Re: Titanfall beta footage

Postby blackman135 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm

jloco11 wrote:http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/12/78-epic-titanfall-moments-in-4-minutes

IGN was all over Titanfall's nutsack today with videos... quite a number of videos there, but this is a highlights video. So from what I saw

Good:
- Clean, sharp graphics.... but more on this in the next section
- Game looks fast paced as opposed to a campfest, and the controls look smooth
- No discernible lag, but that could always change
- Titan battles look pretty damn fun

Bad:
- The bots are INCREDIBLY STUPID. Holy shit that's not even funny. They just stand in a spot waiting for you to shoot them
- Invisibility, as I said before.... it just gives incentive for someone to camp in a room or corner like an asshole
- The first called in Titan, has a huge advantage over the game. You can see what happened in 1 of the videos when someone was the first to get a titan. Total domination until the other team was able to get one. They're not difficult to kill, they're difficult to counter other than just hiding until you get a titan.
- Graphics look clean and sharp, but don't exactly blow me away for "Next Gen". They're good, but Ryse and Forza were much more stunning than this
- From the weapons shown, there isn't a major difference in abilities. You really can't tell the difference from an AR to an SMG or AR to LMG.

I my opinion titanfall was over hiped and was not as exiting as i envisioned it
sidenote- Jloco11 if you want titan fall videos for you to make a rant about it tell me ill send some your way
blackman135
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Xbox One