Site Usage and Renewal

Microsoft hardware and exclusive games.

Site Usage and Renewal

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Hi all,

Today I renewed the domain for PGz for another year, as it was about to expire. This time next year, however, I'm going to have to really think about whether to do it again. Unfortunately, things are real quiet around here at the moment. I have a long history with this community and in an ideal world I'd love to keep it around as long as possible, but at the moment it's a little difficult to justify. I've been eating the site's running costs alone for the past few years, and at the moment it's costing me £135 a year to keep it going, which is increasingly hard to justify when we're getting no more than a few posts a week at best.

I'd really like to keep it running, but the only way I can justify the cost is if people want me to. So what do you think? How many of you want to keep on trucking?

I suppose I'll revisit this topic next year and see if it got much of a response. So I'd really appreciate any input!
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Site Usage and Renewal

Postby SmellyUndies » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 am

Hey mate, I'm in-active just as much as everyone seems to be but I'm happy to contribute/match the cost for another year at least.
If you flick me a Paypal link I'll send it through.
SmellyUndies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Appreciate the post, Smelly. Any support for keeping the site running is greatly appreciated, but please don't feel obliged. There is actually a PayPal link at the very bottom of the forum that can be used for site donations.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SmellyUndies » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 pm

No worries mate, all sent through now.
SmellyUndies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:48 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:No worries mate, all sent through now.

Thanks ever so much Smelly, it's very kind of you and I really appreciate it a lot.It's not much, but I'm going to throw a little forum rank/badge your way for recognition.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:07 am

Musashi1596 wrote:Thanks ever so much Smelly, it's very kind of you and I really appreciate it a lot.It's not much, but I'm going to throw a little forum rank/badge your way for recognition.

Hey man no worries and thank you for the cool badge, looks awesome!
Cheers mate.
SmellyUndies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:00 pm

I'd much prefer to use a forum like this one, than social media. But keeping people coming back is no easy thing it seems.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:35 am

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:I'd much prefer to use a forum like this one, than social media. But keeping people coming back is no easy thing it seems.
Sadly so. Forums in general have been declining for years, but I still think they're the best medium for discussion on the internet. Social media is a shitshow at the best of time, even discounting things like character limits, algorithms and lack of organisation that are bad for proper discussion.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dahawk » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:16 am

thanks Mark & Smelly! Who knows what the future will bring. And then there's always the discord if this site disappears,
dahawk

Return to Microsoft