****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Sony hardware and exclusive games.

Re: ****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Postby dazzafett » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 pm

I am all for ultra hard Trophies but that sounds like it really is taking the piss :lol:
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:
Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Thanks ! Started the new Wolfenstein this morning. Appears to have the most legendary hardcore trophy ever devised. Can't see many people getting it.
I am intrigued, tell me more

Ok, it's simple enough. Hardest difficulty as normal except the game doesn't save. So you have to do it in one sitting. One death means game over, progress wiped. The best bit is, unlike all the other hardcore modes out there, you can't cheese this one. No switching difficulties on the last mission pre patch or loading saves every 24 hours from the cloud as there is no save to load. You can put the ps4 in sleep though so it's not all super harsh.

But some people are so upset about the difficulty of this trophy they've actually started a petition on change.org - hilarious. Should be no surprise no one has attained the plat yet due to this trophy. I would suggest this is likely to be one of the rarest trophies ever. I'm currently playing two difficulties down from max and it's pretty nails. I die a lot.
Hmm. I always love a challenge but it sounds rather excessive; too easy to die from simple bad luck. Doesn't really sound reasonable. I imagine none of the developers did it themselves.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:56 pm

I respect the challenge and I like they've been brave enough to put something like that in there. But it is something that is going to mess things up for completionists. I'll keep an eye on it and see how many if any succeed. I think maybe the Dead Space 2 take on it was possibly the best of being allowed to save up to 3 times. Slightly less brutal but still very challenging.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:I respect the challenge and I like they've been brave enough to put something like that in there. But it is something that is going to mess things up for completionists. I'll keep an eye on it and see how many if any succeed. I think maybe the Dead Space 2 take on it was possibly the best of being allowed to save up to 3 times. Slightly less brutal but still very challenging.

That was decent enough but i seem to recall that was on Normal mode, which is the setting it *should* be if you're expected to get through it without dying. High settings are just too prone to instakills, especially in FPS games.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Yes, it's very easy to die in this game. There is a lot of potential for stealthing through entire areas to ease the brutality but enemies don't tend to have set patrol routes and often move randomly so simply watching a playthrough on youtube and copying isn't going to cut it either.
But I'm finding you can take a lot of enemies down with long distance head shots using silenced pistols without too much trouble.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Yes, it's very easy to die in this game. There is a lot of potential for stealthing through entire areas to ease the brutality but enemies don't tend to have set patrol routes and often move randomly so simply watching a playthrough on youtube and copying isn't going to cut it either.
But I'm finding you can take a lot of enemies down with long distance head shots using silenced pistols without too much trouble.
Hmm, if stealth is an option that could work. Won't know until I try the game anyway. I remember stealth being handy at I think the train yard in the last game but didn't really come into it anywhere else.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:50 am

Just finished Code Veronica after Dragon Aging it. I'm barely conscious at this point to be honest.

Still deeply disappointed in Capcom's handling of the EU version and it's definitely cost some of the goodwill I still had left for the company.
Anyway, with this finished it brings my 'active' backlog down to four; Elite Dangerous, Battlezone (uuurrrrggghhh), FFXII and Farpoint.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mi2Lethal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 pm

The 'Mein Leben' trophy in the new Wolfenstein is really over the top to say the least. I don't know if they actually realise how hard it is to beat their game on the hardest difficulty with out dying. Though nowadays I think a lot of people expect every trophy/platinum to be easy and achievable by everyone. That being said I think it'd have been fairer if they changed the difficulty to normal, or give people 3 saves or increase the number of lives. I find it hilarious that people actually put out petitions to change a freaking trophy in a game, what a time to be alive.

At the end of the day MachineGames can put out whatever they want cause it's their game, no matter how hard they make the requirements of the trophy. I will pick up the game my self soon and (attempt to) go for the platinum, god help me :sad: . Hopefully the trophy stays as it is, I want that ultra-ultra super rare platinum 8)
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 pm

To be fair I can somewhat understand wanting the dev to change it, if it is perceived to be impossible rather than simply very difficult. I'm fully in support of very hard platinums, as you may have noticed, but it does sometimes feel like the devs just go "yeah, this'll really piss the completionists off" and throw in something ludicrous that they haven't tried to do themselves. Especially considering this is quite a long game with apparently unskippable cutscenes, and on top of that, is unstable and prone to crashing which will wipe out an entire attempt. There's clearly been no thought into giving an actual challenge to players.

And it's a bronze!

With my backlog as it is it will be a while before I get to it anyway, so I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone manages it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:40 pm

My completionist needs went out the window as soon as they started putting out Online Trophies that also rely on other players to be able to complete.
I don't care how hard a Trophy is and I love a really tough one but I have always maintained that a Trophy should be obtainable with no help from anyone else and in an offline mode so it can be done at any time.
If I pick up a game and don't concentrate on it until a later date but then when I do I find out that online servers are either shut down or that no one is playing it anymore so it is impossible to get into games Due to it being empty then I don't think that is fair.

That is why I don't care about completing to 100% anymore like I used.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Sony