On the hunt for rare trophies

Sony hardware and exclusive games.

On the hunt for rare trophies

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue May 05, 2015 9:18 am

I do enjoy a good trophy hunt in video games, there's a great feeling in earning that platinum trophy for that really challenging game you love so much. It's great fun but do the easy plats that every man and his dog have give that same feeling? The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones to give two obvious examples, games that simply require you to reach the end. They don't for me, nice enough to have in the collection, but they don't warrant the, I just earned a bad ass platinum trophy dance.

So it's not always so much about the plats, not for me anyway, sometimes it's often more entertaining hunting those rare and elusive trophies.
So when I saw a game on sale which I was already interested in and noticed that it had several trophies that no one anywhere has yet earned and are 0% ultra rares. Oh, I felt the challenge, but I knew it it wouldn't be easy.

So I got one of those super rare trophies yesterday evening after putting a fair amount of time working out a good strategy and yes, it does feel awesome, being the only person in the world to have that one trophy. It's only a bronze trophy, not even silver or a gold, but damn, it was fun hunting it down. The game is called Futuridium. The devs picked up on my Twitter celebration and had some nice things to say to me.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2925-Futu ... ain-master Rarity is currently shown as 0.17%

https://twitter.com/Darth_Mooo/status/5 ... 9968553987

I'm going to try and hunt down at least one more, will I succeed, I don't know, but it will be fun finding out.
Any rare trophies you've hunted down?
Last edited by Lieutenant Fatman on Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: On the hunt for rare trophies

Postby Mi2Lethal » Tue May 05, 2015 11:49 am

The most rare trophies I've earned according to ps3trophies.com are the Destiny platinum and Flawless raider trophy.
One of the easiest and funniest trophy that I've earned, which I personally l love as well is the Marco Solo trophy from Uncharted 3.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby assassinof1337 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:53 am

Wow, thats pretty awesome. My rarest trophy right now is for completing 100 runs in Tower of Guns. Which is pretty easy, considering you can start a run, immediately kill yourself, and it counts.

I'm "working"(aka I haven't bothered uninstalling it yet) on Loadout, which has a trophy with 0.14% completion, but 100 hours in matchmaking is a LONG time when you don't enjoy the game. :lol: I keep on seeing it, playing a match or two, remembering why I stop playing it, and then not deleting it because I think I might try again later.
assassinof1337
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Treehugger » Tue May 05, 2015 1:56 pm

My rarest trophy is 2.72%....and its TOP 100 GANG! -Pix The Cat..... I don't know how I feel about that. Though its probably rare because few people wanted to play the game .
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby GlennBacca » Tue May 05, 2015 5:07 pm

My rarest trophy at the moment is the FIFA 15 platinum at 2.16%. It was at .50%-ish when I got it back in october.
I don't really go for rare trophies just to have rare trophies though. I go for trophies on games I enjoy, and focus on getting platinum for those games.
GlennBacca
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue May 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Oh man, I tried the 4 player local deathmatch on Pix the Cat, it was pretty bad. We quickly changed to something else. I'm guessing the single player is better but that put me off trying it.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Managed an ultra rare on Spelunky, many of this games trophies are as hard as nails! Quite chuffed to of reached the city of gold.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2092-Spel ... ty-of-Gold
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Managed an ultra rare on Spelunky, many of this games trophies are as hard as nails! Quite chuffed to of reached the city of gold.
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2092-Spel ... ty-of-Gold
Nice one! Hope it turned out better for you than it did Nathan Drake.
I thought my recent Soul Sacrifice plat was Ultra Rare; PSN has it at 2.0%, but it seems much more common on PSN Profiles.
Also apparently the Helldivers plat is now my second rarest.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mrsulu » Wed May 27, 2015 8:37 pm

PSN profiles only counts the people who have registered on their site? If that's the case it's bound to be higher since they are all whores.

PSN gives a % from everyone who has ever played the game.

My rarest one ( Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic GTA4) on PSN profiles is 1.76%, but on PSN it is 0.1%
mrsulu
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 pm

The problem is every other rare trophy according to PSN is 0.1% rarity. It would help if they showed a bit more info and went beyond the one decimal point.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to Sony