****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Sony hardware and exclusive games.

Re: ****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Congrats on plat number 60!

I've been pretty slow on the platinum hunting this year but last month I got Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Really cool game, takes about 30 hours to get through I think.
And about 10 minutes ago I platted Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Fun game, always cool seeing the Souls team make something a bit different. Feel like a total badass taking down some of the bosses in this one. Looking forward to seeing what they bring out next.
Impressive work, good job. I kinda haven't played Sekiro in months.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Just platted Control. Semi easy plat minus a couple of frustrating optional boss fights. Really fun game with great combat and environment.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Looks like some fun gameplay, I heard the story is pretty weak though, which is a shame.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:04 am

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Looks like some fun gameplay, I heard the story is pretty weak though, which is a shame.
The only person I've spoken to who played it thought it was pretty overrated, so I'm not likely to pay it much attention personally when I already have a substantial backlog.

My trophy hunting on Icewind Dale has sadly come to a halt, because the game is glitched and the trophies are not unlocking properly for me. The devs have not been especially helpful. Very frustrating.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 pm

So platted a few more games mostly visual novels, but only one I want to mention is Gris. It's a short game about 3-4 hours long and the trophies are pretty easy to get, but I really recommend this game. It feels like a 2D Rime/Journey. A pretty good puzzle,/platformer and the audio is great.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Keep up the good work, dude, you're catching up with me pretty fast now, my plat hunting has slowed down quite a bit recently. Currently playing Hollow Knight, I've read the plat is super nails so doubtful I'll go for it but.. we'll see! If it's a fun challenge, rather than a pointless grind then I'll always be tempted. Especially for a game this fun.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Hollow Knight was great fun. Never beat it due to one boss. Though technically i could travel to best another boss and probably increase my stats or abilities. It's suffering from the I haven't played it in years, but I feel like I should start over and yet I'm close to the end so don't want to so I just look at the app syndrome.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Treehugger wrote:Hollow Knight was great fun. Never beat it due to one boss. Though technically i could travel to best another boss and probably increase my stats or abilities. It's suffering from the I haven't played it in years, but I feel like I should start over and yet I'm close to the end so don't want to so I just look at the app syndrome.

I finished it today, was a lot of fun. Was considering going for the really difficult platinum trophy, but I saw there's a way players can cheat to get it (and many have) so I decided to move onto the next game in my backlog. Which is for the best I think as I have a lot of games to get through! But yeah, if you can cheat or pay to get a platinum trophy then it reduces the value of it to pretty much zero for me, that's why I skipped on the Resi 2 plat as well. Capcom gave players the option to breeze through the top difficulties with an infinite rocket launcher or gattling gun by paying up. Which I have to say would make for a pretty boring playthrough.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:
Treehugger wrote:Hollow Knight was great fun. Never beat it due to one boss. Though technically i could travel to best another boss and probably increase my stats or abilities. It's suffering from the I haven't played it in years, but I feel like I should start over and yet I'm close to the end so don't want to so I just look at the app syndrome.

I finished it today, was a lot of fun. Was considering going for the really difficult platinum trophy, but I saw there's a way players can cheat to get it (and many have) so I decided to move onto the next game in my backlog. Which is for the best I think as I have a lot of games to get through! But yeah, if you can cheat or pay to get a platinum trophy then it reduces the value of it to pretty much zero for me, that's why I skipped on the Resi 2 plat as well. Capcom gave players the option to breeze through the top difficulties with an infinite rocket launcher or gattling gun by paying up. Which I have to say would make for a pretty boring playthrough.
Did not know you could buy the infinite stuff. What a joke. I quite njoyed getting that plat too.

Only recent plat I've got was Terminator Resistance. Pretty easy plat, but the game is extremely good, despite reviewing poorly.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Interesting, I did read a review saying it wasn't half as bad as some were suggesting. Playing Doom Eternal and The Outer Worlds now, fair bet I'll go for the plat on Doom. 2nd playthrough needed on TOW so maybe not. Hardest difficulty does sound like it could be entertaining though.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Sony