****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Sony hardware and exclusive games.

Re: ****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Postby Arnold Sideways » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 am

LivingSky wrote:So I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this but. Anyone have a recommendation for a game? I was thinking of getting Nier Automata But I just finished Berseria and I'm waiting for Persona 5 so I don't want to only play JRPGs for like 2-3 months straight that's a good way to make a man go crazy.

Also Yes I am buying Mass effect and a friend got Horizon zero dawn so I will be "borrowing" that later down the year so those 2 are out of the question

Would you recommend Berseria? Tales games seem to be either hit or miss with me. Didn't like Graces or Zestiria, but enjoyed Xillia, Vesperia and Symphonia.

Trophies for Horizon seem fairly straightforward. Think I'm closing in on completing the main stroyline, and I feel like I've done most of the sidequests. Collectibles are what they are, but at least there's a handy map, and you get items for trading in sets of the collectibles you collect.

Still got to go back to Doom and Dishonored 2 with a walkthrough to pick up the remaining trophies on those. Probably give Mass Effect a miss though.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Arnold Sideways wrote:Still got to go back to Doom and Dishonored 2 with a walkthrough to pick up the remaining trophies on those. Probably give Mass Effect a miss though.
You most likely won't need to bother with a walkthrough for Doom, one of the suit upgrades basically shows you where every collectible in the game is
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LivingSky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 am

Arnold Sideways wrote:
Would you recommend Berseria? Tales games seem to be either hit or miss with me. Didn't like Graces or Zestiria, but enjoyed Xillia, Vesperia and Symphonia.

I would very highly recommend Berseria in a hearth beat. the main cast IMO is hands down the best up to date. and i've played almost every tales games at some point. the story honestly is "tales like" if you played them you know what you're getting into but it has some nice little moments that really made it stand out in my opinion. Also the combat is very good in this one, a lot of character swamping in fights, very easily too and it's rewarded and encouraged. The one thing I didn't like is how you can get an almost "immortal" mode that lets you tank something that would have kill you and let you survive at 1 hp and with enough immunity frames to get that mode back.

So long story short, yes I would recommend it. I loved the game so it has my seal of approval, and as a bonus the plat on it is not hard but a bit grindy. but not to the level of zesteria were you had to finish the game like 15 times or something stupid like that.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm

If you read the Drawn to Death trophy names in order they tell a little story. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5963-drawn-to-death
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Final Fantasy XV & Alienation platinums are mine. Went on the toughest dungeon on Alienation and was lucky to have a crack team with me who valued team work. What a way to end it. The final fight is seriously manic. Thankfully one of the legendary weapons that dropped at the end was a 12 slot. *pling*
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Finally got my Torment plat. Decent enough game, but the last trophy was just torturous.

I'll try and update this week sometime, but PSN Profiles is currently undergoing maintenance.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Final Fantasy XV & Alienation platinums are mine. Went on the toughest dungeon on Alienation and was lucky to have a crack team with me who valued team work. What a way to end it. The final fight is seriously manic. Thankfully one of the legendary weapons that dropped at the end was a 12 slot. *pling*
I still need to get back to FFXV but I'm really just not feeling it. Instead of hopping back after finishing Torment, I bought Code Veronica X instead.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 am

Just platted Rime. Easy platinum and can be done in one playthough with a guide, but I did it in two with chapter select. Not a long game, but still good.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Platted Batman and Waling Dead Season 3 telltale. Season 3 of walking dead was really good, but damn it was short. Each episode was barely an hour. Batman on the other hand suffered from terrible frames and glitches. Half the time near the end fights it felt like a slideshow. Not to mention backgrounds would disappear along with characters. Episode 3 by itself would download and install, but the game wouldn't recognize it.Since the disc forces you to download through the game I couldn't do it through the store. Just a cluster fuck of problems from episode 3 to the end. My favorite part was during some fights you have to pull the sticks in a direction, but the direction for some reason followed batman. So it looked like it was going diagonal down, but this was a glitch. After I died the input showed in the center of the screen where all you had to do was go down.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh man, I didn't think it was possible that Telltale would actually get worse but I guess they really couldn't care less about quality control, just ship the product and move to the next bit of software. I wonder how they're still in business.
I just got the platinum for Tekken 7, nothing to brag about, they made it incredibly easy, which is a shame really. Slowly working on getting the plat for Valkyria Chronicles, and just started on Killing Floor 2 which is 7 player co-op. Pretty simple game but good fun. Not sure how difficult it will be to get all the plings, we shall see.
Lieutenant Fatman
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

PreviousNext

Return to Sony