BF4 PS3 Issues & Fixes

BF4 PS3 Issues & Fixes

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:29 pm

There are several bugs it seems that werent present at launch, but have recently show their faces.   The main one being PS3 system freezes.   Ive tried for hours to find a fix for this and have finally been successful.   If you are experiencing PS3 freezes while playing, follow these steps:

• Delete all BF4 game data from PS3
  • Restart PS3
  • Reinstall all BF updates
  • DO NOT CHANGE FIELD UPGRADES ON ANY CLASSES - Only use the default Offense or Defense (this is the problem)
  • DICE is working on a fix for this ATM
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BF4 PS3 Issues & Fixes

Postby jloco11 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm

So then what's the point of a beta if shit like this still happens?

I love how DICE calls their shit a "beta" when the reality is it's nothing more than a stress test or demo. They pull the same shit that COD when they release a game... release it with problems, don't test PS3 until launch, fix shit after the fact with patches.

But hey, at least they offer up a demo! More than any COD game has ever given us.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Interesting article on its bugs and such
www.gamesradar.com/guys-dice-are-fixing ... hem-break/
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm

jloco11 wrote:So then what's the point of a beta if shit like this still happens?

I love how DICE calls their shit a "beta" when the reality is it's nothing more than a stress test or demo. They pull the same shit that COD when they release a game... release it with problems, don't test PS3 until launch, fix shit after the fact with patches.

But hey, at least they offer up a demo! More than any COD game has ever given us.

The main issue is the field upgrade for support. Its unlocked at a higher level (20 something) that would require 12-20 hours to achieve depending on your spm. I doubt many, if any, players even unlocked that particular upgrade in the beta.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 am

Well, damn.

I was literally minutes away from finishing everything I needed in the SP campaign, ready for me to move on to multiplayer. I've been hitting it hard since I got it, and was looking forward to finishing up the last SP trophy.

Then the game crashes, as it has done many times before. Only this time, it corrupted my data. So now I have to replay the whole game again, collecting every dog tag and gun on the way, and finishing every assignment. Days of work down the drain. Pissed off is an understatement.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Well, damn.

I was literally minutes away from finishing everything I needed in the SP campaign, ready for me to move on to multiplayer. I've been hitting it hard since I got it, and was looking forward to finishing up the last SP trophy.

Then the game crashes, as it has done many times before. Only this time, it corrupted my data. So now I have to replay the whole game again, collecting every dog tag and gun on the way, and finishing every assignment. Days of work down the drain. Pissed off is an understatement.

Wow. I thought they had fixed that.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 pm

The game has been literally unplayable for me for weeks now. Not one single session without massive lag and other bullshit. Hugely disappointing.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:The game has been literally unplayable for me for weeks now. Not one single session without massive lag and other bullshit. Hugely disappointing.

Im not having any issues. Game plays perfectly for me.

Now, I only play small player games - Obliteration, Rush, etc.

I have played a few rounds of Conquest lately and have massive rubberbanding and lag. I've noticed that the water maps seem to be the worst.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 pm

GoD_GraveDancer wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:The game has been literally unplayable for me for weeks now. Not one single session without massive lag and other bullshit. Hugely disappointing.

Im not having any issues. Game plays perfectly for me.

Now, I only play small player games - Obliteration, Rush, etc.

I have played a few rounds of Conquest lately and have massive rubberbanding and lag. I've noticed that the water maps seem to be the worst.
They definitely are. Usually I was the same, just having issues on CQ around the time Naval Strike was released, but this past week or so I can't even play a TDM.

Also having an issue where the AC130 randomly becomes incapable of landing a hit marker. I'm pretty sure it's happened to Loomi and J too. I absolutely cannot get response from the BF Twitter about it either.

Oh, and I think that the campaign save data corruption is still rife, amazingly.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:48 am

That's weird. I had issues when NS was released but that cleared after a week or so. Don't have any issues with ac130 or my sp saves.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Battlefield 4