Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:25 pm

In non gaming related news.
Just made my final student loan payment.
Funny seeing, "you are paid ahead by 4 years"

Next up, home ownership. Ugh.
User avatar
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3
 
Posts: 17877
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:26 pm

jloco11 wrote:Anyone plan on returning to Destiny and buying Forsaken? There is a refer a friend feature now, and it works for anyone who doesn't have Forsaken (but they can have any prior Destiny content).

Get referred, get an exotic at the end of the quest, get cool swag........................get me an emblem and triumph for referring you :lol:

Tell you what I told the project managers here who asked if I wanted to do work at home for a certain sales person.

"hard pass"
User avatar
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3
 
Posts: 17877
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:26 pm

HAYTRED wrote:In non gaming related news.
Just made my final student loan payment.
Funny seeing, "you are paid ahead by 4 years"

Next up, home ownership. Ugh.


I was lucky enough to pay off my student loans after 1 1/2 years. I was free in my early 20's from any debt which is something most people don't have the opportunity to do.

But the 30 year mortgage? That's forever in debt!
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 pm

jloco11 wrote:
HAYTRED wrote:In non gaming related news.
Just made my final student loan payment.
Funny seeing, "you are paid ahead by 4 years"

Next up, home ownership. Ugh.


I was lucky enough to pay off my student loans after 1 1/2 years. I was free in my early 20's from any debt which is something most people don't have the opportunity to do.

But the 30 year mortgage? That's forever in debt!

When I graduated from college, I couldn't even afford the student loan payment, at my last job.
Then again, I went to college for 8 years, so by the time i started working here, most of my other debt was already paid off.

Now, 30 years of debt.

Yea, I know people that are like "i went to college for free on scholarships"
Kind of want to just punch them in the face.
User avatar
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3
 
Posts: 17877
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:23 pm

HAYTRED wrote:
jloco11 wrote:
HAYTRED wrote:In non gaming related news.
Just made my final student loan payment.
Funny seeing, "you are paid ahead by 4 years"

Next up, home ownership. Ugh.


I was lucky enough to pay off my student loans after 1 1/2 years. I was free in my early 20's from any debt which is something most people don't have the opportunity to do.

But the 30 year mortgage? That's forever in debt!

When I graduated from college, I couldn't even afford the student loan payment, at my last job.
Then again, I went to college for 8 years, so by the time i started working here, most of my other debt was already paid off.

Now, 30 years of debt.

Yea, I know people that are like "i went to college for free on scholarships"
Kind of want to just punch them in the face.


I got the "I'm a minority in NY before George Pataki became governor and removed education funding" grants from the state. So it saved on debt. But I had to save that money for 4 years, not touch it, and use it to pay off the loans.

I got the last year of funding on that program before that douche removed it from future students. But now I have 30 years of paying the bank to keep my house (28 more years to go!)
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:21 pm

jloco11 wrote:I got the "I'm a minority in NY before George Pataki became governor and removed education funding" grants from the state. So it saved on debt. But I had to save that money for 4 years, not touch it, and use it to pay off the loans.

I got the last year of funding on that program before that douche removed it from future students. But now I have 30 years of paying the bank to keep my house (28 more years to go!)

God damn white privilege. LOL
User avatar
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3
 
Posts: 17877
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm

I miss having competent raid teams. It's nice having at least 3-4 people I trust in raids, but goddamn some of these people are incompetent.

Me and Sky got stuck with a clueless group, that we basically carried the whole way through the raid. Sky probably had fewer completions than they did, and STILL carried that team we were with.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby HAYTRED » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:37 pm

warframe is still free.
I'm impressed Sky even still plays that game.
User avatar
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3
 
Posts: 17877
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:24 pm

His uncle buys the game, and they game share. So for him, it's free like Warframe!

Oddly, Activision said Destiny isn't selling well on their earnings call last week, so now they FINALLY smartened up and stopped separating out the DLCs from everyone.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby thebigb59 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 pm

jloco11 wrote:His uncle buys the game, and they game share. So for him, it's free like Warframe!

Oddly, Activision said Destiny isn't selling well on their earnings call last week, so now they FINALLY smartened up and stopped separating out the DLCs from everyone.

Activision and smart, surely that's an oximoron like EA and not greedy
User avatar
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Harlow, Essex

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron