Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I had just finished God of War before the Warmind DLC....... So I needed a good letdown after beating an awesome game :lol:
jloco11

Postby thebigb59 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:48 pm

HAYTRED wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:destiny 2 has dlc?

I heard it was a whole 2 hours of new content. :mrgreen:

so 2 hours of the same stuff over and over again :-D
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

thebigb59 wrote:
HAYTRED wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:destiny 2 has dlc?

I heard it was a whole 2 hours of new content. :mrgreen:

so 2 hours of the same stuff over and over again :-D

About 90 minutes of the same stuff.... like 30 minutes of new stuff that will repeat in the future!
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:36 pm

The grind is definitely real in this DLC. New raid lair wants people to be 370 to get in, and the boss is 380 power level.

Most people can barely get to 360, let alone 370. I look on my friends list, and I'm easily one of the highest leveled players, while the overwhelming majority are stuck in the 345-359 area. At best, I can try the raid lair tonight and get to the boss.... I know nobody can beat it, but getting to the boss will be an accomplishment at this point.

Brown, Vexed, KY, Rip, Dean and a few other cast of characters are playing, so hopefully I can get them high enough to jump into the raid lair with me. That's a far different look than Haytred, Smelly, Bike, Sky & Junky!
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm

It's official, I am 1 step closer to world domination!

Actually, just another promotion :lol: The person ahead of me in the pecking order of the department is leaving, which means I will officially be running the NY office for my department. Technically my boss runs the department across all our global offices, and he does handle the NY office..... but he's in charge of all the offices with multiple people who report to him.

I get the job that all the other office heads have, which means..................................................................longer work hours :cry: But more money.

Thank fuck this person is leaving though. She has been a lazy ass, that refused to fix things that went wrong and our boss kept giving her shit about her mistakes over the past few years, while I had to clean up all her fuck ups. Now she's leaving, so I finally get the other half of the department I have been asking for since she's clueless. I was already doing the financial half, and now I get the other part to fix this place.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Got Brown and Dean through their first Gauntlet challenge..... of course they both killed me not knowing what arrows to shoot, but luckily we got through all that shit.

Still a shit ton more to do this week. Titan has normal raid, still have all 3 prestige raids, still haven't done new raid lair, haven't finished any flashpoint, heroic strikes, crucible or Clan XP. Plus the next steps in the questlines for the exotic weapons.

Only shit I completed was 3 nightfalls, 3 Argos kills, 2 normal raids.
jloco11

Postby thebigb59 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:13 pm

jloco11 wrote:The grind is definitely real in this DLC. New raid lair wants people to be 370 to get in, and the boss is 380 power level.

Most people can barely get to 360, let alone 370. I look on my friends list, and I'm easily one of the highest leveled players, while the overwhelming majority are stuck in the 345-359 area. At best, I can try the raid lair tonight and get to the boss.... I know nobody can beat it, but getting to the boss will be an accomplishment at this point.

Brown, Vexed, KY, Rip, Dean and a few other cast of characters are playing, so hopefully I can get them high enough to jump into the raid lair with me. That's a far different look than Haytred, Smelly, Bike, Sky & Junky!

Play Elite Dangerous, the grind is very very real in that game
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I was up until 2am on this new fucking raid. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goddamn hard finding a team that can do their parts to this boss fight, and that group could certainly do it..... but 1-2 brainfarts will fuck up this raid lair real fast.

I don't know who was smoking at Bungie when they created this raid lair, but they made the LONGEST fucking mechanic to unlock the boss damage phase. It's insane the amount of work needed just to damage the boss.

Look at the comparisons:

Atheon - Kill ads, randomly teleport. Shoot oracles while other team opens portal back up. That's it, do damage!
Crota - Kill ads, kill the sword bearer. Fire rockets at Crota and swing the sword to kill him.
Oryx - Staged damage, so this is more of a sequence. Jump on platforms, runner climbs to ceiling... we all shoot Oryx afterwards and survive shadow realm
Aksis - Kill ads, kill cannon captain. Shoot your elemental cannon at correct servitor to unlock basketball. Throw basketballs at Aksis
Calus - Kill ads, 3 people stay in shadow room calling symbols. Other 3 punch psions to unlock damage phase
Argos - Cook craniums of the correct element. Fire all charged craniums at elemental orbs to damage Argos

Now Val Ca'uor, is just bullshit:

Kill ads, a ball will randomly spawn to a plate. Pass the ball to all 6 members to remove debuff
Kill more ads, hop on plates to send 1 plate to scout symbols in space
Cook 2 balls to arm them by standing on 3 plates and hitting corresponding symbols that 1 person saw in space
Cook 2 more balls & have other players on plates. Randomly assigned thrower(s), will go to space to kill the symbols they see
3 balls will spawn which players have to juggle to prevent death by debuff
Throw the 3 balls at the boss when his initiates his Final Stand animation. FINALLY DAMAGE!!!!!

That's a simplified version which looks like just 6 steps, but it's far more complex running the shit
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Warlock is 385, Hunter is a chest piece away from 385.............. Titan hasn't even been used yet this week, but will probably also get close to 385. Still have a shit ton more to play this week. Titan has done nothing, so I need everything on that character.

Hunter needs Prestige Leviathan, Spire up to the boss, Flashpoint & Escalation Protocol..................and Iron Banner if I even find the time.
Warlock needs Prestige Leviathan, heroic strikes, flashpoint, Call to Arms (which i can do in Iron Banner).
Titan needs: Normal & Prestige Leviath, Argos, Spire, Heroic strikes, Nightfall, Flashpoints, Escalation Protocol, Call To Arms (Iron Banner).

I have a long weekend ahead of me. Good thing I have Monday off, which will be for Flashpoints.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Since it sounds like Sky wants to return to the game now that there is a decent amount of content to play per week............ in case you read this, these are the steps to ranking up quickly.

- Get to level 30 before playing any story. Public events, Adventures, strikes etc................... trust me, this will help rank up much faster
- At level 30, spend as many vendor tokens as possible. EDZ, Vanguard, Crucible to rank up
- Run the campaigns, since you didn't do Curse of Osiris.
-*** Curse of Osiris has 12 Forge weapon quests that are relatively short. Each one of these weapons will drop at your light level, so it's a good way to rank up by obtaining a Forge quest and just collecting the stuff as you play. No need to stop what you're doing to get these, you get the pieces just playing the game***

- The game has a 345 soft cap right now. Once you hit the soft cap, do milestones like Nightfall, Heroic strikes, flashpoint, Call to Arms
- Run the old raids to get high drops

Rinse and repeat the following week :lol:
jloco11

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts