Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

HAYTRED wrote:I did a quick normal raid last night.
fucking J.
2.5 hour quick normal raid.

And the reason I kept dying on the gauntlet was the John dude didn't want to listen.
"you shoot one way, I'll shoot the other"
Meanwhile, I get killed from the back.
Oh, I'll shoot the other way.
Shoot the other way, get shot from his side.
Meanwhile, I'm underleveled and having no issues killing my ADS.

Teleport.
In there with 2 people, not using the coldheart.

My biggest issue, not remembering how to crouch.
LMAO
Scions in the teleport, were still one burst.

Probably should have bought some guns in the tower.
Bumped up all my armor, like 4 light levels and guns 4 levels.
Just to give myself a little bump.
Unfortunately, all my characters have like 7 primary weapons.
so well, back to bumping up all 7.

Initially I had a 6th who had raided with us before, but then he said his wife was giving him shit. I turned down a 7th person, because I thought I had a 6th. When I told him we had a spot, he already found another team.

Vexed them invited John, who I was trying to avoid knowing he hadn't done the raid. Sure enough, he's in the fucking party and I was messaging an 8th person who I knew beat the raid a few times. Hence, 2.5 hours.

Luckily he wasn't horrible to the point of kicking. Most of the time it's me explaining shit. Gauntlets take forever to explain, since it's the most confusing.

At least you got a 335 item that you can't equip until level 25 :mrgreen:
jloco11

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 pm

yup, few more weeks of raids and i'll be able to equipped my new helmet...
that I infused.
into my moon helmet.
so now I can't use my moon helmet. HAHA
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Postby jloco11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm

HAYTRED wrote:yup, few more weeks of raids and i'll be able to equipped my new helmet...
that I infused.
into my moon helmet.
so now I can't use my moon helmet. HAHA

10 public events, and you will be level 25. That's what I did before starting the campaign, and my light levels flew like a motherfucker.
jloco11

Postby HAYTRED » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:11 pm

I'll start on my warlock today.
That was a great story they added for the DLC. ;-)

Actually, i'll log back on my hunter and do my 3 strikes.
Then maybe I'll do call to arms...without a care in the world.
Then take a break to do some fishing.
And then log on as my warlock.

Think I'll pretty much have a half day the next 2 fridays.
22nd I'm off for my anniversary of being birthed.
Today I need to go get stitches out of my eye. Was going to leave and come back, but I have vacation time.

Got the red death hand cannon and the hunter boots.
Need to get a higher autorifle
I'll also have to clear some vault space, because well, I aint got much room.
Was just deleting armor pieces last night that I was holding on to.
Was collecting sets, but I never change my gear, so that's kind of pointless. LOL
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Postby jloco11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm

We just need to win 1 crucible game together for that other engram, so that can be for the weekend.

I finished the story now on all 3 characters. Titan & Warlock did 4/5 luminous engrams (crucible remaining). Hunter did only the Flashpoint & Clan XP. Still need Nightfall and 3 Heroic strikes (and crucible), plus a normal raid.

Today at 1pm, the Raid Lair opens up. I'll wait to see how people beat that shit, and then knock the motherfucker out tomorrow. Wifey is gone all day at a baby shower then a b-day party at night, so I have all day for gaming.

For the Prestige raid, might as well glitch that whole thing tomorrow to get the drops.
jloco11

Postby IRISnGEN » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 pm

J, i'm still at 305, haven't played since WW2 released, but if i have time this weekend, i'll try to level up and see where you're at in regards to jumping in with you.
IRISnGEN
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby jloco11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 pm

IRISnGEN wrote:J, i'm still at 305, haven't played since WW2 released, but if i have time this weekend, i'll try to level up and see where you're at in regards to jumping in with you.

Did you get the season pass and DLC? You need to have the DLC to be able to advance further in the game now.
jloco11

Postby IRISnGEN » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:10 pm

I just gotta drop the $ into the store, i'm just going to get the Osiris DLC for now
IRISnGEN
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby jloco11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Xur is selling Promethean Lens! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Bungie knew they fucked up and gave us the gun for the weekend so that we're all overpowered. That's brilliant.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 am

Always interesting to raid with LFG groups, because you learn new things, and I certainly took some good info from my final raid lair. It was a smooth run, an hour 19 minutes, but the majority of that was fucking waiting and explaining stuff to a new person and me trying to get all the rings.

Things I learned:

- Reactor steps do not need to break people into teams aside from the 1 area where the steps split up. For the last 2 sections, the leader just jumped on the next available platform and everyone followed. It was a little awkward jumping past people, but it made sense once you made the jumps. So next time through, all we need to do is have the leader jump to the next available platform.

- Rings are really easy once you know that there are 3 on 1 side, and 3 on the other. You should hit 3 rings on the way down as long as people split up and take sides.

- Phase 1 of the boss fight, with shooting crystals... the next section always goes to the left/clockwise. Once it picks the first location, you will always know the next location... so we don't need to leave 3 people on each plate for ad control. If we know which plate is first, and which is last, we can rotate people to have 2 on 1 plate............even though Rip handled her own like a champ during that part.

- You can have 9 weapons active at 1 time. Charge up 3, pick them up as weapons. Charge the 3 you need to open the boss, and since you picked up the first 3 as weapons... put the final set on the plate.
jloco11

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts