MW3 Lag proof video

MW3 Lag proof video

Postby Pauly » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I know almost all of you know me as the guy who loves BF and hates COD. I do have my legitimate reasons to dislike COD even though most of you rather not listen to them (cough GG) xD Either way, I bought MW3 so I could play wiht friends who decided to buy it and in the first day of me playing it, ( I got it on a Thursday after launch) I ran into nothing but lag. I hope this video shows you the of the reasons I dislike COD.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: MW3 Lag proof video

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

I've had issues like that in bf3 too, the beta was particularly bad for me with regard to hit detection, I noticed it less in the retail release but it was still there for my first 3 games. Maybe it's my network setup, I don't get that many issues, I die because I know I can respawn in 2 seconds so I just run around like an idiot on mw3.

The bit where the guy died and you didn't aim at him I don't get it? Even in real life war-zones plenty of people die when hit by bullets from guns that weren't aimed at them?
deathbynumbers

Postby Pauly » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 pm

deathbynumbers wrote:I've had issues like that in bf3 too, the beta was particularly bad for me with regard to hit detection, I noticed it less in the retail release but it was still there for my first 3 games. Maybe it's my network setup, I don't get that many issues, I die because I know I can respawn in 2 seconds so I just run around like an idiot on mw3.

The bit where the guy died and you didn't aim at him I don't get it? Even in real life war-zones plenty of people die when hit by bullets from guns that weren't aimed at them?

I understand real life situations like that, but in a 1 on 1 moment like that where I consistently don't hit him it makes me think lag is more the culprit than anything else. I also can't take any real life situations like that and apply them to COD because bullet ricochet doesn't happen in this game enough to be a factor.

I haven't had too many laggy moments in BF3 honestly. Even playing in the EU servers I don't seem to lag as much as I do when playing MW3. I am hardwired to my Router which I understand dilutes bandwidth, but not enough to make me lag like I am. This video is just one match, I played the game for over 5 hours lagging. I was playing by myself at this point so I didn't have a party host from another country like I usually do. I don't understand why it either couldn't give me host or why it wouldn't choose the best host for all. What was even worse is that it showed me having 3 bars the entire match. I played a bit yesterday but I still ran into the same lag. It isn't a lot but enough to get me killed. Especially against SMGs. I know I am better at COD than it shows. I have a .7 KD. I'm not much of a stat guy but comparign them to every other COD I played it is low. I usually sit around 1.10 to 1.40. There is something other than the lack of skill that is hindering me.

My other main gripe is the SMGs and how they have been transformed into god weapons. I don't understand how my Assault rifle which has more power than your SMG can kill me even when I shoot you first, am hitting you from distance in the body, and I still die.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:27 pm

I just had the laggiest game ever, I did well, but damn that was impressive lag! It's in my online vault no.9 Carbon if any one is interested haha might put some clips from it up.
deathbynumbers

Postby Pauly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:10 am

deathbynumbers wrote:I just had the laggiest game ever, I did well, but damn that was impressive lag! It's in my online vault no.9 Carbon if any one is interested haha might put some clips from it up.

I am interested in seeing them if you wouldn't mind. Always in for a good laggy match. Probably should start a thread about post your laggy moments or something.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby gigitygigity » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am

Pauly wrote:I know almost all of you know me as the guy who loves BF and hates COD. I do have my legitimate reasons to dislike COD even though most of you rather not listen to them (cough GG) xD Either way, I bought MW3 so I could play wiht friends who decided to buy it and in the first day of me playing it, ( I got it on a Thursday after launch) I ran into nothing but lag. I hope this video shows you the of the reasons I dislike COD.

Thanks for the mention.

First off. I've not played FFA so haven't come across too many corner campers but will agree. WTF was with that lobby?

Secondly I agree with most of the things you said in that commentary, lag is brutal, hit detection inconsistent and you didn't even get the little 'mini freeze' problem where the game virtually hangs for a second or two (you'd love that). I guess the main difference though for me is that it's still fun to play. Would it be better without these problems? Undoubtedly. But 30 hours of game time on it and for the most part it's been enjoyable.

Still now that I have BF3 at home I'll be able to play a real game! LOL
gigitygigity

Postby Pauly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 pm

gigitygigity wrote:
Pauly wrote:I know almost all of you know me as the guy who loves BF and hates COD. I do have my legitimate reasons to dislike COD even though most of you rather not listen to them (cough GG) xD Either way, I bought MW3 so I could play wiht friends who decided to buy it and in the first day of me playing it, ( I got it on a Thursday after launch) I ran into nothing but lag. I hope this video shows you the of the reasons I dislike COD.

Thanks for the mention.

First off. I've not played FFA so haven't come across too many corner campers but will agree. WTF was with that lobby?

Secondly I agree with most of the things you said in that commentary, lag is brutal, hit detection inconsistent and you didn't even get the little 'mini freeze' problem where the game virtually hangs for a second or two (you'd love that). I guess the main difference though for me is that it's still fun to play. Would it be better without these problems? Undoubtedly. But 30 hours of game time on it and for the most part it's been enjoyable.

That you will be able to. Like I said, it is all preference. I don't know if I ran into into the mini freeze problem or not in other matches. would have to go back and look. if I don' t remember it, I probably didn't.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmDUgygC ... ata_player

Can't embed it as I'm on my iPod, I'll change it later. It's just a few clips uploaded from theater, bonus points if you can actually see the last guy who I killed. This isn't exactly how I saw it, it's strange to see how it's been handled lol it's pretty close though!
deathbynumbers

Postby Pauly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 pm

deathbynumbers wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmDUgygCZTo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can't embed it as I'm on my iPod, I'll change it later. It's just a few clips uploaded from theater, bonus points if you can actually see the last guy who I killed. This isn't exactly how I saw it, it's strange to see how it's been handled lol it's pretty close though!

That was hilarious. I loved the knife when you were about 20 feet away. I love lag when it does things like that.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby gigitygigity » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Pauly wrote:
gigitygigity wrote:

Thanks for the mention.

That you will be able to. Like I said, it is all preference. I don't know if I ran into into the mini freeze problem or not in other matches. would have to go back and look. if I don' t remember it, I probably didn't.

No, you'd know for sure. It looks like the game hangs, but then continues after a second or two.
gigitygigity

Return to MW3 Community Videos