Headbanger's Guide #10 Part 2 - 8 To Go!

Headbanger's Guide #10 Part 2 - 8 To Go!

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:26 am

So, a few months ago I made a Megadeth guide, and it's about time I finished it. No more BS, lets get on with it!

Track 9 - Symphony of Destruction
The perfect slow-paced song. Not exactly a ballad, but not exactly fast enough to be perfectly thrashy. Whether you like it or not, you know this song is kickass! Wicked guitar, chilling singing, and basic drums that work perfectly to create this masterpiece! Definitely recommended!

Track 10 - Train of Consequences
Another Ratt or KISS-sounding song. It's okay, I like the way it's set up, the guitar is pretty similar to A Tout Le Monde, and same goes for singing. The drum beat is pretty cool, kind of funky, almost like a jazz beat. Hell, you could almost dance to this if you wanted to! It's a pretty sweet song, but I wouldn't exactly listen to it excessively.

Track 11 - Wake Up Dead
This song sounds like a crappy version of This Day We Fight, or She-Wolf, which both are much better. There's just not enough linear points in the song. It's very much like a Prog metal song, which Megadeth definitely couldn't achieve. They are thrash, stick to it. Although, the middle is pretty cool I must admit.

Track 12 - Hangar 18
No matter how many times I listen to it, it's a song I cannot grasp. What is it about this song that makes it popular? What about it makes it feel so powerful? It's very much a La Villa Strangiato, where the sounds are a little flipped around here and there. The bass is pretty loud and I like that a lot, the guitar is really epic most of the time, and the singing melodies are actually really cool. But I still can't say this song is exactly their best, or really unique. It's not bad still, but not amazing.

Track 13 - Dread & The Fugitive Mind
Very much a Sweating Bullets alternative, that works extremely well! Drums are perfect, guitar is definitely powerful, and when everything stops so the singer can be emphasized, it really brings chills and its extremely effective. I like this song a lot, but again, a song that I can't listen to often.

Track 14 - Skin O' My Teeth
Queue drum solo! Fucking eh! I think I honestly have to say this is probably my favorite fast-paced song! Really wicked, with plenty of riffs, cool drums with some thrash rhythm guitar coming along with it, and absolutely fantastic vocals! I could headbang to this all day! Excellent song!

Track 15 - She-Wolf
Not to be outdone, however, there are some other songs that can't NOT be mentioned. This song, is so amazing, so perfect, and so difficult to explain why. The images that rush through your head when you listen to this piece is exactly what you'd expect from a metal concert. Sweet guitar, bass, drums, and the singing is possibly its best yet! This song, cannot, I repeat, CANNOT be missed out on!

Track 16 - Prince of Darkness
Here's the thing, everyone says that this song ruined Megadeth's career, changed thrash, and was just terrible. I'm here, to tell those people, to go fuck themselves. This song, is absolutely awesome! Sure, it changed thrash, but for the better! It shows that even a band as big as Megadeth can change their mindset on a song and still sound kickass! The guitar and singing are definitely emphasized in this song, like most Megadeth classics. The drums are linear, good, and the song didn't go full-out with crazy antics inside, something that Peace Sells seemed to have. How can you hate it? It's a great song, and I wish more people gave it more respect. It's definitely no Caress of Steel...

Jeez, I've made too many Rush references this guide... I gotta start listening to them again..

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this guide, and until next time, farewell! :-D
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Re: Headbanger's Guide #10 Part 2 - 8 To Go!

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:48 am

A7XDrumCovers wrote:Jeez, I've made too many Rush references this guide...
Heresy! Come on now, we both know You Can't Fight It. I do the Best I Can under the Circumstances but there's not even a Ghost of a Chance, even for a New World Man like me. It's just Second Nature now. I mean, it's Rush, they're always going to be in the Limelight, or at least I Hope so. But as long as you give a Distant Early Warning, I can't see anybody Losing It over your references and sparking up a Witch Hunt, but prepare Passage to Bangkok just in case. There's really nothing wrong with What You're Doing, it takes a lot of Bravado to keep Rush references under Lock and Key. That's just How it Is, You Bet Your Life. For What It's Worth, I personally (along with Half the World) would Hope that you Stick it Out, ignore the Tears and give us another 2112 references.

Xanadu.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Headbanger's Guide #10 Part 2 - 8 To Go!

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 am

Musashi1596 wrote:
A7XDrumCovers wrote:Jeez, I've made too many Rush references this guide...
Heresy! Come on now, we both know You Can't Fight It. I do the Best I Can under the Circumstances but there's not even a Ghost of a Chance, even for a New World Man like me. It's just Second Nature now. I mean, it's Rush, they're always going to be in the Limelight, or at least I Hope so. But as long as you give a Distant Early Warning, I can't see anybody Losing It over your references and sparking up a Witch Hunt, but prepare Passage to Bangkok just in case. There's really nothing wrong with What You're Doing, it takes a lot of Bravado to keep Rush references under Lock and Key. That's just How it Is, You Bet Your Life. For What It's Worth, I personally (along with Half the World) would Hope that you Stick it Out, ignore the Tears and give us another 2112 references.

Xanadu.

*Gives standing ovation*
I think just for that, this calls for another Rush guide. :-D
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Return to Music