Headbanger's Guide #10 - It's.... EVEN?!

Headbanger's Guide #10 - It's.... EVEN?!

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 pm

The votes were in, and it turns out that it was a three way tie.

So, I decided which one would be the best to do of the three. At first I was going to do a System of a Down album, but then I figured I already did System in a previous guide. Then I wanted to try Slipknot, but I haven't exactly heard an entire album yet.

So I moved over to Thrash Metal... Something that is pretty big to begin with. Finally, I found the perfect idea.

We will be taking a look at a Megadeth best-of Album :-D

The album was released on June 28th, 2005. It included 16 classics from several previous albums, all on one great disc. Some songs are good, other are decent, and Megadeth is definitely a band with lots of open reception. Some fans can love Prince of Darkness, while others could hate it. There's lots of debate over which song is their best song, but most come to the conclusion that its either Symphony of Destruction, or Hangar 18.

I have my own personal recommendations to this album that I feel would be great to share with you guys. Because the album is so long, I am making two parts, and I'm not going to explain in great amount of detail this time around. But, I will tell you how I feel personally and what can be noted about each song.

Track 1 - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Oh gosh... Right off the bat were hitting gold! An excellent song, filled with epic guitar, some balanced drums, and some wicked vocals. Not much else is explainable. There's a great balance of fast paced goodness, and slow paced "breakdowns". Definitely needed to be heard!

Track 2 - In My Darkest Hour
Meh. This song has a good mid section, but the beginning and end is just before terrible. The singing isn't greatly emphasized here, but what's more interesting is the drums and guitar. Very... "Contradicting" of each other, it feels like.

Track 3 - Peace Sells
Pretty decent, actually. This song is another big classic, but I'm not honestly a huge fan of it, although that doesn't mean I don't like it. The guitar is really quite Ratt or KISS in style in the beginning, taking a very slow start to a thrashy finish. Everything feels very well balanced, and the song is very well put together. It comes and goes.

Track 4 - Sweating Bullets
Don't like this song?! You better stay an inch or two outta kicking distance! This is my favourite song! Absolutely wonderfully well made, every guitar note, every kick on the bass drum, and every lyric, is absolutely flawless and epic as hell! Outstanding song, a must for any metal fan anywhere!

Track 5 - Angry Again
This song also comes and goes. It's got a great execution, and the high pitched sound of the guitar and singing really changes the look of Megadeth. It is relatable to the song "Night Lies" by Bang Camaro, which sounds similar, although Angry again came first. Vocals are really sweet in this song, and the drums is pretty mellow, which I sometimes enjoy in Thrash songs.

Track 6 - A Tout Le Monde
This is a favourite by many fans, but not me! It's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it amazing. The verses are kind of boring, and the vocals kind of drag on at that part, along with the drums. The chorus is powerful though! I think that's why most people love this song, is because the chorus is really really good here, unlike most Megadeth songs where it's generally even with its goodness.

Track 7 - Trust
One of my all time favourites once again! It's a common song they open with, along with Holy Wars. The intro, and the chorus are really strong, while the verses make you anticipate what is coming up. The guitar is grungy, but also light. The drums are linear, but still complex. The vocals, are just generally phenomenal. I definitely recommend this song, especially because of its unique sound.

Track 8 - Kill The King
Another decent song. I really like how it plays out. The guitar, and drums work together, similar to the recently made Sudden Death. Lots of emphasis on them too, which I love. The song somewhat drags on though. That being said, it's still catchy regardless.

Catch part 2 coming soon! Then, guide 11 will have something exciting coming up. Until then, farewell.
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Re: Headbanger's Guide #10 - It's.... EVEN?!

Postby EpicPineapple » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Megadeth is great, guide was well done too.
My favorite song from them is Peace Sells, though they have made a lot of excellent songs.
EpicPineapple
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Re: Headbanger's Guide #10 - It's.... EVEN?!

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 am

EpicPineapple wrote:Megadeth is great, guide was well done too.
My favorite song from them is Peace Sells, though they have made a lot of excellent songs.

Thank you :-)
And yea, they have a lot of great songs. Haven't heard the new album, but might do a guide on it when I get it!
I might try to do Th1rt3en as well.
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Return to Music