MW2 Remastered

MW2 Remastered

Postby Jimbob1337 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Having heard all the rumors and shit about this game, and the potential for it to be on PS+, how many PGz guys would actually want to play it, and what do you guys think will have been changed in the remaster?
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Re: MW2 Remastered

Postby a3grlmreaper » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:33 pm

I kind of question the validity of this game.

It pops on the radar a few months ago with (if I remember) a supposed "leak" listing appearing on European Amazon months before Black Ops 4 has even released. Then rumors start flying it's going to be campaign only, then it just completely drops off out of existence for a few months. Absolutely nothing mentioned about it again. Now we're getting close to the end of the 1st quarter of 2019, where everyone knows Infinity Ward is making the 2019 COD, and suddenly it pops back up again with supposedly a leaked rating in the European version of ESRB.

It's also shady that we don't have multiple sources for either leak. Everyone is just writing articles based off the same source, since both listings were conveniently taken down before anyone else could verify. Someone just happened to be on both these sites at just the right time to see some incompetent employee accidentally put up something that doesn't release for 8 months, but before the brief window closes where the mistake is realized and it gets taken down. They just so happened to thread the needle at the perfect time to see the listing.......

I guess we will see when E3 rolls around, but right now the whole thing just reeks of Viral Internet Hoax
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Jimbob1337 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Honestly, I hope it is true, as it would probably be played a lot more than BO4 is currently. If IW supported it too with new game modes like Prop Hunt etc it could be a viable community. If it is campaign only I doubt people will touch it.
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:51 am

And you probably just hit it dead on with the latter.

I probably would play it since I've never played the MW2 campaign. I rolled in on Black Ops for my first COD, then I got COD4 on a sale, but I've never played W@W or MW2.

Campaign only seemed like a silly idea until BO4 dropped without one. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they're planning to push another Battle Royale with a Remastered MW2 campaign just so they can go to the people complaining that there isn't one and go "See! We included a campaign!"
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Jimbob1337 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:57 pm

MWR is the PS+ game this month, not MW2R as I assumed. Its going to be weird going from BO4 to COD4 once it downloads. Only played the campaign back on 360 a few years back, so MP should be interesting.

Anyone else going to be online for a sesh?
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby Ult_MPX » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 am

I've only played COD4's Campaign on PS3.

I'll give multiplayer a shot since I haven't played a modern FPS since MW3.
PSN ID: Ult_MPX
Ult_MPX
Private
Private

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Really not sure if I want to back to it. I miss the old days with it, but it's changed so much and doesn't really have the same draw.

Also so much for it being a bundle exclusive.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:22 am

Activision be like that sometimes.

Give them credit, they bumped Infinite Warfare sales with it. I played that PoS once out of curiosity and never even thought about putting it in a 2nd time. Once they figured they got all the money they could with that, roll it out on its own to get mo money from the hard holdouts who really wanted it.

Its a kind of genius you almost have to respect. They know how to max their profits.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:34 pm

I'd play MW2, if only they left it as MW2!

I downloaded COD4 remastered as the PS+ game.......... logged in and saw loot boxes and logged off. That's not the COD4 I remember, we played MONTHS on that shit without fucking loot boxes.
jloco11

Postby Jimbob1337 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:59 pm

jloco11 wrote:I'd play MW2, if only they left it as MW2!

I downloaded COD4 remastered as the PS+ game.......... logged in and saw loot boxes and logged off. That's not the COD4 I remember, we played MONTHS on that shit without fucking loot boxes.

Don't get me wrong, the loot system is far better than how AW, BO3 and BO4 all did their loot. But the simple fact that they felt they HAD to add loot into a game to make it profitable defies belief.

It works a lot like Infinite BS and WW2 did, where you earn currency and buy gear, or get gear out of drops. I still say that WW2 had the best CoD loot system, which is telling since SHG brought in the loot system and clearly learned from their mistakes.

The one thing I have seen is that no matter which mode you go in, the game is infested with snipers and M16 users, all running Stopping Power. Getting killed in 1-2 shots, then getting killed by a chopper 7 times is not my idea of fun.
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Next

Return to Gaming News