Bethesda Facing Lawsuit Over Fallout 76 Bugs

Re: Bethesda Facing Lawsuit Over Fallout 76 Bugs

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Huh, I wasn't aware they only had a fraction of the time to make New Vegas.

That does explain why it felt like a Fallout 3 Extension Disc rather than a new and independent game.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Huh, I wasn't aware they only had a fraction of the time to make New Vegas.

That does explain why it felt like a Fallout 3 Extension Disc rather than a new and independent game.

Yep, when contracted by Bethesda, they kept an open ended date since they needed to learn what needed to be done for Fallout since it was only released in 2008. They initially asked for 3 years and Bethesda basically said "Let's play it by ear to see what you need"............ implying they could get more time.

Bethesda did the opposite, and instead announced the game 2009 for a 2010 release date. Obsidian founder Chris Jones mentioned that they found out the release date, 2 days before Bethesda announced it! Ultimately it was an 18 month deadline for a company who knew nothing about Fallout.

That's not the worst part......Bethesda added a bonus to their contract tied to their Metacritic score. They missed the score by 1 point, so the bonus they thought they would get to pay all the overtime needed to get the game done in 18 months was missed.

And the main reason why it was missed.... Zenimax (which owns Bethesda), also funds 3 websites at the time that went into the Metacritic reviews. All 3 websites, had Vegas under the 86 point thresshold. If all 3 of those websites would have rated the game 87 or higher, Obsidian would have hit the bonus threshold.

And people might say, that the websites were being honest right? They were being objective. They released their scores 3 weeks after the game released!!!! So they knew the impact of their scores. Needless to say, Obsidian has never worked with Bethesda again and recently was purchased by Microsoft. Their next game? A direct competitor to Fallout, which launched their trailer last night.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 pm

jloco11 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:You know what's funny.......... how long have I been saying Bethesda is a shit company? I mean, I did HFC #150 back in 2013!!!!!

It takes a shitty game, to see how horrible they really are. It takes 1 bad game to see what a dishonest bunch of lying sacks of shit run that company. But because Skyrim was "great", they got a pass for years.

The reason why Skyrim was "great", was because other games hadn't really entered that genre yet. Think about it, what game offered what Skyrim or Fallout offered? Games only did parts of what the games offered, like Mass Effect, GTA4, Assassins Creed etc.

Now, how many games offer open world games, with multiple choices and directions a game can go in. GTA5, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn................. to a much lesser extent the Division and the non shitty LOTR game before microtransactions ruined the sequel. All these companies surpassed Bethesda, and they never changed. Rolled out the same buggy garbage as before, expecting their reputation to carry them, while bilking gamers just as badly as some of the worst offenders like EA.

Good, the company deserves to be sued, and I hope to fuck it bankrupts this morally bankrupt shitfest of a company.
Skyrim was never great. It was a mediocre game and I was saying that at the time of release. To this day I do not understand the positive reception. I personally began to dislike Bethesda as a company with the release of New Vegas and the atrocious job they did of keeping it functioning.

Anyway, this continues to get worse! To the point of utter absurdity.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... nformation

New Vegas though came from Obsidian. Matter of fact, Bethesda Publishing (not the studio), only gave Obsidian 18 months to make New Vegas. Meanwhile, Fallout games usually get 30+ months.

Just another reason to want to kick the shit out of the people who run the company.
That's the thing. I like New Vegas, it's the best of the modern Fallouts. Story, quest design, etc, all fantastic. A lot of he Obsidian team worked on the original games so there were lots of callouts to them that the other games lacked, which I loved. I'm a big fan of Obsidian in general. Ultimately crippled by Bethesda's insistence on rushing it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:49 am

And we're back at it again. Now Bethesda is assigning extra homework to anyone using Mods in Fallout 76 https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/12/26 ... dtZIOu7GiI
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 pm

And now, the core premise of the game has stopped working
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:17 pm

If only the key people of the company stopped working and were fucking fired for their incompetence.
jloco11

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

jloco11 wrote:If only the key people of the company stopped working and were fucking fired for their incompetence.

Any idea where I should send my resume?

They've gotta have the greatest job security in the world :mrgreen:
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Gaming News