Bethesda Facing Lawsuit Over Fallout 76 Bugs

Bethesda Facing Lawsuit Over Fallout 76 Bugs

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11/27 ... fallout-76

The gaming industry has always been the wild west. With the exception of the ESRB rating system, developers have been pretty much free to do whatever they want, and as we've seen they've been inching out more and more to see exactly how much they can get away with, and it looks like they're finally starting to hit the end of the rope.

With Activision taking heavy heat from the community for gutting the first Destiny then selling the rest of the game as DLC, followed by EA getting a legal investigation on their Battlefront 2 microtransactions possibly violating gambling laws, and now Bethesda is the latest to get a nut-check-kick with a potential class action suit for rolling out a buggy, broken game to rein in their shenanigans.

If we're lucky, they'll go to court and lose and set a precedent for all developers to end the current epidemic of launching unfinished games.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Re: Bethesda Facing Lawsuit Over Fallout 76 Bugs

Postby jloco11 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:17 pm

I would never buy a Bethesda game, but I would gladly jump on a class action lawsuit as a character witness to bitch about their shit products :lol:
jloco11

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 pm

So the good idea fairy keeps visiting Bethesda. One of the major game breaking problems with Fallout 76 is every player gets 400 storage units... total. For those who haven't played 76, Bethesda made the game in their "Survival" mode from previous games, so you have to worry about food, water, sleep, disease, and ammo weight.

Which means you have to divide that 400 storage between food, water, medical supplies, weapons, ammo, clothing, armor, and crafting material (which you need for base building and repairing weapons and armor) and to top everything off, a full suit of power armor is going to take up almost 100 storage when not being worn (roughly 1/4 of your total storage for one suit) So needless to say, this is nowhere near enough, and it is a very heavy burden on the players to work with.

But don't worry, next month they're going to boost that up to 600 storage, and then they'll raise it further and an unknown date... because doing it all at once just doesn't make any fucking sense.

It sucks because the game itself actually is quite a bit of fun to play, but damn they had some dumb assholes making decisions on this project. Apparently they are incapable of basic math and adding things together to realize uh hey.. all this stuff you need to be successful, when you start adding it up you get to 400 pretty damn quick.

The only way I can guess they decided on 400 is that's the highest any of them can count. Maybe they had 20 people in a room, and they all started counting their fingers and toes to decide how much storage the players should have.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:12 am

And the punches keep on rolling. As if it's not enough to drop soap on the actual game, Bethesda goes above and beyond by shitting on everyone who paid $200 for their Power Armor Edition.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... 6-bag-gate

Promising a decent quality canvas duffle bag with the game, the good executives of Bethesda decided those were too expensive, and instead shipped out a cheap nylon bag....... without even thinking of giving the people who ordered it a heads up to the audible they called.

But don't worry because they are going to make it up to everyone by giving them 500 atoms in their micro-transaction in-game store , A $5 DOLLAR VALUE!! YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT! $5 IN FREE MICRO-TRANSACTIONS! JUST ENOUGH TO BUY A TRUCKER CAP WITH A VAULT 76 LOGO TO WEAR IN GAME
Spoiler: show

BUT ONLY IF YOU GAVE US $200

I just cant even believe it anymore. This game might just be the biggest Triple A Epic Fail in all of gaming history. Every time I try to somewhat defend these fuckers, they turn right around and another article of stupid shit scrolls by on my Facebook feed. It's like that idiot childhood friend we all had growing up: You and me are tight, I like you, but holy fuck I need you to stop doing dumb shit for 3 damn seconds, why are you incapable of that?

I'm having a hell of a lot of fun playing this game. My experience with other players has actually been surprisingly good. In an open world, RPG shooter, the community is surprisingly non-toxic. When I first started playing, I went above and beyond to avoid other players because I thought it was going to be like a GTA Open Lobby, where if I see you, I'm going to shoot you just because I can. But it isn't like that. Anytime you run into another player, there's just a presumption that we're cool. You do your thing, I do mine and hey, why don't we team up and then doing things is easier for all of us.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 am

Bethesda have really messed up here, they've made it clear they only really care about money at this point. Customer service? What's that? So I wonder if this behaviour will impact the sales of their future ventures. Hard to tell, but EA suffered recently and realised they can't simply act with impunity so Bethesda should consider being smarter about this and taking more responsibility.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm

You know what's funny.......... how long have I been saying Bethesda is a shit company? I mean, I did HFC #150 back in 2013!!!!!

It takes a shitty game, to see how horrible they really are. It takes 1 bad game to see what a dishonest bunch of lying sacks of shit run that company. But because Skyrim was "great", they got a pass for years.

The reason why Skyrim was "great", was because other games hadn't really entered that genre yet. Think about it, what game offered what Skyrim or Fallout offered? Games only did parts of what the games offered, like Mass Effect, GTA4, Assassins Creed etc.

Now, how many games offer open world games, with multiple choices and directions a game can go in. GTA5, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn................. to a much lesser extent the Division and the non shitty LOTR game before microtransactions ruined the sequel. All these companies surpassed Bethesda, and they never changed. Rolled out the same buggy garbage as before, expecting their reputation to carry them, while bilking gamers just as badly as some of the worst offenders like EA.

Good, the company deserves to be sued, and I hope to fuck it bankrupts this morally bankrupt shitfest of a company.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:54 am

jloco11 wrote:You know what's funny.......... how long have I been saying Bethesda is a shit company? I mean, I did HFC #150 back in 2013!!!!!

It takes a shitty game, to see how horrible they really are. It takes 1 bad game to see what a dishonest bunch of lying sacks of shit run that company. But because Skyrim was "great", they got a pass for years.

The reason why Skyrim was "great", was because other games hadn't really entered that genre yet. Think about it, what game offered what Skyrim or Fallout offered? Games only did parts of what the games offered, like Mass Effect, GTA4, Assassins Creed etc.

Now, how many games offer open world games, with multiple choices and directions a game can go in. GTA5, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn................. to a much lesser extent the Division and the non shitty LOTR game before microtransactions ruined the sequel. All these companies surpassed Bethesda, and they never changed. Rolled out the same buggy garbage as before, expecting their reputation to carry them, while bilking gamers just as badly as some of the worst offenders like EA.

Good, the company deserves to be sued, and I hope to fuck it bankrupts this morally bankrupt shitfest of a company.
Skyrim was never great. It was a mediocre game and I was saying that at the time of release. To this day I do not understand the positive reception. I personally began to dislike Bethesda as a company with the release of New Vegas and the atrocious job they did of keeping it functioning.

Anyway, this continues to get worse! To the point of utter absurdity.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... nformation
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 pm

a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:You know what's funny.......... how long have I been saying Bethesda is a shit company? I mean, I did HFC #150 back in 2013!!!!!

Skyrim was never great. It was a mediocre game and I was saying that at the time of release. To this day I do not understand the positive reception. I personally began to dislike Bethesda as a company with the release of New Vegas and the atrocious job they did of keeping it functioning.

Anyway, this continues to get worse! To the point of utter absurdity.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... nformation

New Vegas though came from Obsidian. Matter of fact, Bethesda Publishing (not the studio), only gave Obsidian 18 months to make New Vegas. Meanwhile, Fallout games usually get 30+ months.

Just another reason to want to kick the shit out of the people who run the company.
jloco11

Next

Return to Gaming News