Sony is real sneaky with September's free games

Sony is real sneaky with September's free games

Postby jloco11 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:12 pm

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08 ... mber-2018/

Sony is rolling out their free games for September, with 1 being Destiny 2 (more on that in a second). GOW3 remastered, Another World Anniversary edition, QUBE, Sparkle 2 & Foul Play round out the group.

But Destiny 2 is the key here. It's actually live now for those interested in playing it, because the game just rolled out the big patch people wanted (yesterday 8/28), Forsaken DLC comes out next Tuesday (9/4)...........AND the free trial of the newest game mode called Gambit happens this Saturday 9/1.

Gambit is going to hook people in real quick because of how fun the shit is, so rolling this out free today was a genius move by Sony. For those interested (since it's free), I do recommend giving D2 a chance at this point. You could just delete the shit afterwards, but the new story is going to reel people in very quickly. I'm on all week to help people rank up and get through the base campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKr9T_L6BlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1KWyDDM2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpz1Fl8pW0o
jloco11

Re: Sony is real sneaky with September's free games

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 am

What is it with games and big updates drawing me back in, No Man Sky, a game I haven't touched in 2 years drew back in with a massive patch, now destiny 2. Guess it will tie me over till spider man and then red dead :-D
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Is it better than the first game or just more of the same?
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Is it better than the first game or just more of the same?

Launch version of D2 was not better than D1. Through 2 DLC's it still wasn't better than D1.

But the new patch that fixes pretty much the entire game, I would say it's on par with how D1 finished, and the DLC with random rolls, hunts, masterwork changes, free flowing gun system etc, will probably make it better. The mechanics of the game have always been fantastic (story and voice acting have been below average at best), and the revenge plot of going after Uldren for killing Cayde is actually pretty damn good fuel for the community to play the game again.

And changes to loot to chase & daily and weekly activities makes the game playable. But if someone didn't like anything about D1, they won't like anything about D2.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks! Solid explanation, might consider giving it a go, will see what happens. Shame about the poor story, always a big thing for me. Having said that I am enjoying a lot of H1Z1 at the moment so it's not essential.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 pm

2 days into the new DLC, finished the main campaign and I must say.... this is Bungie's best work on Destiny in terms of storytelling. Everything across the board was done right this time, from voice acting, to writing, to the tone of the game and elimination of horrible story sequences that meant nothing to the game.

For many, it's 4 years too late. Why couldn't this be done during the D1 launch, will always be the question people ask. But Forsaken is damn good...... the bar is set low for "good" with Destiny, but this is on par with other story driven video games. They got this one right finally.
jloco11

Postby LivingSky » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 am

It just sucks that we had to wait 2 1/2 games for the story to be good. Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day, if bungie makes another good expansion following this one I might come back. But as it stands im not in any rush to get back into the destiny grind for what could be the exception.

On a side note why do I need to buy the last two expansions if I want to buy forsaken.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm

LivingSky wrote:It just sucks that we had to wait 2 1/2 games for the story to be good. Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day, if bungie makes another good expansion following this one I might come back. But as it stands im not in any rush to get back into the destiny grind for what could be the exception.

On a side note why do I need to buy the last two expansions if I want to buy forsaken.

They did that with the Taken King as well, making people have the first 2 shitty DLCs in order to have the Taken King. It's the only way to avoid splitting up the community even further if people don't have all the content.

Shit like missing a nightfall because you didn't buy the prior DLC or not having access to the 2 best guns in the game because they were added to the Warmind DLC only. I think other MMO games just make prior DLCs free, but they add a price tag to it because.................Activision.
jloco11

Return to Gaming News