Destiny 2 trailer for reveal

Re: Destiny 2 trailer for reveal

Postby SmellyUndies » Sat May 20, 2017 3:06 am

jloco11 wrote:
- Crucible was changed to 4v4 for all game modes (fucking MLG bullshit). Every mode will only be a 4v4, no more 6v6 or 3v3... plus 8 man Rumble

What the fuck? Of all the things they could have adjusted in Crucible to make it play better, they chose to fuck up team numbers?
The fuuuuck?

Next you'll tell me raids are like 4 people max + 1 asshole using their iPad to provide support.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby LivingSky » Sat May 20, 2017 3:36 am

SmellyUndies wrote:
jloco11 wrote:
- Crucible was changed to 4v4 for all game modes (fucking MLG bullshit). Every mode will only be a 4v4, no more 6v6 or 3v3... plus 8 man Rumble

What the fuck? Of all the things they could have adjusted in Crucible to make it play better, they chose to fuck up team numbers?
The fuuuuck?

Next you'll tell me raids are like 4 people max + 1 asshole using their iPad to provide support.

I feel that trials will lose ALOT of tension if its 4v4, hell it already felt hectic sometimes with 3 people screaming locations and stuff. now add 1 more voice and 1 more guy to do call out for just makes it annoying
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby SmellyUndies » Sat May 20, 2017 3:43 am

LivingSky wrote:
SmellyUndies wrote:
jloco11 wrote:

The fuuuuck?

I feel that trials will lose ALOT of tension if its 4v4, hell it already felt hectic sometimes with 3 people screaming locations and stuff. now add 1 more voice and 1 more guy to do call out for just makes it annoying

Surely if Trials comes back, there's no way it's 4v4. That just sounds like absolute garbage, that should definitely stay 3v3
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:50 pm

They confirmed during the live event every crucible match is 4v4 including trials. More info will come in the future about the crucible, but you know the only reason they're changing this shit is because they want to get into competitive gaming with 4v4 modes.

Which means, you 2 can carry me AND Haytred now in Trials :mrgreen:
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:44 pm

More Destiny info:

- Subclasses have some major changes. They have "attunements", or styles in how you play the class. Right now we can choose any power in the tree as to how we want to play, but these upgrades are now built into attunements. If you want extra burn damage on a Warlock AND Angel of Light, those powers might be in different attunements. Unlike D1 where they just can't be in the same column, now you can only choose a style of how to play.

- So far all supers, are roaming supers... including the Titan smash. Titan smash now allows up to multiple smashes, but a much smaller radius. However, Titan skating is gone from the game (more on that in a second)

- Melees do significantly less damage in the crucible when shields are up. It takes 2 melees to break a full shield now in the crucible... and only 1 melee to kill them at the health bar. So it requires people to remove shields instead of just punching their way to victory. Warlock melee distance has been lowered from D1, and Titans have an ability to give them longer Tyrannosaurus arms.

- There are no unique jumps (from what the testers saw). They only had a base jump ability with no chance to change it. So Titans can't skate, Hunters can only double jump, and there is no blink strike. Whether that's how the game will be upon release, remains to be seen.

- Primary weapons are significantly stronger in the crucible now. However, it's their headshot damage that was increased. Accuracy is being rewarded better now with primaries, and hitting only body shots will not do much damage.

- Each subclass has an ability power now as well. In addition to your grenade, special melee & super, there is an ability. Titan strikers have a shield, Dawnblade warlocks have a healing pod, Gunslingers have shadestep etc. Each subclass has a unique ability that recharges similar to all other powers.

- In PvE, enemies have elemental shields again... this time you need to use the proper element to break the shields. Otherwise kinetic weapons will work.

- There are SMGs in the game now, smaller guns with a much faster RoF compared to other weapons. Think, Doctrine of Passing, but a much smaller weapon. From what the media testers were saying, it seems that the weight of the gun you're currently wielding, does affect your in game speed. The heavier the gun, you felt a touch slower. Not a big difference, but Bungie hasn't confirmed that yet. Users said they felt speed & jump differences carrying an SMG to an LMG or rocket.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:22 pm

This will interest Smelly & Sky...................... Trials of Osiris has been changed to Trials of the Nine, the group that Xur works for. No major details have been released, other than it will be an elimination mode & launched a few weeks after the game releases giving people time to rank up.

No Lighthouse has been confirmed, however most people are assuming that anything to do with the Lighthouse will be part of the Osiris DLC.

Other fun thing to know. Hive Knights can now fly!!!! Not sure if they will be called Hive Knights or have another name, but the hive now have a winged demon enemy that looks just like a Knight.
jloco11

Postby SmellyUndies » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 am

jloco11 wrote:This will interest Smelly & Sky...................... Trials of Osiris has been changed to Trials of the Nine, the group that Xur works for. No major details have been released, other than it will be an elimination mode & launched a few weeks after the game releases giving people time to rank up.

No Lighthouse has been confirmed, however most people are assuming that anything to do with the Lighthouse will be part of the Osiris DLC.

Other fun thing to know. Hive Knights can now fly!!!! Not sure if they will be called Hive Knights or have another name, but the hive now have a winged demon enemy that looks just like a Knight.

So I can wear a Xur mask when I go to see Xur for my rewards?
Nice.

I mean when I got to the Lighthouse the first time, I could instantly tell that it was supposed to be a Tower/social space and I presume that's what'll be once the Osiris DLC comes out which'll be cool
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:
jloco11 wrote:This will interest Smelly & Sky...................... Trials of Osiris has been changed to Trials of the Nine, the group that Xur works for. No major details have been released, other than it will be an elimination mode & launched a few weeks after the game releases giving people time to rank up.

So I can wear a Xur mask when I go to see Xur for my rewards?
Nice.

I mean when I got to the Lighthouse the first time, I could instantly tell that it was supposed to be a Tower/social space and I presume that's what'll be once the Osiris DLC comes out which'll be cool

In Luke "The Asshat" Smith's interview with IGN, one of the things they mentioned is they're cutting down on social spaces... which does makes sense. We have the tower with vendors, reef with other vendors, iron temple etc. So that will all be condensed to The Farm in the European Dead Zone. They also said they don't want too many social spaces anymore, because players complained about needing to visit multiple sites to get things.

Which is partially true. Go to Iron Temple, get Shiro and Kira bounties.... go to Tower and get Zavala & Vanguard bounties.... go to reef get Queen bounties. So that's being centralized. Whether the Lighthouse becomes a space, and they open the fucking doors that are closed off remains to be seen, but it would probably be a space during the Osiris DLC.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm

More details.... this time of what's NOT coming to Destiny 2:

- Blade dancer, Sunsinger and Defender subclasses are being replaced, so they're no longer in Destiny 2. Sunsinger is obvious, no self res. Defender because it had no offensive power, so now it's being upgraded to Sentinel but it still will have a bubble option.

- No dedicated servers, it's a combination of P2P hosting with Destiny servers

- Machine Guns are gone from heavy weapons. Probably DLC :lol:

- Mars, Venus and Moon are gone from Destiny 2 and will not be locations we visit

- Quest log is also gone, as the game is going to have more of a "cohesive" feel. Bullshit, they just removed the quest log.

- Rumble will not be in Destiny 2 either, so no Free For All matches.
jloco11

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:05 pm

so should i pre-order this game or wait?
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming News