Confirmed changes & non-changes to COD4

Re: Confirmed changes & non-changes to COD4

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 am

hnic_04 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:
Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Woah, I've never seen a blue person on these forums before, welcome to http://prestigegamerz.com!!
:)
Honestly, I can't understand it. Back in the day, when we were a lot more active, we had Moderators and Global Moderators. The former were in charge of specific sections and had blue names, and the latter had control everywhere, and had green names. As the site got quieter we had no need for micro-moderation so I made all of the active mods global, and the inactive ones regular users, including HNIC. But for some reason, it never quite took properly for him and the blue name stays to this day.

Anyway, nice to see you pop in, H. I hope you stick around for a bit.

Thanks, nice to see this forum is still alive and with multiple originals still posting. I miss all you guys and the days when this forum was at it's most active. I'll stick around through the release of COD4 remastered, that game makes me think of everyone from here anyways.

How's it going? You still trying to get the platinum trophy for every game ever made?
Yeah, it's much quieter these days unfortunately but we're still alive and kicking. I miss the old days too. If a lot of members do up getting CoD4 remastered, would be nice to try and resurrect some of the old commnity events, on a smaller scale. And as for me, yep, I'm still very much hoarding trophies. Got the plat for Mankind Divided just yesterday. How've you been, what're you playing at the moment?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hnic_04 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 am

Musashi1596 wrote:
hnic_04 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:
Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Woah, I've never seen a blue person on these forums before, welcome to http://prestigegamerz.com!!
:)
Honestly, I can't understand it. Back in the day, when we were a lot more active, we had Moderators and Global Moderators. The former were in charge of specific sections and had blue names, and the latter had control everywhere, and had green names. As the site got quieter we had no need for micro-moderation so I made all of the active mods global, and the inactive ones regular users, including HNIC. But for some reason, it never quite took properly for him and the blue name stays to this day.

Anyway, nice to see you pop in, H. I hope you stick around for a bit.

Thanks, nice to see this forum is still alive and with multiple originals still posting. I miss all you guys and the days when this forum was at it's most active. I'll stick around through the release of COD4 remastered, that game makes me think of everyone from here anyways.

How's it going? You still trying to get the platinum trophy for every game ever made?
Yeah, it's much quieter these days unfortunately but we're still alive and kicking. I miss the old days too. If a lot of members do up getting CoD4 remastered, would be nice to try and resurrect some of the old commnity events, on a smaller scale. And as for me, yep, I'm still very much hoarding trophies. Got the plat for Mankind Divided just yesterday. How've you been, what're you playing at the moment?

I'd definitely be down for some community events or even just a small get together if we get enough people. I'm not playing much of anything really. If I play anything for more than 30 minutes my dog looks at me with her big sad eyes and I feel bad so my ps4 has turned into a big paperweight. I think the last game other than a COD that I bought though was The Last of US. I'll finish it one of these days. I'm just eagerly awaiting COD4, that has always been the game I could play and play without getting tired of it.
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

the classic 6 noob tube salute at the start of the match, i wonder if the noob tube glitch is still there where you could have an noob tube on non-russian gun and have one on an AK-47 and use 4 rounds
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Jimbob1337 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:31 am

Well the IW beta is off to a cracking start...

And by cracking start I mean the servers are broke as fuck!

Lol well played Infinity Ward. Well played!
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby hnic_04 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Jimbob1337 wrote:Well the IW beta is off to a cracking start...

Ya, I got a chance to play 2 games last night. Started off 0-9 and finished 18-22 the first game so I was happy with that not knowing the map. Then the 2nd match I played in some space station and after you killed people they slowly floated in front of you blocking your vision? That pretty missed pissed me off to the point I decided to quit for the night. I still "panic knife" constantly expecting a kill only to be killed as well. I can't wait for COD4, don't see myself playing much infinite warfare if at all
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Jimbob1337 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:07 pm

hnic_04 wrote:

Ya, I got a chance to play 2 games last night. Started off 0-9 and finished 18-22 the first game so I was happy with that not knowing the map. Then the 2nd match I played in some space station and after you killed people they slowly floated in front of you blocking your vision? That pretty missed pissed me off to the point I decided to quit for the night. I still "panic knife" constantly expecting a kill only to be killed as well. I can't wait for COD4, don't see myself playing much infinite warfare if at all

I can see MWR being one of the most played CoDs in recent history precisely because of how bad IW is looking to be. From what I've seen so far, IW is a copy of BO3 with a few reskins, and the perks are virtually identical. The only thing it has going for it at the moment is the weapons, because the maps so far look like crap. The space station plays like crap, the 50s map seems too chaotic, and all in all that could be the thing that kills the game. If the launch maps are at least somewhat good, the game may stand a chance.
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Jimbob1337 wrote:
hnic_04 wrote:

I can see MWR being one of the most played CoDs in recent history precisely because of how bad IW is looking to be. From what I've seen so far, IW is a copy of BO3 with a few reskins, and the perks are virtually identical. The only thing it has going for it at the moment is the weapons, because the maps so far look like crap. The space station plays like crap, the 50s map seems too chaotic, and all in all that could be the thing that kills the game. If the launch maps are at least somewhat good, the game may stand a chance.
The maps were definitely one of the strongest aspects of the remaster. MW always had the best maps. I felt like after WaW the maps really went downhill.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jimbob1337 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:51 pm

PSA: The Infinite Warfare Beta is open to ALL PLAYERS on PS4 Oct 21st to Oct 24th.

Source: https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of- ... p/10046324

Now I think it is time for everyone to get a solid opinion on the game. I may not be able to get onto it Friday night due to work, but I will definitely be on it Saturday night, Sunday night and most of Monday. (Im in UK so we get that shit till 5pm :P )
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby jloco11 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:The maps were definitely one of the strongest aspects of the remaster. MW always had the best maps. I felt like after WaW the maps really went downhill.

Over the years of playing the newer COD games, I have to disagree.

Although I LOVED to spawn trap with a group, the overwhelming majority of maps were 3 lane maps with very little room of escaping a spawn trap. Ambush, Wetwork, Crossfire, Showdown, Downpour, Crash & Backlot essentially filtered players through long narrow corridors directly into teams waiting at exit points.

Pipeline, Overgrown, Countdown, Broadcast, Bog had a little more wiggle room to escape, but of course just as easily spawn trapped with an excellent team. COD learned over the years to add more routes out of a spawn, but a map like Ambush was the perfect example of a map where a pinned team had no chance.
jloco11

Postby Jimbob1337 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Beta is currently live a day early lol!
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming News