Confirmed changes & non-changes to COD4

Confirmed changes & non-changes to COD4

Postby jloco11 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:32 pm

So based on the COD Xp weekend, where Activision invited out the biggest COD ass kissers to schlurp up some Call of Duty schlong... footage, reviews and details have been released for COD4. Some things have changed, some haven't. Here's a list so far.

Changes:
- Voice actors have changed. No more Gaz and Captain Price narrating the SAS missions.
- HEADSHOT DING IS GONE!!!!! If you land a headshot, the DING sound has been removed. Dafuq?
- No scoping across maps has been completely tweaked. Majority of the montage "snipers" confirm they didn't hit a single across the map no scope
- Some guns have had their shooting sounds changed. Desert Eagle, Mini Uzi, M1014 and .50 cal are some of the confirmed guns with different audio
- Bounce spots for snipers have been removed.
- Domination has Half Time (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT). Teams will switch sides after the first team gets to 100 points
- UAV assist points are in the game, similar to current COD games
- Score system has been multipled by 10. Before you got 5 & 10 points for kills & assists. Now it's 50 and 100 to match current COD games.
- Final kill cams added, along with emblems to announce things like triple kills in the game

Unchanged:
- Helicopter exploit still exists. Gain a chopper, die...call in the chopper and that counts towards your next killstreak
- ACOG scopes are still on sniper rifles, making it easier for the kiddies to snipe again
- Spawns have not changed, especially spawn trapping in Domination on maps
- Capturing flags does not require neutralizing it first like newer COD games. Just sit on it, and cap it quickly.
- All old challenges remain in place, no new challenges were added. However there was no confirmation on whether the original gold guns will exist, or if the gold camo that was shown is for all guns
- 5 custom character slots remain, no additional ones for prestiging
- Losing killstreaks still occurs. If you have a UAV, and then get an airstrike, you lose the UAV.
jloco11

Re: Confirmed changes & non-changes to COD4

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm

I think you posted the exact same thread twice lol
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm impressed by how the COD4 Remaster looks, definitely a pick up for me considering I only got to play it on PC for a few days and then I never got a chance to try it again.
It'll actually be nice to see how the COD4 campaign fits considering COD4 and BO3 are the only campaigns since COD3 I haven't played to completion yet...
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:56 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:I think you posted the exact same thread twice lol

Yeah, I got an error message when I hit submit... did it again and got the second post which I deleted now.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:I'm impressed by how the COD4 Remaster looks, definitely a pick up for me considering I only got to play it on PC for a few days and then I never got a chance to try it again.
It'll actually be nice to see how the COD4 campaign fits considering COD4 and BO3 are the only campaigns since COD3 I haven't played to completion yet...

COD4 campaign was the shit back in the day. I'm sure it's going to feel dated especially if they keep the clown car logic of AI spawning. If you didn't reach a certain spot on the map, enemies just kept spawning in the same locations over and over again, it was fucking stupid.

Otherwise the story is still one of the better ones because it's not filled with end of the world, apocalyptic bullshit. It has a realistic gritty feel to it, compared to the garbage that other games were putting out.
jloco11

Postby dahawk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:54 am

the only changes i really care about which are preventing me from getting it are the game attached to it and the 20$ increase in price from the original game.
dahawk

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:25 am

I wasn't in in the first place, but if I was, I would now be out
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:05 pm

kiddies can have their acog scopes on their sniper rifles, i will wait on overgrown and blow their heads off with my trusty M40 :)
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:55 pm

News outlets are reporting the space you'll need on your hd to install Infinite Bullshit and COD4. 130GB!!!!!! WHAT?!?!??!!?!?

Why the fuck is it that high? It's an old game remastered and a crappy new game that copies older games! They must be out of their minds to roll out some shit like that. That better be every fucking COD game on that disc ever made.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:34 pm

jloco11 wrote:News outlets are reporting the space you'll need on your hd to install Infinite Bullshit and COD4. 130GB!!!!!! WHAT?!?!??!!?!?

Why the fuck is it that high? It's an old game remastered and a crappy new game that copies older games! They must be out of their minds to roll out some shit like that. That better be every fucking COD game on that disc ever made.
They finally had to account for the size of Captain Price's balls
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Gaming News