Battlefield 1 News

Battlefield 1 News

Postby dahawk » Fri May 06, 2016 6:10 pm

99% confirmed the setting is World War 1, Kotaku is saying there will be an alternate history twist - which is good, it will give the developers some creative freedom

http://kotaku.com/the-next-battlefield- ... 1775120917

dahawk

Re: Battlefield 1 : The Next Battlefield Game

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:32 pm

I think 99% is a bit strong seeing as all we have to go on is a zeppelin and a trench club. Could be interesting though. Not sure what the whole alternate history thing will be like.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dahawk » Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I think 99% is a bit strong seeing as all we have to go on is a zeppelin and a trench club. Could be interesting though. Not sure what the whole alternate history thing will be like.

the trench coat is a big sign. There's also the gas mask
dahawk

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:03 pm

dahawk wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:I think 99% is a bit strong seeing as all we have to go on is a zeppelin and a trench club. Could be interesting though. Not sure what the whole alternate history thing will be like.

the trench coat is a big sign. There's also the gas mask

Not sure about the coat, looks too short to be a conventional wartime greatcoat. Material looks off too. The mask I missed, though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Definitely World War 1, anyway. Really liked the trailer, even if there was barely any gameplay footage. Hope it's decent.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm still scratching my head over this one. Aside from the alternate reality setting of WWI (something COD Ghosts tried and it was absolutely miserable), BF is going to attempt to create a story, but altering historical content... yet remain somewhat "grounded"????

I mean, if you're going to rewrite history, you might as well go the route of Resistance and just add aliens to the motherfucker.

The second issue is Battlefield 1. Apparently having exclusive MS content is rubbing off on them too much, because now they're copying Xbox's fuckered up math.
Third xbox console = Xbox One
10th named BF game = Battlefield 1

Dafuq? So by my count, they're looking at 2 comparisons, which were not well received by fans or critics, as the guideline for their newest game?

I know BF fans (and COD haters) will defend this, but outsiders are going to look at this mess and be just as confused. For this kind of hot mess, they should have just done a Bad Company game.
jloco11

Postby dahawk » Fri May 06, 2016 11:03 pm

the name is pretty lame. They should have kept with the status quo and named it BF 1917 or something.

dahawk

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat May 07, 2016 10:53 am

The alternative history worked well in Wolfenstein. So it can work if the developers have the skill to pull it off.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby thebigb59 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:The alternative history worked well in Wolfenstein. So it can work if the developers have the skill to pull it off.

True, Wolfenstien 3D was an awesome game.

Back on topic, I am abit surprised they went down the WW1 route, alternate or historical. It was mostly remembered for the horrible fighting on the Western Front. I would of thought they would either go back to WW2 with BF1944 or make a long awaited sequel to BF2142.

I will wait for E3 when we finally get some gameplay, because unlike Activision EA and Dice aren't afraid to show their MP in action.
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby thebigb59 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:34 pm

jloco11 wrote:I'm still scratching my head over this one. Aside from the alternate reality setting of WWI (something COD Ghosts tried and it was absolutely miserable), BF is going to attempt to create a story, but altering historical content... yet remain somewhat "grounded"????

I mean, if you're going to rewrite history, you might as well go the route of Resistance and just add aliens to the motherfucker.

The second issue is Battlefield 1. Apparently having exclusive MS content is rubbing off on them too much, because now they're copying Xbox's fuckered up math.
Third xbox console = Xbox One
10th named BF game = Battlefield 1

Dafuq? So by my count, they're looking at 2 comparisons, which were not well received by fans or critics, as the guideline for their newest game?

I know BF fans (and COD haters) will defend this, but outsiders are going to look at this mess and be just as confused. For this kind of hot mess, they should have just done a Bad Company game.

Its an odd choice in my view, EA just need to look at the sales of Battlefield 1943 a cut down download version of BF1942 to know people want to go back to WW2. I know its funny when World at War came out people where going "WW2 again, fuck sake" But the scale of the war there is plenty to do.

They also could of gone down the route of making a future BF game, they already did with the excellent Battlefield 2142, but EA really don't care.

On a side note, I would like another Bad Company game, Hardline proved that BC is the only spinoff of BF
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Next

Return to Gaming News