New PS4 leaked

New PS4 leaked

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:37 pm

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/04/ ... s4_systems
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sourc ... 1100-5437/

"The NEO will not supplant the current PS4, but will exist alongside of it and use the same user environment. The PS4 and NEO will use the same PSN store, connect to the same online communities, and offer the same user experience, so expect to see the same cross media bar that you’re used to. Players will be able to retain all of the purchases they made on the PS4."

Original PS4 ----------------------------------------------NEO PS4
CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz -----------------------8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz--------------------Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s ----------------------8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Plus you can access The Matrix or something on the new one, I assume.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: New PS4 leaked

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:27 pm

2 years ago, I gave a prediction that with consoles using more and more PC technology, it's only a matter of time until you can "upgrade" current consoles.

Although this is a separate unit, I still think the future will be upgradeable consoles, where you purchase some easy to install hardware upgrades that improve the original... sort of how you can upgrade a PC.

Of course, there would only be a few upgrades until the next generation of consoles needs to be released, but it was a concept that seemed like a logical step considering Sony encourages people to swap out the memory for more capacity. I think the same is going to happen with guts of the console being easily swapped out in the future.
jloco11

Re: New PS4 leaked

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Let's hope it has more success than previous examples of console upgrades.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Gaming News