PGz goty 2015

Re: PGz goty 2015

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Not one set in stone at the moment, I figured I'd give people a couple of weeks or so.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TrewSaiko » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:29 am

Best game of 2015

1)The Witcher 3
2)Bloodborne
3)Metal Gear Solid 5
4)Fallout 4
5)Can't remember any other games I played

Best dlc / expansion / micro transaction of 2015

1)Destiny TTK
2)Bloodborne DLC
3)The Witcher 3 DLC
4)
5)

Biggest dissapointment of 2015

1)Fallout 4
2)Metal Gear Online
3)
4)
5)

Most anticipated game 2016

1)The Division(Please dont suck)
2)Final Fantasy 15
3)Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4)The Last Guardian
5)Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Your best game screen capture and / or video of 2015

Would link correctly but I'm on mobile.

https://youtu.be/bJ2ClVKJ06E
Life sucks sometimes. If it didn't, videogames wouldn't exist.
TrewSaiko
Private
Private

Postby mrsulu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Best game of 2015

1) Fallout 4 (platinumed then went back for more, that almost never happens)
2) pCars (When it works it's great)
3) SW Battlefront (For atmosphere in levels)
4)
5)

1) GTAO (Still pumping out top rate dlc for free after 3 years) Heists/Yachts etc.
2) SWTOR - Knights of the Fallen Empire
3)
4)
5)

1) pCars (Buggiest game ever)
2) SW Battlefront - Amazing atmosphere ingame but that's where any positives end. The experience as a whole felt incredibly shallow because of the lack of pretty much everything, No effort whatsoever in presentation outside of the actual level design, no proper party system, outrageous Season pass price when the main game is horribly short on content.
3) Civilization - Beyond Earth
4) Fallout 4 Voiced protagonist (Nice try but no one wanted that and it adds nothing but limitations to the type of person you want to be in the wasteland)
5) Rory Mcllroy PGA

1) Warhammer - Total War
2) No Mans Sky
3) Dead Island 2
4) ME Andromeda
5) Hitman

mrsulu
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Best game of 2015

1) Pillars of Eternity. As well as being the first KS project I backed, it was seriously everything I could have asked for in an RPG. It was fantastic and puts most modern 'RPGs' to shame.
2) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. While more of an action-RPG than a role player, it was pretty great. CDPR gave us a great narrative and gameplay, while also shaming basically every other dev in the business with their approach to DLC.
3) Bloodborne. Souls.
4) Until Dawn. Despite being very short for its price tag, as a neo-classic horror fan I loved it. Though it still had limits, the choices it offered were far better than the paper-thin illusions that we have come to expect thanks to Telltale's formula.
5) Rocket League. I was terrible at this but man, it was fun, and it allowed me to set up our most successful community gaming event for quite some time, I think.

Special mention to Tales from the Borderlands and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

1) Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. There's just so much stuff.
2) Rocket League DLC packs. Reasonably priced, which somehow sets it apart from all the other DLC.
3) ???
4) I haven't played PoE's The White March yet, or Bloodborne's DLC. Hearts of Stone was unplayable for me.
5) everything else was awful

1) Metal Gear Solid V. Despite solid gameplay, it lost everything that made MGS so dear to me. Colossal fuck-up. I was expecting it to be much better and I was crushed.
2) Metal Gear Online. I had such very high hopes for this after the wonders of the previous MGO. But they fucked that up too
3) Fallout 4. I was expecting to be let down by this but not quite as much as I was. Dumbed down shit for a more general audience.
4) Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone. Basically unplayable on Death March due to loading times with no sign of being fixed.
5) The game industry continuing to act like it's been the victim of a botched lobotomy

1) Torment: Tides of Numenera. I'm a Kickstarter backer and this is the sequel to one of my favourite games of all time. Beta starts soon, though I won't have access, so I'll be keeping a very close eye on it.
2) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Ignoring the pre-order bullshit, I have high hopes. I love Deus Ex. Because cyberpunk.
3) The Division. Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck
4) Persona 5. Been a huge fan of Persona since P3, and since we've nothing but Persona 4 spinoffs since it was released back on the PS2, I can't wait to see a main game released with current gen tech.
5) Dark Souls 3. Because Souls. Also, please don't suck.

I want to say Resident Evil 0 HD, but it literally comes out today, so I doubt it counts. I might actually buy it immediately despite having a bunch of other stuff to play

I didn't make many, and most of my videos are basically "Look at this stupid thing in this disappointing game".
But I did like this

And despite the game being older than 2015, I only started playing this year, so this is my favourite cap that came to mind. From FFXIV. Just hanging out with Spazzy after I finally convinced him to try crafting.

Spoiler: show
I know neo-classic sounds really pretentious but I wanted to distinguish from classic horror of the last few decades with the old classics like Nosferatu and The Bride of Frankesntein. And now I have to live with that decision.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jimbob1337 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Best game of 2015

1) Bloodborne
2) The Witcher 3
3) Mortal Kombat X
4) Batman: Arkham Knight
5) Black Ops 3 (PS4, XO)

1) Destiny - The Taken King Gameplay fixes and updates
2) Guitar Hero TV (Guitar Hero Live) Free Additional songs
3) Advanced Supply Drops (Advanced Warfare PS4/XO) Additional weapons and unlockables, great move by the devs financially only

1) Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies mode being DLC exclusive
2) Decision to cut content on last generation consoles for cross gen games (E.g. BO3)
3) Lack of consideration for gamers with regards to fixing game-breaking bugs and glitches in online games

1) Final Fantasy VII Remake - Hoping it will do the original justice and be a great game in its own right, worried that the potentially episodic nature could be a ruining factor if it is badly priced.
2) Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm hoping it will come out around Xmas, but it could be delayed. I played all three ME games and I'm hoping for an expanded multiplayer portion of the game.
3) Final Fantasy XV - Massive Final Fantasy fan, and would like it to be released around the summer, but not holding my breath. Looking forward to playing it whenever it comes around.
4) CoD 2016 - More than likely the first 8th gen only CoD game, I'm hoping it will completely revamp and re-energise the franchise. A new engine, dedicated servers, great gameplay and it could very well be the best game of the year; but if it is the same copy and paste job as the past, it will be a complete letdown.

It isn't from 2015, more mid January, but I got Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster for PS4 for Christmas and have been playing it for the last month. This was one of the best games of Blitzball I ever got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-u57vpyRA
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Shit I somehow forgot about the Remake. Maybe I should quietly change my vote...
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:02 pm

A release date for the remake hasn't been announced yet... and SE hasn't said anything even hinting at a 2016 date.

I can't imagine they will have something this year, considering they want to sell Final Fantasy 15 to players.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 pm

jloco11 wrote:A release date for the remake hasn't been announced yet... and SE hasn't said anything even hinting at a 2016 date.

I can't imagine they will have something this year, considering they want to sell Final Fantasy 15 to players.
geez, I forgot 15 was this year too. I am really behind.

But yeah, I checked it out and no confirmed release date. Rumoured to be 2017 but that doesn't really mean anything.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:A release date for the remake hasn't been announced yet... and SE hasn't said anything even hinting at a 2016 date.

But yeah, I checked it out and no confirmed release date. Rumoured to be 2017 but that doesn't really mean anything.

Rumored 2017 means 2020 for Square Enix :lol:
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:47 pm

jloco11 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:

Rumored 2017 means 2020 for Square Enix :lol:

I can't tell if they don't realise the way they are with release dates, or just intentionally parody themselves. Always end up thinking about that easter egg in Deus Ex where there was a poster for Final Fantasy XXVII.But the game was only set in 2027. We might just be able to get to FFXVIII by then if they carry on with their current speeds.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming News