Uncharted 4 will be Naughty Dog's last Uncharted

Uncharted 4 will be Naughty Dog's last Uncharted

Postby jloco11 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:19 pm

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/uncharted ... -is-ending

Naughty Dog confirms that they will be ending their run with Uncharted after the next game. :cry:

Uncharted remains a Sony property, so it's quite possible they will work on something else besides the Last of Us 2, and that the series could be given to another studio as the article mentioned. But it looks like UC4 will be their last in the series. So enjoy the shit out of if when it comes out.
jloco11

Re: Uncharted 4 will be Naughty Dog's last Uncharted

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Good. Yes, Uncharted is great, but ND don't want to be stuck with the same IP forever. New generation console means new possibilities and something unique that wasn't previously possible. They always push the hardware to its limits but I think having a fresh IP and new ideas helps them to make something truly special.

Drake's story will have been told, no point artificially extending it for the sake of it, that's always a bad idea. I'm excited for Uncharted 4 but also excited to see what they will create next.
I feel sorry for developers that are stuck with the same IP forever and ever, must feel very restrictive for some of them.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Mi2Lethal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am

Hardly surprising really, when you look at the name of the game and also the fact that this was hinted by Neil Druckmann and Nolan North early in the year. I am however glad they are ending this franchise, don't want it to turn into something like Halo or worse, Assassins Creed!
I hope ND really knocks this one out of the park by bringing us the best Uncharted in the series.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:05 pm

don't despair, there is still the movie
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Return to Gaming News