Need for Speed: Close Your Wallets

Need for Speed: Close Your Wallets

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 pm

An EA game with no micro-transactions, or any other form of paid DLC?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/player ... 0-6431971/

Either the article is fake, or we all better climb down to the Prestige Gamerz Bunker, because the apocalypse is upon us. :mrgreen:
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Re: Need for Speed: Close Your Wallets

Postby jloco11 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Is it me, or is EA lowering the amount of microtransactions games they have outside of their sports games? Sports are also going to MT the shit out of people (retro jerseys $1, custom cleats $2, your very own Messi face for your create a character $5!... fuck off)

But their non sports games have avoided it lately. Makes me suspicious that EA is trying to be less Scumbaggy.... doesn't make any sense.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:32 pm

From what I'm reading it's online only? Even though there's no need for it to be? Which is essentially DRM. The game doesn't interest me so I've not really read up on it. But if that is true, they've just replaced one evil with another. I would argue online DRM is even worse than microtransactions, depending on how aggressive the latter is of course.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:09 am

The problem with being online all the time is they set it up to where there are only open lobbies, and if you do one of the story events, you are doing it against bots in that open lobby with everyone else.

So if I am driving around in free-roam, and you are trying to do a race, I can follow you around and repeatedly spin you out while you are doing your race.

Not saying that I've done that (but I totally have... to multiple people)
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Return to Gaming News