PS4 firmware 3.0 goes live tomorrow

PS4 firmware 3.0 goes live tomorrow

Postby thebigb59 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:14 pm

The new ps4 firmware 3.0 will go live tomorrow, so what does this new firmware add

uploading clips to Twitter - we will be able to upload 10 second videos to twitter

Playstation Plus - A new section on the UI for PS Plus, this is from the blog post "We’ve made a dedicated section for PlayStation Plus, which you can access by clicking the big Plus icon on the top right corner of your PS4 home screen. Once there you can easily manage your membership, see the monthly free games to download, deals for PS Plus members, and all of the games you’ve redeemed through PS Plus on PS4."

Youtube Live - We will now be able to stream on youtube, it can be watched from anywhere that has youtube (just remember to mute music to avoid those annoying copyright strikes!)

PNG Screenshots - can now use PNG instead of JPEG

Events - Lets us see upcoming or live events going on in games we have installed

Messaging is being improved and we can create groups

Expanding on groups is communities, a psn facebook

Stickers can be sent in messages

For more information check out the blog post where i got my information from: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/ ... sual-tour/
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Re: PS4 firmware 3.0 goes live tomorrow

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm interested to see where the new messaging features go, one thing I've always lamented about PSN is the lack of friends list organisation. It's improved a little with the Real Names service, but I really want to see something like the nickname feature that Steam offers, which allows you to assign your own name. Maybe this is the first step towards something like that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I'm interested to see where the new messaging features go, one thing I've always lamented about PSN is the lack of friends list organisation. It's improved a little with the Real Names service, but I really want to see something like the nickname feature that Steam offers, which allows you to assign your own name. Maybe this is the first step towards something like that.

We can live stream to YouTube now, that's helpful for our podcast
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Mi2Lethal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Still no option to notify you for when people come online. :dash:
I don't understand why this feature is so hard for them to implement on PS4 when the PS3 had it.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Mi2Lethal wrote:Still no option to notify you for when people come online. :dash:
I don't understand why this feature is so hard for them to implement on PS4 when the PS3 had it.
I always hated it myself, because they never let you split notifications between people signing in/out, and messages. So I had to turn them all off, and manually check for messages. It was rubbish. But still, they should bring it back as long as they let you turn it off.

Anyway, as for the new communites feature, I've made a group for the site. Just search 'Prestige Gamerz' if you want to join.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Already found a major bug in the new feature.

One of my friends sent me 1 invite to the community he made... I then spent the rest of the night getting spammed by invite notifications every 5-10 minutes.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Mi2Lethal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Mi2Lethal wrote:Still no option to notify you for when people come online. :dash:
I always hated it myself, because they never let you split notifications between people signing in/out, and messages. So I had to turn them all off, and manually check for messages. It was rubbish. But still, they should bring it back as long as they let you turn it off.

Anyway, as for the new communites feature, I've made a group for the site. Just search 'Prestige Gamerz' if you want to join.

They'll most likely let us enable/disable it if they ever bring it back.

The notification of friends joining parties are also annoying as hell, I turned that thing off a long time ago as it would just pop up like every second. Besides, I don't give a shit if JimmyQwikkscopes joined a party.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby jloco11 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:47 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Already found a major bug in the new feature.

One of my friends sent me 1 invite to the community he made... I then spent the rest of the night getting spammed by invite notifications every 5-10 minutes.

Yep, I keep getting spammed by you to join the PGz community. Annoys the fuck out of, but I think you can change the settings to not get community messages.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 pm

jloco11 wrote:
a3grlmreaper wrote:Already found a major bug in the new feature.

Yep, I keep getting spammed by you to join the PGz community. Annoys the fuck out of, but I think you can change the settings to not get community messages.
Or just join up :acute:
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 pm

That's the crazy part about it. I joined his community and it still kept spamming me invites.

I even got about 3 the next day when I turned my PS4 back on, but they stopped after that.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Return to Gaming News