Lizard Squad members arrested

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:04 am

a3grlmreaper wrote:You'll have to help me out with some citations man.

I can't find anything about this.

B. TheBig, 'Lizard Squad Members Arrested', Prestige Gamerz (Cyberspace: GoDaddy, 2015) p.1
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby thebigb59 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:34 am

Musashi1596 wrote:
a3grlmreaper wrote:You'll have to help me out with some citations man.

I can't find anything about this.

B. TheBig, 'Lizard Squad Members Arrested', Prestige Gamerz (Cyberspace: GoDaddy, 2015) p.1

what i do?
User avatar
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2
 
Posts: 2843
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Harlow, Essex

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:55 am

thebigb59 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:
a3grlmreaper wrote:You'll have to help me out with some citations man.

I can't find anything about this.

B. TheBig, 'Lizard Squad Members Arrested', Prestige Gamerz (Cyberspace: GoDaddy, 2015) p.1

what i do?

Nothing,

he was making a joke.
User avatar
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am
Location: A hot tub with Emma Watson and Anna Kendrick

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:18 am

thebigb59 wrote:their leader got off, he was hired by the nsa, same will happen to the others, they will get away with it

Not quite, he's currently serving his sentence as home detention, in a household where he is excluded from using a computer, and cellphone for the rest of his sentence. The NSA wouldn't want anything to do with him, he's a pawn at best. Anyone can DDoS anyone, it's as simple as pulling up a command prompt and ping large packets at an IP. This is nothing special at all, his hacking skill is literally that of someone his age, beginner. He'd just be a liability at the NSA anyway, he couldn't keep his trap shut after all the raids he did on PSN, Xbox and the plane scandal, he most certainly has no place with any government agency like that.
Image
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
User avatar
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 am

benjiman0 wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:their leader got off, he was hired by the nsa, same will happen to the others, they will get away with it

Not quite, he's currently serving his sentence as home detention, in a household where he is excluded from using a computer, and cellphone for the rest of his sentence. The NSA wouldn't want anything to do with him, he's a pawn at best. Anyone can DDoS anyone, it's as simple as pulling up a command prompt and ping large packets at an IP. This is nothing special at all, his hacking skill is literally that of someone his age, beginner. He'd just be a liability at the NSA anyway, he couldn't keep his trap shut after all the raids he did on PSN, Xbox and the plane scandal, he most certainly has no place with any government agency like that.

That's the point I was getting to.

The U.S. 3 letter agencies (FBI, CIA, NSA, ICE, so on and so forth) won't take anyone with anything larger than a traffic violation on their record. These are agencies that form the base of the country's National Security.

They don't just hire out any random hacker that can catch their attention. They don't even care if you have that skill. They'll train you with what you need to know. Obviously certain positions will require some form of technological degree, it makes the candidates easier to train. They wouldn't give the job to someone who knows absolutely nothing about a computer besides how to get on pornhub. :mrgreen:

But they also wouldn't give it to the leader of a well-known criminal hacker group.

That's why when bigb said the NSA had hired him, it seemed extremely unlikely in my opinion.. but I wanted to check if there is something he knows that I do not know.
User avatar
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am
Location: A hot tub with Emma Watson and Anna Kendrick

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 am

a3grlmreaper wrote:That's why when bigb said the NSA had hired him, it seemed extremely unlikely in my opinion.. but I wanted to check if there is something he knows that I do not know.

bigb confirmed for NSA agent
Image
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
User avatar
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby thebigb59 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:19 am

benjiman0 wrote:
a3grlmreaper wrote:That's why when bigb said the NSA had hired him, it seemed extremely unlikely in my opinion.. but I wanted to check if there is something he knows that I do not know.

bigb confirmed for NSA agent

Codename Snake
User avatar
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2
 
Posts: 2843
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Harlow, Essex

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:53 pm

thebigb59 wrote:Codename Snake

Image
IT'S HAPPENING, PLEASE NO SIR
Image
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
User avatar
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Lizard Squad members arrested

Postby jloco11 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:
benjiman0 wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:their leader got off, he was hired by the nsa, same will happen to the others, they will get away with it

Not quite, he's currently serving his sentence as home detention, in a household where he is excluded from using a computer, and cellphone for the rest of his sentence. The NSA wouldn't want anything to do with him, he's a pawn at best. Anyone can DDoS anyone, it's as simple as pulling up a command prompt and ping large packets at an IP. This is nothing special at all, his hacking skill is literally that of someone his age, beginner. He'd just be a liability at the NSA anyway, he couldn't keep his trap shut after all the raids he did on PSN, Xbox and the plane scandal, he most certainly has no place with any government agency like that.

That's the point I was getting to.

The U.S. 3 letter agencies (FBI, CIA, NSA, ICE, so on and so forth) won't take anyone with anything larger than a traffic violation on their record. These are agencies that form the base of the country's National Security.

They don't just hire out any random hacker that can catch their attention. They don't even care if you have that skill. They'll train you with what you need to know. Obviously certain positions will require some form of technological degree, it makes the candidates easier to train. They wouldn't give the job to someone who knows absolutely nothing about a computer besides how to get on pornhub. :mrgreen:

But they also wouldn't give it to the leader of a well-known criminal hacker group.

That's why when bigb said the NSA had hired him, it seemed extremely unlikely in my opinion.. but I wanted to check if there is something he knows that I do not know.


They might not hire someone as an employee with a record, but they sure as fuck will use them as contractors, informants, moles, spies etc!

CIA alone has no issue using criminals as pawns instead of putting agents lives at risk.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21817
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Previous

Return to Gaming News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron