Resident Evil 2 remake is official

Resident Evil 2 remake is official

Postby jloco11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcW6W-xVl-8

So starting in 2016, we're going to get games that released 20 years ago! Goes to show the quality of games these days where we need to bring back the classics.

In other news, Rare Replay is currently the highest selling game of the month!

Nintendo - Time to get your shit together and bring back Tanooki Mario from Mario 3!
jloco11

Re: Resident Evil 2 remake is official

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Nostalgia sells, and I wish companies would capitalise on it more, Nintendo notwithstanding. I'm still waiting for a new Mega Drive collection to be released.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:11 pm

Well, Resident Evil has always been the biggest money spinner for Capcom, and since they have demonstrated they've lost the spark for making great new entries in the series, I guess this is their best way to cash in. But will they be able to do the original game justice is a different question. I was pretty disappointed when I found out they ripped out all the cheesy dialogue in the Gamecube remake of RE1. And the original cheesy intro.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Well, Resident Evil has always been the biggest money spinner for Capcom, and since they have demonstrated they've lost the spark for making great new entries in the series, I guess this is their best way to cash in. But will they be able to do the original game justice is a different question. I was pretty disappointed when I found out they ripped out all the cheesy dialogue in the Gamecube remake of RE1. And the original cheesy intro.

I really liked that intro, sure it was cheesier than sniping Templar from the platform but i liked it, guess I kinda miss seeing FMV in games. Either way though, from a gameplay standpoint the REmake was pretty much perfect, so I hope they can repeat their success.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Well, Resident Evil has always been the biggest money spinner for Capcom, and since they have demonstrated they've lost the spark for making great new entries in the series, I guess this is their best way to cash in. But will they be able to do the original game justice is a different question. I was pretty disappointed when I found out they ripped out all the cheesy dialogue in the Gamecube remake of RE1. And the original cheesy intro.

I really liked that intro, sure it was cheesier than sniping Templar from the platform but i liked it, guess I kinda miss seeing FMV in games. Either way though, from a gameplay standpoint the REmake was pretty much perfect, so I hope they can repeat their success.

You haven't sniped Templar for ages! Now we shotgun him.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 pm

jloco11 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:

You haven't sniped Templar for ages! Now we shotgun him.

I actually never have, I always had the shield.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Must be hard for capcom japan to call it Resident Evil, since its called Biohazard over there. but this is awesome news, now to complete my day is square to announce an Final Fantasy 8 remake :)
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:20 pm

thebigb59 wrote:Must be hard for capcom japan to call it Resident Evil, since its called Biohazard over there. but this is awesome news, now to complete my day is square to announce an Final Fantasy 8 remake :)
I suppose it's not unreasonable that we'd see that at some point, I dearly hope so. Guess we'll see. I heard something about the 12 remaster being bogus but I'm not sure, hope not.

Either way, cynical as they may seem on the surface, I always love to see both remasters and remakes, when they're done properly.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:Must be hard for capcom japan to call it Resident Evil, since its called Biohazard over there. but this is awesome news, now to complete my day is square to announce an Final Fantasy 8 remake :)
I suppose it's not unreasonable that we'd see that at some point, I dearly hope so. Guess we'll see. I heard something about the 12 remaster being bogus but I'm not sure, hope not.

Either way, cynical as they may seem on the surface, I always love to see both remasters and remakes, when they're done properly.

Resident Evil 3 can't be too far behind this, just hope they cut carlos, I hated that guy so very very much
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Anyone remember the fanmade remake that was in the works, Resident Evil 2: Reborn?

I'd been wondering what would happen with that. In a startlingly out of character moment, Capcom are apparently working with them
http://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil ... e2-remake/

Better than slamming them with a cease and desist order and calling it a day.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Gaming News