Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Demo

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Demo

Postby goob876 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:14 pm

The game looks great so far! I just hope that they make lethal playthroughs more viable since, if I remember correctly, in Human Revolution you got more experience from going non-lethal.
PSN: goob876
goob876
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Demo

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:19 pm

From what they say in the video it sounds like they've put a lot of effort into improving aggressive style playthroughs so that they are just as fun as a stealthy approach. Should be a lot of fun.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm

This just went from being a no buy to on my radar.

I have nothing against Deus Ex, but I prefer my stealth games in third person. I am complete trash in stealth games that use first person. I mean COMPLETE trash. Which is why Splinter Cell and MGS are the only ones I like today...and Hitman to a smaller degree. Deus Ex first person felt all kinds of wrong. I couldn't gauge where everything was. The game practically punished you for not playing stealth. Bullets would kill me at full health in seconds and I was losing some fights I should have won.Third person being only possible in combat which is honestly the only thing that saved me. In MGS or Splinter cell I also have a higher chance of being stealthy, but even when I fuck up...which can't be avoided. I know in 3rd person I can move around and tactically take everyone out. I know I can't go balls in crazy from the beginning, but I'm glad I will have more options. Though I'm staring at the energy bar....just wondering if this shit will fill up. I remember buying the rechargeable battery upgrade after I had like 3-4 batteries....and find out it only charged the first one. Also why did it consume battery power to take out people with melee? I hated that shit as well. I guess because he was augmented...that's the only thing that makes sense, but I still didn't like it. I was around a corner got 2 people...had to power so Jensen couldn't do shit.

The story however was fan fucking tastic. Loved every minute of it. The hacking was good as well and they seemed to improve it too.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Hoo boy. Human Revolution was my favourite game of the last generation. Can't wait for this.

I always preferred the stealth style of play, and found pumping points into hacking and stealth skills to be great when it came to exploring and finding secret areas. Not sure if that's because I prefer stealth and exploration or whether it's because I suck at first person shooters :P

Would be good for them to make the other option more viable and interesting though. Sucked that in HR if you wanted to upgrade lots of combat skills then it left less room for hacking and other environmental skills. The prospect of non-lethal victories over bosses is great as well, something which was missing from HR.

I'm slowly thinking about boarding the hype train.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby goob876 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:From what they say in the video it sounds like they've put a lot of effort into improving aggressive style playthroughs so that they are just as fun as a stealthy approach. Should be a lot of fun.

That's good to hear. From what I saw in the video though you still get more experience from the "merciful soul" exp. bonus. So using let's say a stun gun on an enemy gives you 30 exp. and using an assault rifle only gives you 10 exp. (Unless you get a headshot which is only 10 more exp.). With that difference you could probably unlock a few more upgrades throughout the game.

I'm really looking forward to this and Mass Effect.
PSN: goob876
goob876
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby Treehugger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

So besides DLC and other stuff you usually get with preordering. If enough people preorder they are releasing the game a whole 4 days early....yeah. Also got a date February 23rd
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Mi2Lethal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 am

I didn't think pre-order culture could get this bad, lol they are going the Kickstarter route but with pre-orders as if it's a good thing
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:17 am

First they kill any excitement I might have had for Tomb Raider, now they pull this with Deus Ex. This is not how you build anticipation for an upcoming game, Square. I'll buy it second hand now, assuming they don't keep rolling out stuff like this consistently up to release which might put me off all together. Pre-order microtransactions next, that's my guess.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I bloody love Deus Ex but I will not be pre-ordering it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Ah, I was waiting for Jim Fucking Sterling (Son) to give his view. I'm disappointed it took him nearly four and a half minutes to say 'Augment my dick', but hey.

It is a horrendous idea. The final tier being that the game releases early is pathetic. I've waited for years for this game, I can wait another four days. It isn't even a physical artbook that you get. What's the point of that? Someone will upload the images to the internet eventually so that everyone can make their own digital artbooks.

Can't wait to see what the microtransactions are like.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Next

Return to Gaming News