Mass Effect Andromeda announced

Mass Effect Andromeda announced

Postby jloco11 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/ ... liday-2016

New galaxy, with a "holiday 2016" release window.

Which is going to setup one of the biggest potential asskickings in history: Destiny 2 versus Mass Effect! Sorry Bungie, you don't stand a chance against Bioware next year.
jloco11

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda announced

Postby thebigb59 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:21 pm

I hope it doens't have any banshee's, but then they will still turn up to kill gub :-D
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 pm

I hope this means we get the Andromeda Ascendant
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I hope this means we get the Andromeda Ascendant

i see what you did there :-D
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am

I'm curious about this.

I haven't played any of the previous games, but if I like what I see, then I just might re-join the PGz gaming parties.

It was fun in Destiny, but there is nothing that would make me put that disc back in my PS4.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:I'm curious about this.

I haven't played any of the previous games, but if I like what I see, then I just might re-join the PGz gaming parties.

It was fun in Destiny, but there is nothing that would make me put that disc back in my PS4.

You can get the trilogy pretty cheap, and unlike Destiny, it has an amazing story 99.9% of the way through the series. That last .01% is what pissed people off.

ME1 was a ported nightmare. The story is fine, it gives you the backdrop for the rest of the series, but be prepared for 1 of the glitchiest pieces of shit on a Sony console. If you can play it on PC, that would be your best bet.

ME2 was a storyline masterpiece. Perfectly done all the way through.

ME3 fixed all the mechanics that were stagnant in the prior 2 games, and it will feel more like a 3rd person shooter with RPG mechanics, than a rigid RPG game that had some minor shooting mechanics like the first 2. Co-Op was addicting, but I don't recommend that now. Wave mode, 11 waves against enemies on different maps, but the amount of RNG you face there is ridiculous. It took most of us MONTHS to get all the gear, let alone now with very few people playing on it.

Highest possible recommendation for a game or series to get into. It's incredibly addicting.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:43 pm

I really a want a good, solid game to be released that lots of people want to buy and that easily accomodates private multiplayer, because I really want to bring back regular community events. They used to be the lifeblood of this place. Hoping lots of people get MGO because that's looking like a strong contender.

jloco11 wrote:You can get the trilogy pretty cheap, and unlike Destiny, it has an amazing story 99.9% of the way through the series. That last .01% is what pissed people off.

ME1 was a ported nightmare. The story is fine, it gives you the backdrop for the rest of the series, but be prepared for 1 of the glitchiest pieces of shit on a Sony console. If you can play it on PC, that would be your best bet.

ME3 fixed all the mechanics that were stagnant in the prior 2 games, and it will feel more like a 3rd person shooter with RPG mechanics, than a rigid RPG game that had some minor shooting mechanics like the first 2. Co-Op was addicting, but I don't recommend that now. Wave mode, 11 waves against enemies on different maps, but the amount of RNG you face there is ridiculous. It took most of us MONTHS to get all the gear, let alone now with very few people playing on it.

Highest possible recommendation for a game or series to get into. It's incredibly addicting.

Personally I don't remember too many glitches in ME1, but I really wasn't impressed by the gameplay. This stays in mind;
Spoiler: show

I hated the combat in the first game. Enemies were damn bullet sponges. ME2 is definitely the best, shame that didn't have co-op too.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:44 pm

jloco11 wrote:

You can get the trilogy pretty cheap, and unlike Destiny, it has an amazing story 99.9% of the way through the series. That last .01% is what pissed people off.

well ME3 is for its MP, its story is weakest of the 3, the second one in my opinon is the best
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:11 pm

ME1 had the issues with the locks on the doors. Pick the lock and the game still didn't let you open it. I must have 100+ saves from trying to open shit only to get glitched out.

Couldn't enter caves or whatever when you were exploring planets if you flipped the mako and exited. If you managed to flip the mako over, and then departed the mako, you didn't get the option to enter the structure on the planet. You would have to go back to orbit and head back in again and do it all over again.

Final boss fight would freeze. When the game switched to the cutscene and came back, the shit would freeze on people. The only way to bypass the frame rate stutter & freeze, was to hit the end boss with everything you had to hurt him fast to avoid the cutscene freezing the game. Then afterwards you had a slowed down, frame rate issue fight. That shit was terrible.
jloco11

Postby thebigb59 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Personally I don't remember too many glitches in ME1, but I really wasn't impressed by the gameplay. This stays in mind

thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Next

Return to Gaming News