Star Wars Battlefront News

Re: Battlefront to be Unveiled Next Month

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 pm

A lot of balancing needs to be done.

I played about 4 hours yesterday... I saw the rebels win the Walker Assault mode once. Also it feels like the blaster-pistol is on the OP side.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Sugarsugar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Played the beta for a few hours. Honestly, the game's fairly average. It's a battlefield-lite, Star Wars themed game. I could see myself getting bored after a few games.

The Walker Assault map is extremely one-sided. The rebel team needs to activate links AND damage / destroy the two walkers to win, whereas the empire team just needs to defend the links. Where's the fun in being a rebel when you're behind the curve from the get-go?

I thought the gunplay was solid though. Feels great firing lasers at other players for a change. Sound quality is top-notch, as you would expect from a DICE game.
Sugarsugar
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, the Rebels have a definite disadvantage on that particular map, no arguing with that, but that's something they can tweak before release, so not really a huge deal I would say.

I can see myself getting bored after a few weeks, but if that happens I'll trade the game in and get most of the money back towards something else. Most of the people I know are getting it on release so I don't really want to be sitting back while everyone else raves about it. It is a lot of fun, even if it does end up having a fairly short life span.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby a3grlmreaper » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:45 am

Sugarsugar wrote:Played the beta for a few hours. Honestly, the game's fairly average. It's a battlefield-lite, Star Wars themed game. I could see myself getting bored after a few games.

The Walker Assault map is extremely one-sided. The rebel team needs to activate links AND damage / destroy the two walkers to win, whereas the empire team just needs to defend the links. Where's the fun in being a rebel when you're behind the curve from the get-go?

I thought the gunplay was solid though. Feels great firing lasers at other players for a change. Sound quality is top-notch, as you would expect from a DICE game.

Strangely enough, I prefer being a Rebel, even though I know we're going to lose.

I prefer get in the air, and then when my team gets the links activated, I get to just bring the pain on those walkers. It's ridiculous on how satisfying it is to rain down on them with all my fury.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby dahawk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:19 am

:pilot:
dahawk

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 pm

That looks good! Guess I should get my pre-order in now.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dahawk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 am

more content coming next month - including a new game mode. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-40 ... 0-6432570/
dahawk

Re: Star Wars Battlefront News

Postby dahawk » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:05 pm

XMAS NOOB MASSACRE. This wasn't even the best match, in my best match today I got 70 kills. In another which i'll upload later I went 50-9. This game is just insanely fun.

dahawk

Postby a3grlmreaper » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:38 am

I just picked it up off Amazon for $40.

Hopefully, not a lot of people have learned how to fly. Back during the Beta, it was my sky. The only others up there were my teammates, and thats only because there was no friendly fire.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 am

Nice work guys. I tried a game of hero hunt last night, and ended up getting more kills than all the other players put together, haha. They must have hated me by the end. Of the 6 heroes, I think Luke is the strongest. Although Fett is a wild card with his jet pack.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming News