Star Wars Battlefront News

Star Wars Battlefront News

Postby a3grlmreaper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 pm

With Visceral Games handling the next Battlefield game, DICE has been hard at work reviving an old classic: Battlefront.

After getting snubbing us at the last E3 with a Behind the Scenes clip, they're finally ready to show us what they have.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/19/825785 ... ation-2015

Battlefront II was a great game in its time period, and DICE has done a great job on the Battlefield series that it is Call of Duty's greatest rival in the race for King of FPS.

I have high hopes for it. Although it will probably be a reskinned Battlefield. This isn't the first time EA has wanted DICE to revive an old series. DICE handled the Multiplayer on the 2010 Medal of Honor reboot, and Danger Close did the campaign. What came out of it was Diet Battlefield. The games were identical. It was Battlefield, minus everything that makes people like Battlefield more than COD. In fact it was sort of like they combined Battlefield and Call of Duty, and put together all of the bad parts, and none of the good.

It didn't have the large maps, the destructible environments, the vehicles, or the large number of weapons. It was Call of Duty bones and Battlefield skin.
Last edited by dahawk on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed for relevancy
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Re: Battlefront to be Unveiled Next Month

Postby thebigb59 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:46 pm

it better be awesome or i will force choke ea
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby dahawk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 am

What Battlefront needs to be decent: singleplayer, singleplayer, singleplayer. Instant Action and Galactic Conquest with AI bots, not just a campaign.
What Battlefront needs to be GREAT: no 'compete with CoD' or 're-imagine' mentality. It needs to be a *new* Star Wars: Battlefront. Not a next (next) gen Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Battlefield: Star Wars.

Finally, anything revealed which doesn't live up to the hype created by this video is a failure, imo. Some of this footage is from a PSP game, you can tell the difference between the two games though.

dahawk

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 am

Yeah... Galactic Conquest was the shit, and if there is anything BF2 needed, it's a significant AI upgrade.

Loved the game, but it had one of the worst AI's ever. The only way I could win in Galactic Conquest is by killing faster than the AI could die, which was hard since they would TK each other.

No joke, there was some serious bullshit. I could be actively firing an automatic weapon at an enemy, and one of the friendly CPU's would come, walk right in front of me, then just stand there and soak up the shots... and it happens more times than I am comfortable speaking about.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:03 pm

I disagree with the statement about Medal of Honor's MP, its only flaw was DICE didn't give it the time it needed to be finished.

On a side note, they better treat this game with the respect is deserves and they also should know that is been so long since the last game, it cannot be messed up
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:07 pm

thebigb59 wrote:I disagree with the statement about Medal of Honor's MP, its only flaw was DICE didn't give it the time it needed to be finished.

On a side note, they better treat this game with the respect is deserves and they also should know that is been so long since the last game, it cannot be messed up

We're talking EA here... You tell them something can't be screwed up, and their reaction is

jloco11

Postby a3grlmreaper » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:42 pm

thebigb59 wrote:I disagree with the statement about Medal of Honor's MP, its only flaw was DICE didn't give it the time it needed to be finished.

I guess my main issue with it was that it didn't do anything to set itself apart from the other games.

Don't remember what video it was, but it was a montage and someone in the comments was asking if one part was BF3. The only reason I knew it was MOH instead of BF3 is because I recognized the map.

You're right, it didn't get the attention it needed. Like I said, it was basically Battlefield without all the cool stuff.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 pm

jloco11 wrote:

We're talking EA here... You tell them something can't be screwed up, and their reaction is

yep, its EA, they will screw something up
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:22 am

I'm not expecting anything amazing, but happy for them to prove me wrong.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby a3grlmreaper » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:11 pm

EA has announced the first hands-on experience, only available to a very small amount of people.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Gaming News