Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Releases 2/6

If you haven't played the game, I seriously envy that your first experience will be PS4 in 4k HDR. The game was a masterpiece on PS2 13 years ago and had stunning graphics in those days. Now the technology has caught up and making the landscape and open world even more amazing.
jloco11

Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 am

This does look pretty incredible, no doubt it would have a more excited reaction had it not been remastered already on PS3. Interested to see what these super remake devs will do next, I bet they're getting lots of offers now, especially with publishers realising how much money can be made by recycling much loved classics and doing it well. Capcom take note, half arsing it doesn't work.
Last edited by Lieutenant Fatman on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:This does look pretty incredible, no doubt it would have a more excited reaction had it not been remastered already on PS3. Interested to see what these super remake devs will do next, I bet they're getting lots of offers now, especially with publishers realising how much money can be made by recycling much loved classics and doing it well. Capcom take not, half arsing it doesn't work.
I know Bluepoint were the team behind the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, which was extremely well done. Definitely seem like a capable bunch and I hope to see more from them. I do think porting remasters is getting a little old though. I don't have a problem with it but it would be nice if you could get a discount or something if you already got it on PS3. I'm still mad about getting FFX on PS3 and then the PS4 port was the objectively better version.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 pm

At this point I would be surprised if PlayStation 5 doesn't have a whole library of Final Fantasy games with even better graphics. Remastered remasters are the future.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Nostalgia sells............hence the FF7 remake is probably going to be the best selling remaster of all. People have been asking for that to be remade for years (ever since the PS3 tech demo).

Just waiting on Pitfall and Pong to get remasters :lol:
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

jloco11 wrote:Nostalgia sells............hence the FF7 remake is probably going to be the best selling remaster of all. People have been asking for that to be remade for years (ever since the PS3 tech demo).

To be fair, I had a pretty awesome version of Pong way back on the PS1. It was genuinely really good andI guess it counts as a remaster.

I am dearly looking forward to the FF7 remake, although I'd still prefer 8. It still infuriates me that they skipped porting that and did 7 and 9. I really hope it's good or I'll be crushed.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:Nostalgia sells............hence the FF7 remake is probably going to be the best selling remaster of all. People have been asking for that to be remade for years (ever since the PS3 tech demo).

To be fair, I had a pretty awesome version of Pong way back on the PS1. It was genuinely really good andI guess it counts as a remaster.

I am dearly looking forward to the FF7 remake, although I'd still prefer 8. It still infuriates me that they skipped porting that and did 7 and 9. I really hope it's good or I'll be crushed.

They've kinda skipped around the remasters, where 12 was the recent one, 7 was before that...... 10 was before that. I can't imagine they would neglect 8 considering they remastered 10-2.
jloco11

Return to Gaming News