Star Wars Battlefront II

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 am

Honestly, I don't regret buying it. The game play is fun, and at the end of the day isn't that the whole point of a game.

Sure, they didn't just drop the ball on everything else, they spiked that son of bitch like they just scored an overtime touchdown in the Super Bowl, but the core of the game is great. The graphics and visuals are outstanding for console. There are AAA PC games that don't have graphics this good.

The campaign is 10/10 with a good and authentic Star Wars plot line, deep and complex characters with character development that you can actually emotionally invest in, proper length and depth, and quick appearances from the main Star Wars heroes that stayed true and authentic to their on-screen counter parts.

They improved the gameplay mechanics to make both in air and on ground combat smoother. They balanced the hero characters so they aren't as over powered, and it's harder for the sweaty's to ball hog them all match then cheese in the back of the map where you can't get close (it still happens but the people who care THAT much about their score in a Star Wars game... just let them have it, I'm pretty sure that's all they have)

At one time I went back to play Battlefront 1 just for old times sake, and to my surprise I was bored. I wasn't enjoying it as much. If it wasn't for those damn loot crate progression systems being so broken (refer to previous rant ^) and what feels like a shortage of maps and gamemodes...

Although apparently fewer maps is just the new "save a penny, give less but charge the same" scheme that is on the up rise with developers now. I can't believe how few maps there are in CoD WW2. Which is a shame because Sledgehammer finally managed to recapture what made Call of Duty what it was. (Minus how badly they screwed up sniping, but that's all a review for a different thread)
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Honestly, I don't regret buying it. The game play is fun, and at the end of the day isn't that the whole point of a game.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Gaming News